This is kind of disturbing. | The Boneyard

This is kind of disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cash grab by MLS and Mexico. I get it but I don't like it.

Zoo, your second sentence is what scares me the most. The next USMNT manager hire is the most critical in the program's history (unless we cycle through them like Mexico). I am behind JK because tactics aside, he has been the catalyst behind the aggressive push to place more juniors in European academies - something we haven't seen at this scale before. If the next hire is an MLS coach or someone with strong MLS ties, we have chosen to be in the 25-35 FIFA ranking range and trotting out guys like Bradley and Zardes and playing lousy counter-attacking football.

The momentum is picking up with Pulisic, Miazga, Yedlin, Brooks, and more , and younger --- soon there will be playmakers at the top of the formation with enough class to create in small spaces against top flight competition.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Besides the tepid results - I think JK's biggest problem now is the players hate him.

Reaction Score
A coach may be loved or hated but they always must be respected.

Reaction Score
I think he's on thin ice and failure going through the group will be the end. Having said that, which player in our starting 11 would replace their counterpart on Mexico, Colombia, England?

If we want to be realistically compared with the 5-15 FIFA ranked teams, we need to field players that play in the most competitive leagues. I think the transition will set in 3-10 years out, but the current setup doesn't deliver.

If the next coach is some Garber puppet to showcase American MLS all-stars and drive domestic league ticket sales we should cancel the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom