The Walking Dead - Season 7 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Reaction Score
For f sakes, there's a slight difference between veterans not wanting to talk with their wives and grandchildren about the horrors of war vs debriefing with superior officers after battle (which they did). This humongous difference is only exacerbated when applied to TV characters. The mountain of assumptions necessary to watch this show make it taxing to remember all of the suspended disbelief system. And for the faithful a lot of this is via showrunner or post-show not actual show. I.e. Kirkman says there's no cure and no happy ending, so his show's characters never bother to look for an oasis and no Dr or character ever discusses or attempts to find a cure. As if once Eugene faked them out they all concluded 'heck, if chicken genius mullet doesn't have an answer there is none'.

Also Oceanside ought to swim & boat out to an actual island, would make them Australia in terms of hiding from or facing the rest of the nitwits. These folks have nothing but time, but no one has built anything but walls and huts, they're dumber than cavemen. I know, on an island they're cutoff suspended disbelief rationale yada and decimated if invaded yada yada. No, no no. No one is on an island because zombies swimming is somehow unrealistic!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
... No one is on an island because zombies swimming is somehow unrealistic!
Unless you fear the walking dead and have a boat on the Pacific.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
For f sakes, there's a slight difference between veterans not wanting to talk with their wives and grandchildren about the horrors of war vs debriefing with superior officers after battle (which they did). This humongous difference is only exacerbated when applied to TV characters.
Well yea, but I was just making the comparison of people who go through horrible things, not really wanting to talk about them. You know suppressing them way down deep. They don't have superior officers to debrief them, they have friends and family to deal with. So really it is kind of like veterans.

And for the faithful a lot of this is via showrunner or post-show not actual show. I.e. Kirkman says there's no cure and no happy ending, so his show's characters never bother to look for an oasis and no Dr or character ever discusses or attempts to find a cure. As if once Eugene faked them out they all concluded 'heck, if chicken genius mullet doesn't have an answer there is none'.
Well yea, this isn't about the zombie apocalypse. Surprised people haven't figured it that out yet. It's about people living in an apocalypse. Just happens zombies were the cause of it. Remember, "The Walking Dead" isn't referring to the zombies.

Also Oceanside ought to swim & boat out to an actual island, would make them Australia in terms of hiding from or facing the rest of the nitwits. These folks have nothing but time, but no one has built anything but walls and huts, they're dumber than cavemen. I know, on an island they're cutoff suspended disbelief rationale yada and decimated if invaded yada yada. No, no no. No one is on an island because zombies swimming is somehow unrealistic!
Hmmm, well there's always Gilligan's Island for you then. Maybe you'd find that more realistic. ;)

An island would probably be a decent idea, other than supplies. But for a show 1) it's already been done (Lost) and 2) to get any interaction, you'd have to leave the island all the time. (I suppose you could have WrongWay Feldman crash land on the island :D)

latest

Reaction Score
The catch-22 will always be believing zombies trumps the illogical, improbable & nonsensical. Meyers is an admirable and supportive fan that doesn't know he is trapped in a toxic relationship that is built on these zombie lies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Personally, I'd sail to Hawaii. Plenty of fresh fruit year round. Fish galore. The Zombie population is effectively limited. You can live on the side of the volcano. Those zombies aren't worth much heading uphill. Nice views too. Recreational surfing and diving. Great weather.

Where's the downside?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Personally, I'd sail to Hawaii. Plenty of fresh fruit year round. Fish galore. The Zombie population is effectively limited. You can live on the side of the volcano. Those zombies aren't worth much heading uphill. Nice views too. Recreational surfing and diving. Great weather.

Where's the downside?

I'd live in Brooklyn - probably Park Slope.

Hipster zombies there will be softer than veal calves and I could build a Scandinavian fortress out of scavenged IKEA stuff.

Reaction Score
Jeffery Dean Morgan told Howard Stern that this episode was going to be great. He lied.

Reaction Score
They tried this time. Even trying to add layers to the big bad wolf but they are incapable of a villain that isn't one-dimensional. This was the batman 'same bat time..' episode where the bad guy seems to contemplate straight out killing the good guy, with Carl's hair and Negan himself occasionally chanelling Scott Evil.

My favorite part was when Kirkman's Mommy made him have the bad guy gang cheer for vegetables.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pretty good episode. Really, really liking the Negan character. I know, I know, most people hate the character (and the actor for the portrayal). But I just find him very interesting. I just love to see physiological manipulation, whether done by good or bad. I really liked the Gareth character too.

Yea of course I would want to see someone eventually take him out, wipe the sneer off his face. But to me, it's always cool to see someone with the sneer that can actually back it up. And he's gonna be around for a long time.

I read a review that said they hope he is taken out in the mid-season finale. LOL. He's gonna be around for at least season's 7 and 8, and possibly even longer is my guess.

Reaction Score
Pretty good episode. Really, really liking the Negan character. I know, I know, most people hate the character (and the actor for the portrayal). But I just find him very interesting. I just love to see physiological manipulation, whether done by good or bad. I really liked the Gareth character too.

Yea of course I would want to see someone eventually take him out, wipe the sneer off his face. But to me, it's always cool to see someone with the sneer that can actually back it up. And he's gonna be around for a long time.

I read a review that said they hope he is taken out in the mid-season finale. LOL. He's gonna be around for at least season's 7 and 8, and possibly even longer is my guess.
It was a good episode other than Carl's hair (albeit used artfully to mask his acting). Negan did speak WITHOUT shouting EVERY other WORD. Negan was fine, better.
I liked the juxtaposition of comic book nerd fears via Eugene getting called out (the "I prefer to return to awkward silence line" was truly great, that's where these guys are writing from experience) and the comic book fantasy of people kneeling before an omnipotent sex obsessed leader who has a harem of assorted women all dressed in black evening attire.

Your faith in future seasons is adorable ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was a good episode other than Carl's hair (albeit used artfully to mask his acting).
Comics
b3593627eff431ce40e328f7d991f1da.jpg

Your faith in future seasons is adorable ;)
Well I did say "possibly". :rolleyes:

We know they are in for at least the rest of this season (7) and next (8). After that, who knows? Ratings are still good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Overall, I liked the episode. I truly laughed at the ball busting Negan gave to Carl about how gross his eye was. Hysterical. And the weight referencing to Olivia when she said they were starving. Solid!

Carl had the gun on Negan and f'in' froze. Just bad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was a pretty good episode.

Negan toned down the alt-Fonzie act a bit.

1) You knew the episode was coming where he would be bouncing the baby on his lap. That sets up next week when we get slobbering Rick maniacally staring into the middle distance again while scenes are chewed without mercy.

2) This story line doesn't have two seasons in it. That doesn't mean it won't go two seasons, though. That is a problem with the sixteen episode seasons...there ain't enough stuff and you end up with nonsense like last week.

3) It's now necessary to completely forgive/ignore nonsensical acts by major characters. You want to hide in the back of a truck on the off chance that the guy you want to shoot will be the first to walk up to it? Fine. You want to hunt the bad guy with a single bullet? Sure. You want to try to assassinate him with a sword? That'll work - maybe they will send a SWF out in an SUV for you to conveniently kidnap?

4) You can take over Negan's whole operation if you promise veggies for two days and throw in an offer of pudding. They'll kill him for you.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It was a pretty good episode.

Negan toned down the alt-Fonzie act a bit.

1) You knew the episode was coming where he would be bouncing the baby on his lap. That sets up next week when we get slobbering Rick maniacally staring into the middle distance again while scenes are chewed without mercy.

2) This story line doesn't have two seasons in it. That doesn't mean it won't go two seasons, though. That is a problem with the sixteen episode seasons...there ain't enough stuff and you end up with nonsense like last week.

3) It's now necessary to completely forgive/ignore nonsensical acts by major characters. You want to hide in the back of a truck on the off chance that the guy you want to shoot will be the first to walk up to it? Fine. You want to hunt the bad guy with a single bullet? Sure. You want to try to assassinate him with a sword? That'll work - maybe they will send a SWF out in an SUV for you to conveniently kidnap?

4) You can take over Negan's whole operation if you promise veggies for two days and throw in an offer of pudding. They'll kill him for you.

The ultimate failing of the Negan character is that he clearly relishes the total senselessness of his following. He'll burn a guy's face with an iron for sleeping with his own wife (that Negan has now claimed) and make the last guy he burned for the same reason hand him the iron. He doesn't inspire anyone and there's no reason anyone should fear him, except that he clearly has no limits. So Carl, who also has few limits...becomes the mini Negan.

I don't get it. Why wouldn't Dwight just kill him. He could do it any time and take his wife back. Nobody among the Saviors actually likes Negan. Why would they? Any "leader" who rules by fear needs an inner circle of truly devoted people, or else he can indeed just be eliminated with a bullet. Negan doesn't have it. He's alone.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He doesn't inspire anyone and there's no reason anyone should fear him, except that he clearly has no limits.

I don't get it. Why wouldn't Dwight just kill him. He could do it any time and take his wife back. Nobody among the Saviors actually likes Negan. Why would they? Any "leader" who rules by fear needs an inner circle of truly devoted people, or else he can indeed just be eliminated with a bullet. Negan doesn't have it. He's alone.

Anyone know if it's the same in the comics? I mean, he gives his circle of guys goodies (chicks/booze/food/power?) and all, but is that enough for one to not pop a cap in his arse? I don't think so.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anyone know if it's the same in the comics? I mean, he gives his circle of guys goodies (chicks/booze/food/power?) and all, but is that enough for one to not pop a cap in his arse? I don't think so.

When they do something worthy he lets one of his guys have a girl not in his harem....yet his harem is made of of his guys' wives and girlfriends and they can't touch those girls. I don't think so. That arrangement wouldn't last a day.

Reaction Score
When they do something worthy he lets one of his guys have a girl not in his harem....yet his harem is made of of his guys' wives and girlfriends and they can't touch those girls. I don't think so. That arrangement wouldn't last a day.
As soon as there's a 2nd guy walking around with an ironed face you either kill him or iron your own damn face once cuckolded. I assume standard answer to inexplicable Q's; 'why no inner circle of body guards?' = b/c comics.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The ultimate failing of the Negan character is that he clearly relishes the total senselessness of his following. He'll burn a guy's face with an iron for sleeping with his own wife (that Negan has now claimed) and make the last guy he burned for the same reason hand him the iron. He doesn't inspire anyone and there's no reason anyone should fear him, except that he clearly has no limits. So Carl, who also has few limits...becomes the mini Negan.

As soon as there's a 2nd guy walking around with an ironed face you either kill him or iron your own damn face once cuckolded. I assume standard answer to inexplicable Q's; 'why no inner circle of body guards?' = b/c comics.
Don't really know. I mean in my head, eventually somebody would just say "F#$% it" and pop him in the head. Without thinking of the consequences. e.g. who takes over, will I immediately get killed by someone else who wants to take over, will my wife, friends, etc. get killed.

But, a couple ideas, which may or may not hold any water. One thing that comes to mind was his comment about Daryl. He said Daryl would make a good soldier, but first he has to break him (physically, psychologically, emotionally, etc.). So taking that into account, one would probably assume, most of the people working for him have been "broken" and bought into the "We are Negan" thing. So they aren't likely to mess up what they know, the life they have, without really being pushed to it. Possibly anyway.

Second, they have probably seen people, or maybe just heard of people (which could just be part of the fear factor) who have tried to get rid of Negan and failed. And the aftermath of such. (assuming they and their whole family were butchered - possibly out in the Walker yard?? as a reminder??)

Third, there may be some of that Stockholm Syndrome stuff?? You know where people who have been in hostage situations for years and when given the chance to escape, don't?? I don't understand it, but it happens.

And lastly, maybe some of these people probably figure it's better put up with Negan's than live out on the road and deal with all that. Right now they don't have to worry about food, or where to sleep, or walkers. Their family is safe. For some that may be better?? People work in sh!tty jobs with sh!tty managers for years, because it puts food on the table and supports their family. Granted Negan is pretty far beyond that, but so is the outside world.

IDK, just a couple ideas. ???

Fire away.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't really know. I mean in my head, eventually somebody would just say "F#$% it" and pop him in the head. Without thinking of the consequences. e.g. who takes over, will I immediately get killed by someone else who wants to take over, will my wife, friends, etc. get killed.

But, a couple ideas, which may or may not hold any water. One thing that comes to mind was his comment about Daryl. He said Daryl would make a good soldier, but first he has to break him (physically, psychologically, emotionally, etc.). So taking that into account, one would probably assume, most of the people working for him have been "broken" and bought into the "We are Negan" thing. So they aren't likely to mess up what they know, the life they have, without really being pushed to it. Possibly anyway.

Second, they have probably seen people, or maybe just heard of people (which could just be part of the fear factor) who have tried to get rid of Negan and failed. And the aftermath of such. (assuming they and their whole family were butchered - possibly out in the Walker yard?? as a reminder??)

Third, there may be some of that Stockholm Syndrome stuff?? You know where people who have been in hostage situations for years and when given the chance to escape, don't?? I don't understand it, but it happens.

And lastly, maybe some of these people probably figure it's better put up with Negan's than live out on the road and deal with all that. Right now they don't have to worry about food, or where to sleep, or walkers. Their family is safe. For some that may be better?? People work in sh!tty jobs with sh!tty managers for years, because it puts food on the table and supports their family. Granted Negan is pretty far beyond that, but so is the outside world.

IDK, just a couple ideas. ???

Fire away.

Normally, I chuckle at your excuse-making for some of the show idiocy, but this is a pretty well thought out reply. I still think at least one guy would snap after a while. especially one burnt in the face. But all those things are probably factors at play here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom