This board will be irrelevant in 3 months | The Boneyard

This board will be irrelevant in 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
This board will self-destruct in 3 months. Either we have been invited to the B12 and our conference realignment has been solved for at least 6 years. Or we don't get invited and the we are officially dead in the water in the G5. Either way, this board is no longer necessary in 3 months. So let's enjoy the insanity that is the 'Conference Realignment Board' for the next couple of months.

....in related news, the car wash industry is preparing for a severe reduction in business starting in Q4 and beyond!;)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This board will self-destruct in 3 months. Either we have been invited to the B12 and our conference realignment has been solved for at least 6 years. Or we don't get invited and the we are officially dead in the water in the G5. Either way, this board is no longer necessary in 3 months. So let's enjoy the insanity that is the 'Conference Realignment Board' for the next couple of months.

....in related news, the car wash industry is preparing for a severe reduction in business starting in Q4 and beyond!;)
If you believe Russ Steinberg... UConn admins wouldn't panic if they are left out of the B12. What that means beyond 3-5 years in the diminished AAC, I have no idea.

Of course, fanbase wold panic like that old SportsCenter commercial where the Y2K bug strikes.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
B12 without UT and OU is still comparable to the old Big East. I would be fine with it.

The big question in that scenario would be whether or not the B12 retains its P5 status. If they get four more teams in now with time to develop their respective athletic programs in a P5 conference, maybe by the time that happens, if ever, the rest of the league will be strong enough to maintain P5 status. That's really what this is all about for the B12 on a long term basis.

It's also going to be difficult politically for Oklahoma to go anywhere and leave OSU behind, so it's a tougher challenge for them to move on without bringing the Cowboys along with them. One thing some people don't know is that OSU has won 51 NCAA titles. They basically trail only the three California schools (USC, UCLA and Stanford) in the national title count.

Reaction Score

As a Cincinnati fan I have been consumed with this realignment crap non stop since the morning PITT and CUSE decided to blow up the BIG EAST. Every rumor, every tweet, every fan forum, it has been mind numbing....The fact is, if your not in a P5 conference your program is toast. The money gap is just too big to over come. They have managed to suck all the fun out of following college sports. I know it has always been about the money, but it was never as in your face as it is right now.....I think Cincy and UCONN will be added to the BIG12, probably with BYU and Houston now to get to 14. Who knows, but I will be glad when it is finally decided...... Also, this is by far the best fan forum in the country. You guys get and give more REAL information than any other fan site.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
If you believe Russ Steinberg... UConn admins wouldn't panic if they are left out of the B12. What that means beyond 3-5 years in the diminished AAC, I have no idea.

Of course, fanbase wold panic like that old SportsCenter commercial where the Y2K bug strikes.

Would you expect them to admit, "If we're passed over again, we're completely screwed and now destined to death by slow bleed-out"? If they don't panic, then our admins are indisputably incompetent.

Reaction Score
Would you expect them to admit, "If we're passed over again, we're completely screwed and now destined to death by slow bleed-out"? If they don't panic, then our admins are indisputably incompetent.

Have you ever seen a bleeding ulcer? No? Doesn't mean they don't exist.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

It's worth watching if for no other reason than it epitomizes the relationship between UConn and Rutgers. UConn gets all of the trophies, but Rutgers gets the B1G foot stomp on us at the end. Plus Charlie Steiner at the end is boss.

Reaction Score
It's worth watching if for no other reason than it epitomizes the relationship between UConn and Rutgers. UConn gets all of the trophies, but Rutgers gets the B1G foot stomp on us at the end. Plus Charlie Steiner at the end is boss.

Best one of these ever. And there were a lot of good ones.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State: FWIW, 51 - 30-something wrestling - 10 or so golf = a few hoops and baseball combined at some point ... definitely no Rutgers.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
We can argue about what panicking would be, I mean it as losing your ability to act rationally and productively. Maybe you mean it to act in an urgent way.

Competence would be figuring out some way of putting an passably attractive product, getting butts in seats and our Tier 3 back. And reaching out to the ACC and Big Ten just to keep lines of communication going (which was what was mentioned in that ADB post). Just in case there is a chance. If there isn't, then yeah, go panic and drop football and join the Big East.

Reaction Score
As a Cincinnati fan I have been consumed with this realignment crap non stop since the morning PITT and CUSE decided to blow up the BIG EAST. Every rumor, every tweet, every fan forum, it has been mind numbing....The fact is, if your not in a P5 conference your program is toast. The money gap is just too big to over come. They have managed to suck all the fun out of following college sports. I know it has always been about the money, but it was never as in your face as it is right now.....I think Cincy and UCONN will be added to the BIG12, probably with BYU and Houston now to get to 14. Who knows, but I will be glad when it is finally decided. Also, this is by far the best fan forum in the country. You guys get and give more REAL information than any other fan site.
All our info comes directly from a Wake Forrest fans passed eithout notice at NC
Carwash, how much better of a source do you need.
Frankly eithout a sense of humor we all would have gone mad by now.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
We can argue about what panicking would be, I mean it as losing your ability to act rationally and productively. Maybe you mean it to act in an urgent way.

Competence would be figuring out some way of putting an passably attractive product, getting butts in seats and our Tier 3 back. And reaching out to the ACC and Big Ten just to keep lines of communication going (which was what was mentioned in that ADB post). Just in case there is a chance. If there isn't, then yeah, go panic and drop football and join the Big East.

I think you underestimate the impact of a prolonged existence in the AAC, especially a watered down AAC post B12 expansion. UConn G5 football isn't sustainable. Its no different than I-AA football pre-upgrade. Football won't be dropped in a panic, it will die a slowly.

To me, "admins not panicking" sounds like "We're Uconn. We'll be fine whatever the future holds."

junglehusky

Reaction Score
To me, "admins not panicking" sounds like "We're Uconn. We'll be fine whatever the future holds."
It's either say something along those lines and work behind the scenes, or put out transparently BS press releases like ECU and Tulane are doing to give the appearance of trying.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Also, this is by far the best fan forum in the country. You guys get and give more REAL information than any other fan site.
Cheers. And FWIW, I & most others will be profoundly disappointed if somehow we end up in a conference without you guys. We've come to really, really hate you -- which is true sign of respect.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
It's either say something along those lines and work behind the scenes, or put out transparently BS press releases like ECU and Tulane are doing to give the appearance of trying.

Agreed in terms of the public approach they've taken this week. But they/you/we should be prepared for the worst if we end up in the aac post-b12 expansion.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You'd think if UConn were left behind, the silver lining is that all of our productivity would go up.

You'd think that, but I'm pretty sure that all the time saved would be replaced by drinking and vulgar mumblings.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You'd think if UConn were left behind, the silver lining is that all of our productivity would go up.

You'd think that, but I'm pretty sure that all the time saved would be replace by drinking and vulgar mumblings.

As well as planning and implementing the execution of all those who have betrayed us. Throat punches will no longer be a viable punishment for the wicked. Our enemies list will be much longer and more comprehensive than Nixon's was.

Come to think of it, this activity would not fall into the unproductive time category after all. It will represent time well spent.

Reaction Score
This thread is based on the premise that this board was ever. Relevant
ˈreləvənt/
adjective
  1. closely connected or appropriate to the matter at hand.
    "the candidate's experience is relevant to the job"
    synonyms: pertinent, applicable, apposite, material, apropos, to the point, germane;
    Stretched the definition a wee bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger