Thing I Want to Hear from the New Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thing I Want to Hear from the New Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want to hear about RKGs and proper vitamin D levels. I want to hear about energy vampires and fish oil cake. I want to hear about faking a fake field goal and having an "exhibition" portion of the regular season.

Jesus in the huddle? Yes, please! 12 yard cushions from our defensive backs? Absolutely! Not getting a play in after a timeout? Where do I sign up?!?

On such a joyous occasion, just the change alone is good enough for me...:cool:
Or my personal favorite, the fake, fake field goal! Sorry, too happy to read good! I guess you already said that.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
"We're going to win, win, win win. We're going to win so much, you're going to say 'I'm tired of winning!'"

Reaction Score
We will win by owning both sides of the ball in the trenches!! Our Line Backers will be fast and love to hit everyone. Our offense will be creative and take advantage of the other team and ultimately pound the crap out of them.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
"We're going to win, win, win win. We're going to win so much, you're going to say 'I'm tired of winning!'"

We're going to win like the UCONN women's basketball team.

Reaction Score
I would like him to say:
"Let's make this short and sweet because I have to get to work and bring in the best possible talent in the next 4 weeks"
"It's great to be back in Storrs, I promised my family we would stay longer than the 1 year in State College".
"That's it..... no promises but 100% of everything I got... talk to you in a month"

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The good news, of course, is while our cieling will be very low until we have an overhaul of talent over a few years, it should not be hard at all for even an average coach to improve this team.

The cupboard is gonna be as bare as Diaco inaccurately thought it was when he started.

Reaction Score
Winning championships is our goal, and we need to get to work right away, this day and age in college football there is no wait 2-3 years to be a solid team.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I only casually follow recruiting beyond paying attention to who commits, but I thought Diaco DID offer many more highly rated players than we ever had before? Landed little to none of them, but the logic was at least he tried, and at least he could build some relationships with programs that produce a lot of D1 players

he did just that, you look at the 5 and 4 star guys from the eastern seaboard and most of em had uconn offers but we just aren't in competition for that caliber of player. at least not yet

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
How about we are going to recruit like we want to play with the big boys. Translation we are going to actually engage with and make an attempt to get some 4 and (gasp) 5 star recruits into the program. You can't get them if you don't try, BD never really made an attempt to go after this level of players and that is what is also needed to elevate this program. You can't be last in recruiting in the American year in and year out and expect to improve. Can't do it - don't care if Belechik is coaching.

Is the weather nice in fantasy land? I don't think some home grown 4 stars are out of the question but 5 stars just aren't gonna stay here to play G5 football when the opportunity to play for perennial championship contenders is available. *gasp*
also, you are aware that there are usually only about a dozen 5 star kids a year right? if you think we can compete for those guys your dreaming.

Reaction Score
he did just that, you look at the 5 and 4 star guys from the eastern seaboard and most of em had uconn offers but we just aren't in competition for that caliber of player. at least not yet
Who is running the show might be the decisive factor for some of these 5 and 4 star guys. Some of these kids might take a hard look when it comes to playing time "if" they feel that the program is being headed by someone (a staff) that they can believe in and they have some serious facilities. What that means is can the new staff make these kids believe that Storrs can be the place that will develop them and give them a chance to shine? Let's hope so. I've seen college programs turn around pretty quickly and why can't it be us, this time around"

Reaction Score
Is the weather nice in fantasy land? I don't think some home grown 4 stars are out of the question but 5 stars just aren't gonna stay here to play G5 football when the opportunity to play for perennial championship contenders is available. *gasp*
also, you are aware that there are usually only about a dozen 5 star kids a year right? if you think we can compete for those guys your dreaming.
Okay, you have to know that every year there are players that come around that weren't those 5 and even 4 star players that scouting services designate, that evolve into fantastic players. There isn't anyway that some kids aren't appreciably better than the services think or maybe it's just that their development went more slowly but why can't we be amongst the programs that get a couple of these kids that make a massive difference and help turn this program into something special? We had the magic in the 80's when the two basketball programs got great coaches and a few good players and built on that to make our state renowned as the basketball capitol of the world as suggested by Jay Bilas a couple of years ago. It may be a more difficult chore in football but a couple of special players could at least make us into a program where we could eventually consistently draw the attention of good athletes that would allow us to be competitive year after year.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Okay, you have to know that every year there are players that come around that weren't those 5 and even 4 star players that scouting services designate, that evolve into fantastic players. There isn't anyway that some kids aren't appreciably better than the services think or maybe it's just that their development went more slowly but why can't we be amongst the programs that get a couple of these kids that make a massive difference and help turn this program into something special? We had the magic in the 80's when the two basketball programs got great coaches and a few good players and built on that to make our state renowned as the basketball capitol of the world as suggested by Jay Bilas a couple of years ago. It may be a more difficult chore in football but a couple of special players could at least make us into a program where we could eventually consistently draw the attention of good athletes that would allow us to be competitive year after year.

that is our best bet, finding "diamonds in the rough" ala Donald Brown. also attempting to compare success between football and basketball is futile at best. those are two very different animals. we are a stones throw from arguably the best bbal recruiting hot bed in the country and could not be further from it in regards to football.

Reaction Score
I want to hear we need a change in the culture. We need a better diet and the facilities are a mess. My first stop is Home Depot for some new paint and GNC for some supplements.

~ If I hear any of that crap someone shoot me!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just hold up a single finger indicating a one point PAT and repeat enough times so he doesn't have to say anything else.

I really don't care who he is or what he says. He just needs to win games and win this conference on a regular basis.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
"I won it all 10 years ago In the Bayou and intend to do it here at the air field." "I am your new coach, no more small time BS. My name is Miles. Les Miles."

Reaction Score
-Top priority is identifying and recruiting QBs capable of winning games and leading the offense.

-Maintain defensive excellence that is a tradition of the program.

-Score lots of touchdowns and make UConn Football fun again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom