There's something about Ville that refs really don't like calling fouls on them.... | The Boneyard

There's something about Ville that refs really don't like calling fouls on them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven't seen that at all. Easily saw fouls on Van Treese, Hancock, and Rozier that should've been called.

Reaction Score
You notice that a majority of the turnovers are created by LV overplaying on D (with the risk of fouling) and then "hounding" (again with the risk of fouling) from behind. I notice they use the wrong hand to do this from behind (right hand coming across the left side of the offensive player and vice versa), which to me causes contact and should be a foul. But they are not calling them on it.

Reaction Score
On that play in particular, the contact on Hancock was no where as severe as the contact Van Treese made earlier in the game that should've been an And 1.

Reaction Score
St Louis looks awful, and they start 4 seniors, they look like a bunch of freshman. Louisville is sleepwalking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the ugliest basketball game I've ever seen

L'villes unstoppable offense against us has been extremely average so far in the tournament (closer to ugly than average)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
L'ville starting to find their groove. SLU is just not a very good offensive team. Defensively, though, they were terrific the first 10 minutes...

Reaction Score
UL gets away with a ton of contact that should be fouls. They are just better than St. Louis offensively. St. Louis is just offensive.

Reaction Score
Ville gave tons of open looks from all over the court today, but St. Louis just could not hit a shot.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
UL gets away with a ton of contact that should be fouls.
They've used the "foul so many times on every play they cannot call all of them" strategy since the late '90's. I've gotten used to it at this point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
kobe said:
They've used the "foul so many times on every play they cannot call all of them" strategy since the late '90's. I've gotten used to it at this point.

Made famous by Cleveland State against Indiana years ago. When an underdog does it to try to knock off a Goliath, that's one thing. Louisville using that punk strategy? Give me the the striped shirt and I'll foul out three starters by early second half.

Reaction Score
When Louisville entered the Big East, we found it was completely kosher to throw our players around like rag dolls to no calls. Your proud university and conference are 100% responsible for UofL adapting to the rougher game. I always find it ironic when I see in here how you guys buy into that perception. In the first place, there in nothing dirty about it - it is a style. The 2005 Final Four team with Garcia, Dean and a 6'7" center out of CUSA could hardly be called a "typical physical team".

What was ugly about the St Loo game was the same thing that was ugly about the Manhatten game - they also play a roughneck style of defense, with plenty of hands, elbows, teeth, feet and privates guarding their mens.

All I care about is surviving and we did just that. Tell me, watching the Oregon/Wisky game, do you think somehow these two offensive juggernauts would run either you or us out of the building? I'm not sure I have seen any physical contact in that game in long minutes.

Winning ugly is sometimes required. Hopefully, we've got the ugly ones over with. I didn't recognize our team for a while there - yes, it was that bad. I am agreeing, see?

Btw, win, guys. I picked you.

pj

Reaction Score
It's a style but it's an ugly style. It rewards physical conditioning over skill. If I wanted to watch a bodybuilding contest I wouldn't be a basketball fan.

Reaction Score
When Louisville entered the Big East, we found it was completely kosher to throw our players around like rag dolls to no calls. Your proud university and conference are 100% responsible for UofL adapting to the rougher game. I always find it ironic when I see in here how you guys buy into that perception. In the first place, there in nothing dirty about it - it is a style. The 2005 Final Four team with Garcia, Dean and a 6'7" center out of CUSA could hardly be called a "typical physical team".

What was ugly about the St Loo game was the same thing that was ugly about the Manhatten game - they also play a roughneck style of defense, with plenty of hands, elbows, teeth, feet and privates guarding their mens.

All I care about is surviving and we did just that. Tell me, watching the Oregon/Wisky game, do you think somehow these two offensive juggernauts would run either you or us out of the building? I'm not sure I have seen any physical contact in that game in long minutes.

Winning ugly is sometimes required. Hopefully, we've got the ugly ones over with. I didn't recognize our team for a while there - yes, it was that bad. I am agreeing, see?

Btw, win, guys. I picked you.
Playing Louisville 3 times, though we lost, probably has made us tougher. So thanks, I think. What won't kill ya makes you better, I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom