The worst part about this game.... | The Boneyard

The worst part about this game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing that happened surprised me in the least.

Our inability to put the ball in the end zone, our defensive mistakes, our play calling, etc.

I mean did any of it surprise you....or did you sit there and think to yourself....yep....that's Uconn football.

That crap we saw today.....that is now what we expect. Quite frankly...when we win...it's a friggin major surprise that we didn't screw it up somehow.

How does this reality....this identity we have as a football team change? I have no idea. It's been so so very long since we've put a viable product on the damn field.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately you're right - this is what UConn football is now. Nothing surprising about how this went down.

Lots of good energy in the stadium the 1st half. Team was playing well and built a 9 point lead. But that TD we gave up just before that half was an absolute killer. UCF promptly takes the 2nd half kickoff and scores again. Boom. Lead gone just like that, and we never score again. Way too many failures to find the end zone when we had our chances. Depressing afternoon. And the weather made it feel all the worse.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Their QB looked like he was shot-putting a bowl of yogurt all game. Throwing ducks against his body into the wind and running slower than most of his OL and he looked like Cam Newton against us.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After getting a 13-0 lead totally outplayed and out coached by a 1st yr coach with a freshman QB.

At home in cold, windy, dreary weather.

Through the air.

And the ground.

And a 50-yard FG.

Reaction Score
After getting a 13-0 lead totally outplayed and out coached by a 1st yr coach with a freshman QB.
It sounds so much worse when said this way...but true

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Their QB looked like he was shot-putting a bowl of yogurt all game. Throwing ducks against his body into the wind and running slower than most of his OL and he looked like Cam Newton against us.
One pass he had on a crucial 3rd down ... I think onthe drive where they scored just before half... he threw the damn thing underhanded about 100 ft in the air. I think honestly he was trying to throw it away and the wind brought it back right to his receiver. Frustrating to watch from our POV but they have a lot to look forward to.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Best part of the game... the alumni cheerleaders. Usually it's the class of 1975 out there but today it looked like the class of 2015 and they were glorious.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
But he could have set up a tent and cooked a four course dinner in the pocket. He had all day back there.
He actually did. Our group enjoyed minestrone soup, an asparagus souffle,.and beef wellington during one play , and had cocktails with the QB twice while his passes were fluttering in the wind...and then caught by receivers who made phone calls home waiting for the ball to arrive.

Reaction Score
One pass he had on a crucial 3rd down ... I think onthe drive where they scored just before half... he threw the damn thing underhanded about 100 ft in the air. I think honestly he was trying to throw it away and the wind brought it back right to his receiver. Frustrating to watch from our POV but they have a lot to look forward to.

Thought I was seeing things on that play but you're right. Unreal.

Reaction Score
My wife texted me that their QB has enough time to make a sandwich back there

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It was the drive that started the third quarter where he did it. They ended up scoring the go ahead TD. I yelled so loud at the tv my wife was wondering what was wrong. Then she saw the UConn game was on and asked if I was really surprised they let that happen.....I just looked at her and said, "nope". Kind of sums up this year

Reaction Score
Worst part...hmmm. Wasting money on tickets and sitting in the rain. Being able to predict pretty much every play. Watch a sidearm QB eat our "defense" alive. Something has to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom