The Walking Dead - Season 7 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead - Season 7

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nooooooo.

He's out front of a gate with about two dozen men.

You have at least that many...plus, you are behind a gate. And you have an armory. And a rocket launcher.

You shoot the boss man. Then you start shooting the minions. Daryl can run for it - they're not going to worry about him in the chaos.

The remaining minions back at minion central will not do anything. ("We're all Negan!" "Negan's dead." "Welp, we had a good run.")

But again, that is logic in a world where we've agreed to suspend logic.
Yesssssssss. :rolleyes:

They don't even now Daryl is with them at this point. ????? You and logic (even in this fantasy world) really don't go together.

24 men, which is about a dozen more fighters than Alexandria has at the moment.

Again Head bang, it's pretty simple. Kill Negan, get slaughtered. Heck they don't even have to come back and kill them all, the Saviors can just set up and pick off small groups that go on runs until there is nothing left.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When everyone thinks you're wrong, it's probably because you're wrong.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've never seen anything like meyers' defense of every tiny aspect of this show. It's absolutely bizarre.
Not really defense, more just trying to explain it to people who really seem to have trouble understanding it. I don't particularly like everything they do, but I try to understand where they were coming from or what they were trying to do. I thought (think) people would (will) like it better if they had a better understanding. But I'm probably wrong here though. They probably get more enjoyment out of whining and complaining.

I've always had a habit (probably bad) of correcting people when they say something wrong (incorrect, misunderstand, lie, etc.). In real life I do try to control the urge somewhat, since it will sometimes piss people off, but on a message board, that's kinda the point. :cool:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not really defense, more just trying to explain it to people who really seem to have trouble understanding it. I don't particularly like everything they do, but I try to understand where they were coming from or what they were trying to do. I thought (think) people would (will) like it better if they had a better understanding. But I'm probably wrong here though. They probably get more enjoyment out of whining and complaining.

I've always had a habit (probably bad) of correcting people when they say something wrong (incorrect, misunderstand, lie, etc.). In real life I do try to control the urge somewhat, since it will sometimes piss people off, but on a message board, that's kinda the point. :cool:

It pisses people off even more when they are right and they do understand it, and you are wrong and don't understand it.
Head bang

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When everyone thinks you're wrong, it's probably because you're wrong.
Not from my experience. Most people aren't very bright. I used to think around 85%, but I've pushed it up to about 87%. (After this last election, I should probably push it up higher.) So if I know something to be true, no real reason to believe other people who may not agree.

I realize I really like this show, so I read quite a bit about it, think quite a bit about it, hence, I just know a hell of a lot more about it than you guys do. So all I'm trying to do is educate you guys some. Maybe you'll enjoy it more. Maybe not.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It pisses people off even more when they are right and they do understand it, and you are wrong and don't understand it.
Head bang
Tell me about it. I sometimes have to take a break I get so pissed off.

Reaction Score

That was one of the best passive aggressive posts I've seen. I'm not insulting it. I think you meant it that way. Kudos!

Reaction Score
If you stare at the sun long enough even the walking dead appear bright. ;)

Reaction Score
Last 3 episodes could be the worst of the series. That is saying something. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Reaction Score

Look. He's not even defending every tiny little aspect of the show. He's now defending his defending of every tiny little aspect of the show. So strange.

Reaction Score
Last 3 episodes could be the worst of the series. That is saying something. Zzzzzzzzzz.
Again I was pretty entertained. It somehow has become more of a TV show with a slow burning multiple angled plot-line of Negan and the Saviors. The Hilltop leader was implausible (didn't need that extreme to see Maggie is great) & obviously the Saviors needed to bash someone's head in rather than steal nice Scotch, but otherwise mixed some fun in with Carl and I like the pending assassination attempts.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In the apocolypse do Maggie and Michonne really find painted on jeans beneficial?

I guess.

Reaction Score
Again I was pretty entertained. It somehow has become more of a TV show with a slow burning multiple angled plot-line of Negan and the Saviors. The Hilltop leader was implausible (didn't need that extreme to see Maggie is great) & obviously the Saviors needed to bash someone's head in rather than steal nice Scotch, but otherwise mixed some fun in with Carl and I like the pending assassination attempts.
The "we'll take 50% of everything" thing can't work for long. At some point you don't leave a reason for people to comply. They are only in these communities because it's better than being on the road, but when you take 50% of their stuff each month it quickly becomes no different than being on the open road. I know that Enid dropped some of her guard for Maggie and Glenn (and Carl), but I can't believe she didn't say "great job getting rid of the Wolves, but I think I'm going to hit the road now."

Also, when the Saviors lit fires and sent the car into Hilltop, did anybody notice but Maggie? They don't have a guard? And then nobody even stirs as Jesus and 2 interlopers take care of their stuff? Unless that was a regular move by the Saviors and they all stay inside until they come back to clear the town (but then why didn't Jesus tell them that).

They've had trouble gaining traction in the beginning of the last few seasons. I think they are too ambitious in having big new themes that take a while to develop. I have confidence that it will get better, but it may take a few more episodes (or the mid-season break).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That was one of the best passive aggressive posts I've seen. I'm not insulting it. I think you meant it that way. Kudos!
I can be pretty passive-aggressive. Just ask my ex-wife. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In the apocolypse do Maggie and Michonne really find painted on jeans beneficial?

I guess.
Obviously. Maggie is pregnant and Michonne has a boyfriend. It seems to work. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know that Enid dropped some of her guard for Maggie and Glenn (and Carl), but I can't believe she didn't say "great job getting rid of the Wolves, but I think I'm going to hit the road now."

Also, when the Saviors lit fires and sent the car into Hilltop, did anybody notice but Maggie? They don't have a guard? And then nobody even stirs as Jesus and 2 interlopers take care of their stuff? Unless that was a regular move by the Saviors and they all stay inside until they come back to clear the town (but then why didn't Jesus tell them that).

They've had trouble gaining traction in the beginning of the last few seasons. I think they are too ambitious in having big new themes that take a while to develop. I have confidence that it will get better, but it may take a few more episodes (or the mid-season break).
Kind of agree. That wasn't one of my favorite episodes. I know they pretty much have different writers each week (or week by week, they recycle them and Kirkman and Gimple do write quite a few of the episodes), but occasionally you get an episode by it seems a not so good writer. This one was kind of "eh" for me.

I see what they are doing, but they just didn't seem to pull it off real well.

However, having Carl and Enid finally get together was a nice touch in the apocalypse ( a little hope). I like the direction of Maggie taking over Hilltop. And I like having both Carl and Jesus heading to Sanctuary. Different approach to the comics.

Also Simon wasn't too bad as a Negan lieutenant. Right now we have like 3 main leaders of the Saviors, Negan, Dwight and Simon. Don't think all of them are gonna stay on the Saviors side though.

The "we'll take 50% of everything" thing can't work for long. At some point you don't leave a reason for people to comply. They are only in these communities because it's better than being on the road, but when you take 50% of their stuff each month it quickly becomes no different than being on the open road.
True, but I don't think they do the "take 50%" every month or so. Like with the Kingdom, they wanted the pigs. Not 50% of everything. And with Alexandria, Negan just said he wanted something good/interesting next time. They need to go out and find it. Didn't even tell them what it might be. But it wasn't a 50% thing.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This episode wasn't great - with a cast this large and with so many parallel story lines, you eventually have to have an episode with the "B" team.

This was the B team episode.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This episode wasn't great - with a cast this large and with so many parallel story lines, you eventually have to have an episode with the "B" team.

This was the B team episode.

And now they skipped right to the "D" team

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And now they skipped right to the "D" team
I can see why people are not gonna like this episode.

Personally I did like it, but then I really like the Tara character. Also an ocean side (bayside, whatever) location could be very interesting. I assume, since they spent a whole Tara episode on this place it will become involved in the future.

Reaction Score
Girl Town, USA!!
This, of course, begs the question, what did THEY do to merit the killing of all men and boys over 10 ? Rick's group killed 2 dozen of the saviors, stole all their guns, and, if not for Darryl's outburst, that merited the killing of just one of them ?

Seems like a fairly sizable hole in the story there. Otherwise, certainly a story worth telling in far more detail. Or, at a minimum, something that Tara would ask about. Especially since, to her knowledge, the saviors haven't even exacted their revenge on Alexandria.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This, of course, begs the question, what did THEY do to merit the killing of all men and boys over 10 ? Rick's group killed 2 dozen of the saviors, stole all their guns, and, if not for Darryl's outburst, that merited the killing of just one of them ?

Seems like a fairly sizable hole in the story there. Otherwise, certainly a story worth telling in far more detail. Or, at a minimum, something that Tara would ask about. Especially since, to her knowledge, the saviors haven't even exacted their revenge on Alexandria.
Well they did say they "fought back". I assume it was after the " we're Negan, we're killing one of your people, you now work for us" meeting. Which would be different than what Rick's group did.

Also Negan being a tyrannical dictator probably doesn't hand out punishment evenly. Probably changes it up. keeps people on their toes.

Just a thought.

Reaction Score
I can see why people are not gonna like this episode.

Personally I did like it, but then I really like the Tara character. Also an ocean side (bayside, whatever) location could be very interesting. I assume, since they spent a whole Tara episode on this place it will become involved in the future.
I like Tara but the reason people are not gonna like this episode is because it was terrible & chock full of unnecessary diversion, plot holes, ridiculous fake-outs, inexplicable decision-making & action that make TWD a 2nd rate show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom