They know whats comin and they cant stop her | The Boneyard

They know whats comin and they cant stop her

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Paige is alot like Diana was when D was at UConn. A younger team and Diana made plays and got everybody else involved. When needed Diana took over. When we needed a score Diana scored or set somebody up to score. She drew the attention and was able to elevate her game when needed. Paige does the same. We've seen it. Both are able to do what ever it takes. Tomorrow will be the Paige show. On national TV she will show the world why she is the best player in WCBB. Her efficiency is so precise and under pressure she is even better.

Im not worried about tomorrows game. I will sit back and enjoy it because I am very confident in what Paige can do. We've heard what Geno has said about her. We've seen it with our own eyes. Paige's performances are beyond description. She Makes It Happen.

You know we all were very disappointed when the injury bug hit us. We all thought of what might have been. Sometimes things happen for a reason. Look at UConn now. Look at what we've accomplished, how we've grown and where we are in this the most prestigious tournament in WCBB. UConn fans dont discount this team. Dont look at our weakness's. Be concerned about them and realize all teams have weakness's. The Biggest Difference is we've got a player who can overcome them. We've got Paige. She is a player who knows how to win. She can do it herself or she can get everybody else to do it or both. I cant wait for tomorrows game. On display will be a player who very quietly will take over the game. She will be on display and opponents know it, Geno knows it, her team mates know it, Duke knows it and nobody can stop her and thats the beauty of Paige.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
tonyc reminded me of 2003 (?) when uconn had to adjust to losing tamika, sue, asjha and swin (what a class), replaced with a crew of really inexperienced players -- except for dt.

specifically, it brought to mind the game vs. texas in the semifinal. that game really should have gone to texas. a victory for them seemed inevitable toward the game's end. texas had a fantastic team with legitimate stars who were playing great. uconn was hanging on, but texas clearly -- to me, at least -- had the upper hand. the 'experts' felt uconn had been playing over their heads all year. so, this was likely the end of the road for the upstart huskies.

but they had D and a promising freshman class, and d didn't believe in losing. as the games was winding down there was a crucial charging call as one of the texas stars was going in for a lay-up. it easily could have been a two-shot foul against uconn, but the refs were kind.

and one of the freshmen -- the least heralded, willnett crocket -- made a fantastic, hustle save of a ball bouncing out was bounds, giving uconn a key added possession.

those plays particularly altered the momentum, and d had not had a direct hand in either of them. however, she was the heart of the team, the force behind it. she gave her teammates faith in themselves.

uconn won that memorable, amazing game and went on to easily outplay the vols in the final.

the parallel to paige is remarkable. maybe, despite the doubts, this year she could bring a similar result.

Reaction Score
Im not worried about tomorrows game. I will sit back and enjoy it because I am very confident in what Paige can do. We've heard what Geno has said about her. We've seen it with our own eyes. Paige's performances are beyond description. She Makes It Happen.

You know we all were very disappointed when the injury bug hit us. We all thought of what might have been. Sometimes things happen for a reason. Look at UConn now. Look at what we've accomplished, how we've grown and where we are in this the most prestigious tournament in WCBB. UConn fans dont discount this team. Dont look at our weakness's. Be concerned about them and realize all teams have weakness's. The Biggest Difference is we've got a player who can overcome them. We've got Paige. She is a player who knows how to win. She can do it herself or she can get everybody else to do it or both. I cant wait for tomorrows game. On display will be a player who very quietly will take over the game. She will be on display and opponents know it, Geno knows it, her team mates know it, Duke knows it and nobody can stop her and thats the beauty of Paige.
I am.

Like you I'm super excited for tomorrow's game.

I suspect if my outlook is correct I will be riveted but will not enjoy the game as I'll be stressed out of my skull. The last 3 years exemplified by the last minute of our last game has made me really appreciate 2013 -16.

This is my last team dancing as ASU and Grand Canyon failed to make the postseason and NAU showed defense beats offense in their loss to South Dakota in the WNIT.

According to Massey Duke has #2 defense one slot ahead of UConn. Syracuse ranked 68.

Soooooooo..... Thinking about the last 2 minutes of the Huskies last game.

The Huskies struggle to score throughout the last 8 minutes of the game against the 68th ranked defense. Kara's squad will be even more difficult to score against.

In the post game radio show Aaliyah was chatting with Bob and Deb and indicated her nose was giving her significant issues... Her comment was she felt like she had 30 rebounds. I interpreted this as the physical toll of mixing it up in the paint given her facial injury was draining.

As we prepare for the number two defense according to Massey here's our scoring over the last 4 games

Cuze 68
LSOTP 86
Gtown 78
Mqtte 56

Duke defense last 4

tOSU 63
LSOTP 61
NCSU 54
lSOTP 58

Common opponent NCSU

Huskies held them to 92....... I know, I know it was back in November but........

So in my view points will be tough to come by. Thinking about a distressing tendency the team has had coming out after halftime as well as the fortunate end to the Syracuse game where the team failed to close I ended up picking Duke in the prognosticator thread.

Further thoughts

If Paige has to take 25 shots against the Blue Devils UConn is in ......

Is anyone else worried that Nika reverted to freshman year with three fouls over the space of 68 seconds with 6 minutes left in the game?

I hope I'm wrong but I think the sweet 16 exit will mirror last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paige is alot like Diana was when D was at UConn. A younger team and Diana made plays and got everybody else involved. When needed Diana took over. When we needed a score Diana scored or set somebody up to score. She drew the attention and was able to elevate her game when needed. Paige does the same. We've seen it. Both are able to do what ever it takes. Tomorrow will be the Paige show. On national TV she will show the world why she is the best player in WCBB. Her efficiency is so precise and under pressure she is even better.

Paige can be Taurasi-esque when she needs to be.

Reaction Score
Super concerned about Duke! I think Kara will likely have her team ready to play and am worried about Paige! She’s going imo to need a lot more help in this one! We need a lot more offense from Nika, KK, and the bench! Hopefully we can get 7-12 from Brady as well. Aaliyah could be the key in this one so here’s hoping she’s fired up and ready to go! I look for Kara to double and deny Paige tonight. Not sure she can stop Paige but I think that may be what we see. Paige has been a wrecking ball in every game in the postseason and it seems like someone, (likely Kara) will go all out to shut her down and make the rest of the team beat them! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
The UConn coaching staff is not chopped liver and I suspect they will have a game plan to cope with the Blue Devils. UConn also plays pretty good defense so points may be hard to come by for Duke as well. My chief concern is the disparity in free throw shooting percentage. If the game is tight at the end, Duke's better free throw shooting could be the difference between a UConn win or loss.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
they tried (desperately) to shut down D too. and that has been coaches' goal with paige all along.

of course, like D, if paige is 'on' it doesn't matter. so, there is hope. why not? remember: we have ... and they don't.

Reaction Score
I am.

Like you I'm super excited for tomorrow's game.

I suspect if my outlook is correct I will be riveted but will not enjoy the game as I'll be stressed out of my skull. The last 3 years exemplified by the last minute of our last game has made me really appreciate 2013 -16.

This is my last team dancing as ASU and Grand Canyon failed to make the postseason and NAU showed defense beats offense in their loss to South Dakota in the WNIT.

According to Massey Duke has #2 defense one slot ahead of UConn. Syracuse ranked 68.

Soooooooo..... Thinking about the last 2 minutes of the Huskies last game.

The Huskies struggle to score throughout the last 8 minutes of the game against the 68th ranked defense. Kara's squad will be even more difficult to score against.

In the post game radio show Aaliyah was chatting with Bob and Deb and indicated her nose was giving her significant issues... Her comment was she felt like she had 30 rebounds. I interpreted this as the physical toll of mixing it up in the paint given her facial injury was draining.

As we prepare for the number two defense according to Massey here's our scoring over the last 4 games

Cuze 68
LSOTP 86
Gtown 78
Mqtte 56

Duke defense last 4

tOSU 63
LSOTP 61
NCSU 54
lSOTP 58

Common opponent NCSU

Huskies held them to 92....... I know, I know it was back in November but........

So in my view points will be tough to come by. Thinking about a distressing tendency the team has had coming out after halftime as well as the fortunate end to the Syracuse game where the team failed to close I ended up picking Duke in the prognosticator thread.

Further thoughts

If Paige has to take 25 shots against the Blue Devils UConn is in ......

Is anyone else worried that Nika reverted to freshman year with three fouls over the space of 68 seconds with 6 minutes left in the game?

I hope I'm wrong but I think the sweet 16 exit will mirror last year.
At this point in the tournament, every opponent is talented and tough to beat.........Duke is known for their defense so I'd expect a slower pace and lower score.......no player even Paige can totally control a game if she is being double teamed.........it's up to the open shooters who she will undoubtedly find to make their shots.....,,,,,if they don't there's only so much Paige can do......

Reaction Score
Only Paige, Aaliyah, and Shade are reliable scorers, so that makes defending easier...force KK and Nika to beat you.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Paige can be Taurasi-esque when she needs to be.
At least Dawn Staley would agree: "Paige is probably the elitist basketball player to ever grace our game"

Reaction Score
no player even Paige can totally control a game if she is being double teamed
I read your remark this way:

I hope they double even triple team Paige, so she can tear them up with passes to Aaliyah Ash KK Nika Ice Q.

Getting opposing teams to double and triple team her is how Paige wins games. If they have a defender who can shutdown Paige one-on-one, then we're in trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom