Think about this instability | The Boneyard

Think about this instability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since Randy left there have been two Presidents, three athletic Directors and three Head Coaches (including TJ) in six years. What this program needs and what this AD needs is some stability to get back on track. Crazy

When Edsall left Obama was President. When the presser went off yesterday, Obama was President. What am I missing?

Reaction Score
When Edsall left Obama was President. When the presser went off yesterday, Obama was President. What am I missing?

Obama was UConn's President all that time? I thought it was Hogan then Herbst? I could be wrong. Or did I just take a big bite of fish bait? LOL

Reaction Score
BL spends a lot of time in the Cesspool where everyone is obsessed one way or the other over Obama or Trump. So excusable to post the way he did.

In fairness to "everyone," I don't know why they should excuse anyone spending a lot of time in the Cesspool. It's a filthy habit. I hope to cut way back on it in the New Year.

Reaction Score
Obama was UConn's President all that time? I thought it was Hogan then Herbst? I could be wrong. Or did I just take a big bite of fish bait? LOL
Sigh. Et tu Biz Law? What does The occupant of the Oval office have to do with the instability in Storrs?

Reaction Score
Since Randy left there have been two Presidents, three athletic Directors and three Head Coaches (including TJ) in six years. What this program needs and what this AD needs is some stability to get back on track. Crazy
I just saw on Sports Center a report on Pro Coaches. Since Kraft hired Belicheck the other teams in their division have been through 23 head coaching changes. They spoke about Bill being a loser in Cleveland and just getting away from the Jets. The jist of the report was that as far as hiring coaches go you would rather be lucky than good. I hope that is the case this time. He shouldn't have had to leave in the first place because of differences with a putz of an AD. So Maybe this is where he belongs after all. It will take a while to untangle the mess of the last 6 years but here is hoping. HAPPY NEW YEARS BONE YARDERS!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
DB needs to stick around a while and do his thing. I was not a fan of bringing back Edsall and originally was gonna give up my tickets...stepped away from the edge and my wife told me it wasn't happening anyway...and realized that right now the ship needs to be righted and stabilized before sailing full steam ahead. After looking at it rationally I think he will get it done. I'm still holding off giving it a full stamp of approval until I see his staff; but at this point he is the right guy for this job. As much as I liked the short ride out of the parking lot after games..it does suck because when reality hits that nobody was at the game.

Reaction Score
DB needs to stick around a while and do his thing. I was not a fan of bringing back Edsall and originally was gonna give up my tickets...stepped away from the edge and my wife told me it wasn't happening anyway...and realized that right now the ship needs to be righted and stabilized before sailing full steam ahead. After looking at it rationally I think he will get it done. I'm still holding off giving it a full stamp of approval until I see his staff; but at this point he is the right guy for this job. As much as I liked the short ride out of the parking lot after games..it does suck because when reality hits that nobody was at the game.
I still plan on getting single game tickets this year for the 1st time ever. Want to see the Rent get back to what it used to be.

Reaction Score
I still plan on getting single game tickets this year for the 1st time ever. Want to see the Rent get back to what it used to be.
Single or season...if your a** is in a seat that's all that matters because it is one less empty spot on a aluminum bench or blue chair back seat at Rentschler!

Reaction Score
Single or season...if your a** is in a seat that's all that matters because it is one less empty spot on a aluminum bench or blue chair back seat at Rentschler!
The Diaco hired has really soured me. Yeah I get he looked good on paper, but they should of went offensive hire that time just to reverse the trend. Instead went defense and managed to get a guy without a clue on when ot how to use timeouts or get plays in on time. In retrospect they couldn't have made a worse hired if they tried. To make matters even more ridiculous he makes up a fake rivalry game and is an all around buffoon when he talks to the media.

That's why while I was never enamored with Edsall, ill wash his car every week just to be out from under the disaster that was the last guy.

Reaction Score
Ever since AD Lew Perkins brought us into Division 1 Football, Herbst and Benedict are far and away the best combo of President/AD talent we've ever had. I only wish they were in power earlier. Nevertheless, that's why Edsall is here. He knows it too.

Reaction Score
Ever since AD Lew Perkins brought us into Division 1 Football, Herbst and Benedict are far and away the best combo of President/AD talent we've ever had. I only wish they were in power earlier. Nevertheless, that's why Edsall is here. He knows it too.
IMHO Edsall is going to have the same relationship he had with Perkins with DB. You could see it in the both of them at the press conference. It was mutual respect not a love fest.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

At risk of being controversial, I'm already a much bigger fan of Benedict than I was of Manuel. I think the latter made a lot of bad decisions that got swept under the rug; decisions that we are currently paying for, literally. I think Athletic Director Dave is off to a very good start and I look forward to his future here at UCONN...

Reaction Score
I heard that Hathaway was being brought back as Randy's personal beeyotch to help with his instability.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
A someone who did that least season I can tell you, I ended up spending more per game than I did with season tix. (had to get 1 extra for each game because before the season, I didn't think the wife was going to go to as many as she did)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom