"The Wind" Working On Her Fake and Step-Back J | The Boneyard

"The Wind" Working On Her Fake and Step-Back J

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I see Moriah as less of change of direction kid, like Kemba, and more of a sheer speed kid. It's not even that people struggle to keep up, it's that they struggle to react. It seems like ball isn't through the net and sprinting back to get on defensive. Just impressive. Now that she's added a three point shot to her repetoire she's very difficult to guard.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Maya has (had) a move like that too.
See Stanford Christmas in Connecticut on You Tube

Reaction Score
Player of the Year will be between Stewart and Jefferson!Moriah POY and Stewie MOP in FF!

Reaction Score
Player of the Year will be between Stewart and Jefferson!Moriah POY and Stewie MOP in FF!

Reaction Score
:)Player of the Year will be between Stewart and Jefferson!Moriah POY and Stewie MOP in FF!

Reaction Score
Sorry tried to delete 2 of those!I owe 10 suicides LOL!

Reaction Score
Moriah is 5'7" and 125 lbs. of pure joy if you are a teammate or fan--and pure terror if you are an opponent. :)
If "The Wind" perfects that step back J, it's all over. No. 11 is a cinch.

Reaction Score
- Moriah was an absolute joy to watch all year long, and for me she was THE most exciting player in the country, bar none, but the South Carolina game was truly special! Flying over the sideline table on defense late in the game when the outcome was no longer in doubt (prompting an appreciative Geno to run down the sideline applauding her incredible effort); the outrageous foul line stutter move to the hoop that had Tina Roy looking statuesque; the driving, left-handed layup over an all-out 6'4" Alaina Coates; and what I felt was Moriah's signature, highlight play of the year- when she ripped the rebound away from Coates in a crowd under the defensive basket and literally dusted everyone as she FLEW 94 feet for the layup, leaving SC defenders helplessly chasing in her wake.

- All this in perhaps the most critical regular season game, to demonstrate who was the real #1 team in the country.
- More than any of the big time awards Stewie deservedly received (except the Championship MOP), I was happiest when Moriah received the Nancy Lieberman Award and was named a WBCA All-America while in Tampa, which meant this amazing little warrior would forever be a Husky of Honor. There may be Huskies with more talent than Moriah, but I doubt there will ever be one with more heart and desire ( sorry DT).

- Moriah's game is simply breathtaking.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
- Moriah was an absolute joy to watch all year long, and for me she was THE most exciting player in the country, bar none, but the South Carolina game was truly special! Flying over the sideline table on defense late in the game when the outcome was no longer in doubt (prompting an appreciative Geno to run down the sideline applauding her incredible effort); the outrageous foul line stutter move to the hoop that had Tina Roy looking statuesque; the driving, left-handed layup over an all-out 6'4" Alaina Coates; and what I felt was Moriah's signature, highlight play of the year- when she ripped the rebound away from Coates in a crowd under the defensive basket and literally dusted everyone as she FLEW 94 feet for the layup, leaving SC defenders helplessly chasing in her wake.

- All this in perhaps the most critical regular season game, to demonstrate who was the real #1 team in the country.
- More than any of the big time awards Stewie deservedly received (except the Championship MOP), I was happiest when Moriah received the Nancy Lieberman Award and was named a WBCA All-America while in Tampa, which meant this amazing little warrior would forever be a Husky of Honor. There may be Huskies with more talent than Moriah, but I doubt there will ever be one with more heart and desire ( sorry DT).

- Moriah's game is simply breathtaking.

I like all of the girls on our team, but Moriah is my favorite. She became my favorite during the Baylor game two years ago. I completely agree with your choice of Moriah's highlight of the game. That play illustrates her speed and desire, as she out ran EVERYONE to the other end of the court.......all this while dribbling the ball. She's going to be a nightmare for UConn's opponents this upcoming season. Her game continues to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom