"They Can Resent Me All They Want... But" | The Boneyard

"They Can Resent Me All They Want... But"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whew. What do you really think? Don't worry, we love and respect you and are so glad you chose the path you did.:D

Reaction Score
Whew. What do you really think? Don't worry, we love and respect you and are so glad you chose the path you did.:D
Remember, Geno didn't choose the path. The path chose him. This sort of thing is common in Russia.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A bit of semantics I guess. The path opened up and he chose to follow the path. :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Everything he said was spot on. For as much as Pat Summit took WCBB (and she took it far), the levels it has attained was due to Geno and her initially and then the UConn success. Proximity to ESPN absolutely was key. His "genius" would have been exhibited anywhere (provided CD was with him) but whether the sport would have grown the way it has as fast is open for debate.

Reaction Score
Everything he said was spot on. For as much as Pat Summit took WCBB (and she took it far), the levels it has attained was due to Geno and her initially and then the UConn success. Proximity to ESPN absolutely was key. His "genius" would have been exhibited anywhere (provided CD was with him) but whether the sport would have grown the way it has as fast is open for debate.
Geno and UConn are absolutely the reason TV took an interest in the sport. While Pat was doing great things for more than a decade, the sport languished in anonymity. It took UConn's rise to make the sport palatable for television.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom