This has to be the worst bubble ever | The Boneyard

This has to be the worst bubble ever

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was just checking out some 'bracketology' sites.

North Carolina State and Rhode Island in the tournament with Georgia Tech and Seton Hall just out of the field?

It might be time to think about going back to 64 instead of 68. The teams on the bubble are terrible.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was just checking out some 'bracketology' sites.

North Carolina State and Rhode Island in the tournament with Georgia Tech and Seton Hall just out of the field?

It might be time to think about going back to 64 instead of 68. The teams on the bubble are terrible.

And we aren't even on the bubble. :(

Reaction Score
This is said every year.

Seton Hall and Rhode Island are decent teams. I'd absolutely watch a play-in game between those two. Georgia Tech and N.C. State seem to be getting the ACC boost - I can't envision a scenario where either of them finish close to .500 in ACC play (though I'll admit Pastner deserves credit, as they've been more competitive than I've thought). N.C. State ranks 75th in KenPom and Georgia Tech ranks 116th (one spot ahead of Tulsa).

I don't put much stock into bracketology this time of year.

Reaction Score
Rhode Island is a very talented team that can't ever finish good teams off. If they did figure it out they could beat a couple teams in the tournament. Their inclusion confuses me less than Georgia Tech

Reaction Score
bubble.jpg

Worst bubble ever according to millenials

Reaction Score
Without the AAC tourney win (finals only) do we have a path to the bubble?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Without the AAC tourney win (finals only) do we have a path to the bubble?
No! Ok let's give it a try. If UConn goes 11-2 for the rest of the season (only losing to SMU and Cincy on the road) they will be 18-12, 13-5 in conf. which will probably make them a 4 or 5 seed in the AAC tourney. They go 2-1 in the tourney losing to a higher seed in a close game in the final. 20-13 with a strong second half of the season gets them in to a play-in game (65-68). That's the best I can dream up.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No! Ok let's give it a try. If UConn goes 11-2 for the rest of the season (only losing to SMU and Cincy on the road) they will be 18-12, 13-5 in conf. which will probably make them a 4 or 5 seed in the AAC tourney. They go 2-1 in the tourney losing to a higher seed in a close game in the final. 20-13 with a strong second half of the season gets them in to a play-in game (65-68). That's the best I can dream up.
Almost hoping they put on a run and get into the NIT as opposed to the NCAA but only if they have a good run in the NIT so the players coming back next season (hopefully Jalen comes back) get a chance to have decent playoff experience. Can't imagine this team being anything but one and done in the NCAA tournament.

I'm putting a greater value on experience that can help the team next year more than prestige for recruiting, but recognize how others may choose the opposite. Of course there is no guarantee the playoffs of any venue are looking good at the moment or that they'd have a decent run in the NIT.

Reaction Score
I agree, there would be a sliver of chance if this happened, which will be a lot, beating Houston on the road who hammered us and Memphis at home, etc. in addition.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's January 18th - the whole thing is crazy
A lot can happen
These bubble watches and bracket crap are for people like me who have nothing better to do with their lives

Reaction Score
They would actually be 17-12 as the Chaminade win does not count as it is not a D1 team. Under that scenerio their RPI is 57 and SOS is 53. Is that the bubble maybe, maybe not.

Say they beat Tulsa and SMU and lose to Cincy in the AACT they have an RPI of 50 and a record of 19-12. I cannot see this being an at large.

Also, there is no way this team finishes 11-2 down the stretch.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Rhode Island had Ben Eaves. That's a ticket to eternal greatness and relevancy.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
They would actually be 17-12 as the Chaminade win does not count as it is not a D1 team. Under that scenerio their RPI is 57 and SOS is 53. Is that the bubble maybe, maybe not.

Say they beat Tulsa and SMU and lose to Cincy in the AACT they have an RPI of 50 and a record of 19-12. I cannot see this being an at large.

The first word of my response is how I really feel. Jibsey asked so I gave my best case answer. Your RPI and SOS projections gave me a glimmer of hope . Then I checked the 2016 bubble teams and all 4 of the 16 seeds were conference tourney champs. So I've spent way too much time on something with < 1pct. chance of happening. Talk about excellent time management skills.

Reaction Score

Agreed. As much as this team has grown, they just aren't consistent enough to go on a roll like that, with some key games being on the road.

The biggest thing we need from the remaining 13 conference games is continued growth from some of our players, and hopefully getting enough wins to get a 1st round bye in the American. If they can do that, then their season comes down to 3 games in 3 days in a home environment. Even with as good as Cincy is playing, I don't see any of these teams being unbeatable, certainly on our home floor.

Reaction Score
Rhode Island is a very talented team that can't ever finish good teams off. If they did figure it out they could beat a couple teams in the tournament. Their inclusion confuses me less than Georgia Tech

Agreed. It's PG is the real deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom