They Want To Be A Part Of What’s Brewing | The Boneyard

They Want To Be A Part Of What’s Brewing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
>>The one thing I’ve constantly heard from the recruits coming and I’ve talked to all of them, is that they committed because they feel something special brewing at UConn not because they don’t have bigger or better offers or to secure a spot. The staff has sold these guys on what can be done here and what they can do and they’ve bought it and are buying it.<<

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-footb...ting-they-want-to-be-a-part-of-whats-brewing/

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Okouman hearing from LSU is nice to hear. Let's just hope he stays.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think this staff was assembled for many reasons and one of them was lots of recruiting experience. That means the ability to identify talent before others. Let's hope that this translates into closing the deal on each and every member of this class. The excitement is brewing and word is spreading. #HuskyUp

Reaction Score
Quite encouraging for sure. If you aren't pumped for this season and the future, you must not have a heart beat. Of course, Diaco and staff will be judged by their success on the field, but I think that success starts here with recruiting. Bring in the right kids, coach em up, beef em up and before too long you have a full roster of big, strong, competitive athletes that can make some noise and win some football games.

Reaction Score
Welcome back RICHARD.

Is Oregon Sate a 'larger offer'?
Is NCST a 'larger offer'?

Go troll the Chicago Bears forums Mrs. Pasqualoni.

Munster is a BC guy. Nothing says "lonely loser" more than some jerk trolling another team's message board. God what a loser.

Reaction Score
Welcome back RICHARD.

Is Oregon Sate a 'larger offer'?
Is NCST a 'larger offer'?

Go troll the Chicago Bears forums Mrs. Pasqualoni.

It took me this whole time I have been on this forum to realize why people use the name Richard. I forgot some things get censored.

Reaction Score
That's convenient except none of them have larger offers

We finally found a grounded BCU fan. Still a d i c k h e a d.

"Oregon State is probably not going to stop trying to pull Pettus-Dixon from the UConn grips, either. He committed this week and he was at practice today. N.C. State and Boston College also offered ‘ships to the defensive back from Baltimore"

Reaction Score
In case Oregon State or the ACC don't qualify, might this?

"... it’s clear these recruits want to be here and that includes Philippe Okounam who I understand was still hearing from LSU after his verbal commitment ... – but Okounam is solid."

Would the SEC or LSU qualify as larger?

In fairness, I prefer not to argue w/the troll as he is right - BC, NC State, Maryland, Cincy, Oregon State, RU, etc. are not larger offers.

Reaction Score
In case Oregon State or the ACC don't qualify, might this?

"... it’s clear these recruits want to be here and that includes Philippe Okounam who I understand was still hearing from LSU after his verbal commitment ... – but Okounam is solid."

Would the SEC or LSU qualify as larger?

In fairness, I prefer not to argue w/the troll as he is right - BC, NC State, Maryland, Cincy, Oregon State, RU, etc. are not larger offers.
Because Dez is always 100% right with his opinion. I'm pretty sure the coaches are not allowed to comment on specific recruits so we have only what Dez says. And his track record is not so great. That said, recruiting is ticking up for Uconn. Solid players.

No one is solid until the letter is in or if the kid is an early enrollee in January. First 5 weeks of this season are vital to recruiting this year. Need to show some positive signs to the recruits. And if LSU actually offers Okounam, and he sticks, that would be great and probably one of the best things that could happen for Diaco.

Reaction Score
Because Dez is always 100% right with his opinion. I'm pretty sure the coaches are not allowed to comment on specific recruits so we have only what Dez says. And his track record is not so great. That said, recruiting is ticking up for Uconn. Solid players.

No one is solid until the letter is in or if the kid is an early enrollee in January. First 5 weeks of this season are vital to recruiting this year. Need to show some positive signs to the recruits. And if LSU actually offers Okounam, and he sticks, that would be great and probably one of the best things that could happen for Diaco.

It would never get published that LSU offered unless he commits to them. They, LSU, would not want it out there that he was offered and he stuck with UCONN.

Reaction Score
It would never get published that LSU offered unless he commits to them. They, LSU, would not want it out there that he was offered and he stuck with UCONN.

.....and he will remain a 2 star as long as he is committed to Uconn. If he flips to LSU he will be an immediate 3 star with momentum toward 4.

Reaction Score
.....and he will remain a 2 star as long as he is committed to Uconn. If he flips to LSU he will be an immediate 3 star with momentum toward 4.

yup. you know how the recruiting sites and world works. All money driven. This is one of the main reasons I've chilled out on following these sites too closely. I've seen enough of that green political crap. I enjoy watching the highlight tapes of our recruits for myself and making my own judgments but I just don't by some of the ratings. Plus I've seen plenty of under-the-radar hidden talent that went unscouted and seen those players turn into pros so I can have hope for every commit we get. As long as I trust in HCBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom