The Warriors | The Boneyard

The Warriors

Reaction Score
watched that old 70s gang film last night - it's actually still a pretty good film. A bit hokey, but a fun way to spend an hour and a half.

Warriors....come out and plaaaayyyy. clink, clink, clink Warriors....come out and plaaaayyyy.

Reaction Score
I should add that the opening credits are definitely worth a look - extremely well done, even if the film itself is hokey.

Reaction Score
Good movie. Semi holds up.

But gotta admitted John....bit distracted by the avatar photo of what I assume is your or someones taint...kind of kills the message. :)

Reaction Score
Good movie. Semi holds up.

But gotta admitted John....bit distracted by the avatar photo of what I assume is your or someones taint...kind of kills the message. :)

I've been reading up on it, it's supposed to be set in a NYC of a "not too distant future". The city was such a disaster area in the 1970s that a total gang takeover wasn't considered that outlandish of a plot. Not sure I'm keeping the avatar, been trying out different ones - it 'taint my taint.

Reaction Score
The Warriors is a classic, came out the same year as another NYC gang classic The Wanderers.

Reaction Score
James Remar, David Patrick Kelly and Sidney Poitier's daughter (name?) - I liked that flick

Reaction Score
I'll find The Warriors occasionally while channel surfing, and then I'll view another chunk of it. Yes, a bit hokey, but it is certainly more than watchable. I recall it was a target of some controversy back when it came out.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Always thought it was a cool flick. Haven't seen it in years though.

Reaction Score
The Warriors are having a cast reunion at Coney Island this coming weekend.
LINK
They've been trying to remake it for years supposedly it will happen in 2017.

@superjohn, Great call on The Wanderers, another cult classic and great movie. "The baldies are a bunch of pr1cks with ears" .... "Nobody effs with the Baldies!"
The baldies, the wongs, and of course the ducky boys. Great brawl at the end.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll find The Warriors occasionally while channel surfing, and then I'll view another chunk of it. Yes, a bit hokey, but it is certainly more than watchable. I recall it was a target of some controversy back when it came out.

from http://www.filmsite.org/controversialfilms12.html

summary.jpg
Worried that Walter Hill's stylized depiction of warring gangs might incite real violence, Paramount Pictures temporarily pulled it from several theaters.

the film's original poster, which stated the film's tagline: "These are the armies of the night" and this additional phrase: "They are 100,000 strong. They outnumber the cops five to one. They could run New York City," outraged and scared many people - and some of the film's early showings incited lethal violence (in Palm Springs and Oxnard, California) and caused gang outbreaks.

Due to these reports of criminal violence in a few locations, the film was temporarily pulled out of circulation in over half a dozen theaters by its nervous Paramount Studios despite being a box office success. One theater in Washington hired full time security until the end of the film's run. Paramount also attempted to modify the film's advertising campaign by pulling its print and TV advertising, but then was compelled to remove the film from release entirely. The film later gained a cult following when the cable TV and the VCR revolution occurred, and through midnight showings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom