They're everywhere! | The Boneyard

They're everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was watching the Lynx-Storm game the other night when my husband came into the room. He looked at the TV and saw Sue & Maya centered on the screen. Every time I watch a game, the screen seems dominated by Huskies. I mentioned all the UConn alums in the playoffs and he said something to the effect that "there's a reason half the Olympic team was from UConn".

The below pic was atop WNBA.com and Tina's was just two slides away. They're everywhere!

moore_bird_670_300.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was watching the Lynx-Storm game the other night when my husband came into the room. He looked at the TV and saw Sue & Maya centered on the screen. Every time I watch a game, the screen seems dominated by Huskies. I mentioned all the UConn alums in the playoffs and he said something to the effect that "there's a reason half the Olympic team was from UConn".

The below pic was atop WNBA.com and Tina's was just two slides away. They're everywhere!

moore_bird_670_300.jpg
Those two are among the greatest winners of all time. Maya rarely loses games. Sue wins championships and makes key baskets to win games--from halfcourt at halftime, a jumper in the lane at the buzzer, a three at the buzzer, or two threes in the second overtime.

ESPN.com has highlights from SportsCenter. In the Seattle game, it's Sue passing to Jackson for the game-tying three, then Sue passing to Tanisha for a key three, then Sue faking a pass and hitting a three of her own in the second OT. In the Sun game, they show Tina with her trophy, Tina hitting a putback in the lane, and Renee passing to Asjha, who passes to Tina for an easy bucket underneath. "UConn to UConn to UConn." Indeed!

Reaction Score
That is the #1 reason the best players come to CT and the rest go to other good schools........The quality of players in the Olympics and the WNBA finals speaks for itself.......GENO knows how to Coach winners!!.......

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

moore_bird_670_300.jpg

Interesting Stat>>>Last year, UConn players were the favorite in the top of the efficiency stats. Efficiency rankings from this year for the top 20 players, includes TN (4), UConn (2), LSU (2), and Maryland (2). Last year, UConn had 3, but I would still count Swin since she was #21 (close enough), so that makes 4 top performers.

I've also heard how some argue that efficiency is not a good statistic, but I don't think it's a coincidence that each year the players that fare the best in the MVP race are also in the top 5 of this statistical category.

Another interesting point >>Looking at the remaining playoff teams, 3 teams are led by UConn players, 3 teams led by TN players, and only 1 team that's not led by either.

If Indiana can get the win, it's looking alot like TN vs. UConn in both the eastern and western finals....well, sort of. LOL

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Love Maya and Sue, (and Svet) but I can not pick one to root over another. It a strange way, it would be like picking one daughter's team over another. Might lean toward Sue only because she may only have a couple of years left. She was obviously hurting the other night even though she was uber-clutch like always. But then Maya, is well, Maya. I would definitely like to see Maya shoot with a little more consistency and a little better shot selection. She was going high on the degree of difficulty meter the other night. On the East side, would def like to see CT over Atlanta. Pretty certain, barring injury, Phoenix will be in the semis minimum.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting Stat>>>Last year, UConn players were the favorite in the top of the efficiency stats. Efficiency rankings from this year for the top 20 players, includes TN (4), UConn (2), LSU (2), and Maryland (2). Last year, UConn had 3, but I would still count Swin since she was #21 (close enough), so that makes 4 top performers.

I've also heard how some argue that efficiency is not a good statistic, but I don't think it's a coincidence that each year the players that fare the best in the MVP race are also in the top 5 of this statistical category.

Another interesting point >>Looking at the remaining playoff teams, 3 teams are led by UConn players, 3 teams led by TN players, and only 1 team that's not led by either.

If Indiana can get the win, it's looking alot like TN vs. UConn in both the eastern and western finals....well, sort of. LOL
We like our players, current and former, no matter what their stats. You want to pick at nits, do it somewhere elsewhere.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I count 9 former Huskies on the 8 WNBA teams that made the playoffs (Bird, Sveta, Maya, Tina, Kalana, Renee, Jessica, Asjha and Tiffany). That's pretty amazing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

moore_bird_670_300.jpg
It looks like a game of Simon Says to me. :)

Or maybe Geno Says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits