There's no one here | The Boneyard

There's no one here

C

Chief00

I admit - I wasn't - Just watched highlights on TV and I see all the empty seats - I will in part judge Benedict on if this happens again next year - this needs to be fixed - going up against big NFL games - we don't have that margin of error regarding attendance.

Reaction Score
I admit - I wasn't - Just watched highlights on TV and I see all the empty seats - I will in part judge Benedict on if this happens again next year - this needs to be fixed - going up against big NFL games - we don't have that margin of error regarding attendance.

the entire year has been iffy with dates and times. Weekday afternoon games, two games beginning at 9pm, games beginning at 4pm and 6pm on Sunday. There's probably others, that's off the top of my head.

C

Chief00

the entire year has been iffy with dates and times. Weekday afternoon games, two games beginning at 9pm, games beginning at 4pm and 6pm on Sunday. There's probably others, that's off the top of my head.
Totally agree - the guy doing the schedule either needs more guidance or should be removed.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Totally agree - the guy doing the schedule either needs more guidance or should be removed.
Or has his hands tied as to what time slots are available to us after several other conferences take precedence in their scheduling slots.

Reaction Score
I watched my two favorite NFL teams win today to set up my dream Super Bowl. I'm happy. I watched the replay of the UCONN basketball game and it was a great game down to 6 men as they gutted it out. I totally was wrapped up in the football games I forgot about the UCONN game. I guess this season has been one of those. LOL!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You people are totally missing it. Another kids basketball halftime show. They should do musical chairs kids basketball.

Too many TOs. They played like a rec league. The kid with freckles should never be allowed to play basketball again!

Reaction Score
Everyone has their favorite thing to watch or be at. If the Giants were still playing I would have taped both and switched back and forth. But since the Pats were playing, I said no to my buddies who I knew would be watching PATS ONLY at their party so I could watch the Huskies and tune in on the Pats during breaks. Nothing changes here, ECU or SMU or Cincy I want to see who's getting better and what we will have next year to change this thing around. Football without the Giants is just rooting for the teams who are playing the teams I dislike, who cares. I played 18 at Portland GC at 10am and during the round still looked forward to the fact I had a Husky game to look forward to, not championship weekend. Heck the Pack and Steelers pulled no-shows anyway terrible games. Watched the Huskies and golf quite honestly.

Reaction Score
Or has his hands tied as to what time slots are available to us after several other conferences take precedence in their scheduling slots.

If they (UConn) wanted to, could they just say they don't care if they're on tv for certain games in horrendous time slots, or are they contractually obligated to the conference to play only when they're told to play? Let's be honest, some of these media outlets we're playing on are as Godawful as the time slots - it's a case of why bother?

Reaction Score
Lets be honest. More people than I expected. Proof of life? @August_West? lol

Screenshot_2017-01-23-09-10-55.png

Reaction Score
You know the building is empty when you can hear the Civic Center white noise hmmm when guys are taking foul shots.

On TV the public announcements were loud and clear with echoes, that's a telling tale.

Reaction Score
You know the building is empty when you can hear the Civic Center white noise hmmm when guys are taking foul shots.
I could clearly hear the players and coaches yelling and I'm in the lower 200s.

Reaction Score
Seriously, I looked over there and was like.. jeez that's all the students we could get? I know it's Pats country up that way, but when I was there I would have rather gone to a basketball game than watch the football games. I had a feeling both football games were going to be blowouts anyways.

Reaction Score
When the band outnumbers the students! But the crowd was more lively than the last Sunday dinner game!

Reaction Score
did you take a picture of the 20 students across the way in the deserted student section?

Lol. I was struggling not to get the background in photos on my phone. Ive had seats at the civic center for many years. This year's schedule has been brutal.

Screenshot_2017-01-23-10-07-51.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Horrible scheduling. A regular season game against a poor team against the Patriots in the AFC championship game vs. Pittsburgh. Pretty easy call on what to watch for me as a Patriots fan.

But overall I think it highlights the extent to which this program is on thin ice. We won't survive too many more seasons like this. If by some miracle they can win the AAC tournament that would buy some time. Ollie had better have next year's team in the top 25 all year. We need our name scrolling on the bottom of the ESPN screen. It's critical for us now in this league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom