The Walking Dead - Season 7 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I actually thought last night was another episode where the show spun its tires and didn't go anywhere.

Negan is climbing my nerves. Basically, he's sociopathic Fonzi with a bat fetish.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I actually thought last night was another episode where the show spun its tires and didn't go anywhere.

Yeah, that whole thing could have been done in 10-15 min. And the actual content was of the "no duh" category; obviously the Saviors were going to take all their stuff at some point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Negan is climbing my nerves. Basically, he's sociopathic Fonzi with a bat fetish.

I'm struggling with the premise of him and their response to him altogether. When Rosita saw him at the gate, she could have and should have just lit him up with the AK. I think 99 out of 100 people would have done so. I can't even begin to imagine an entire group that would just bow down and disarm themselves as they did.

The Saviors without him are just brainless thugs. They won't stay together and would probably tear each other apart. They are no threat if you simply kill Negan....which he makes incredibly easy.

Reaction Score
I'm struggling with the premise of him and their response to him altogether. When Rosita saw him at the gate, she could have and should have just lit him up with the AK. I think 99 out of 100 people would have done so. I can't even begin to imagine an entire group that would just bow down and disarm themselves as they did.

The Saviors without him are just brainless thugs. They won't stay together and would probably tear each other apart. They are no threat if you simply kill Negan....which he makes incredibly easy.

Agree.

Only thing holding back is they may not know that without Negan they implode and also they have Darryl.

Reaction Score
No can-do, kill Negan & burn 1.5 seasons of coming plot.

Carl's dust up shoulda been an ambush plan with Michonne, but they (writers) are too dumb*. At minimum they should have had a random Alexandrian try a coup. If Negan's Chekov bat is on screen it can't go 0-fer.

*Walter White would have killed Negan dozens of times in that episode

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No can-do, kill Negan & burn 1.5 seasons of coming plot.

Carl's dust up shoulda been an ambush plan with Michonne, but they (writers) are too dumb*. At minimum they should have had a random Alexandrian try a coup. If Negan's Chekov bat is on screen it can't go 0-fer.

*Walter White would have killed Negan dozens of times in that episode

If they are going to drag out Negan for 1.5 seasons...I may trow in the towel. Of all the ridiculous subplots we've seen in this show, his is the most ridiculous.

Now...had Negan remained mysterious. A guy who ruled ruthlessly and was never seen and was only ever contacted by a few trusted lieutenants....then that might have worked. Again guy like him who walks around unprotected in hostile territory would be shot immediately.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Really? Just kill him, right there in front of all his men? Great idea. :rolleyes: Yea, he's dead, and eventually the Saviors may not stay together, but I doubt (99 times out of 100), that they fall apart before they slaughter everyone in Alexandria.

Yea, that will work real well. Head bang

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Really? Just kill him, right there in front of all his men? Great idea. :rolleyes: Yea, he's dead, and eventually the Saviors may not stay together, but I doubt (99 times out of 100), that they fall apart before they slaughter everyone in Alexandria.

Yea, that will work real well. Head bang

He didn't have any more men than there are people in Alexandria, and the people in Alexandria were better armed...at least when the Saviors arrived. An ambush could have taken them all out easily, and Rosita could have shot him through the fence.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He didn't have any more men than there are people in Alexandria, and the people in Alexandria were better armed...at least when the Saviors arrived. An ambush could have taken them all out easily, and Rosita could have shot him through the fence.
Nope. How many people you think live in Alexandria? Besides Abraham, Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Sasha, Carol, Morgan, Heath, and Tara are gone. You probably have a dozen that are actually decent fighters. And that's probably counting Eugene, Gabriel, Spencer and Eric (who, um, yea, that's a stretch on decent fighters). Alexandria has lost quite a lot of people between the Wolves and the walker herding. There ain't a whole lot there.

If they had killed Negan at the gate, they may have been able to hold off the Saviors that were there, but again they were not prepared for that. They showed up unexpected. But they certainly don't have the manpower to hold off all of the Saviors. And they would come back. He's got probably upwards of 100.

To pull off an ambush you'd probably have to know when he was coming. They didn't. And I don't know if they have enough people around to pull that off.

They are probably going to have to get together with Hilltop and the Kingdom to bring down the Saviors. This isn't gonna just be a "let's kill Negan and were done" thing.

Reaction Score
Agreed across the board. I'm not going to try to write the show, BUT, I am soooo disappointed with Negan. He has such a big personality, but they haven't made him anything other than a sadistic bully that rules through violence and intimidation. Forget the Alexandrians taking out Negan, a point getter (or whatever they are in the Saviors' camp) would've taken him out at some point. I still think he should've been more like an abusive parent/spouse. Controlling by a mixture of love and violence. Love to his own people, and ruthlessness (with bits of the love) to the outsiders. He's still interesting, but I'm hoping there are no more episodes like the last one and they start planning for the Saviors demise with Hilltop and Kingdom within the next couple episodes. By the way, why wouldn't Negan leave a representative in the communities under his thumb. It sounds like his people come through periodically. So much planning against him could/would go on in between visits.

From what I've read/heard, Negan is around for a long time in the comic. Maybe he just worked better there, but I hope they bring this story line to an end sooner than later.

Reaction Score
He's definitely going to be around for awhile and I'm fine with Rick building a coalition and strategic plan with the other two settlements, that's more interesting versus what they've done in the past plus I like the Kingdom guy for his absurdity. I'm interested in seeing Rick & Michonne meet the King & his Tiger.

Negan parts that worked were calling out creepy priest and overweight supply clerk, he's useful as the only guy in this world confronting any truth and the mattress burn was a chess move on a board where everyone else plays checkers.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In terms of just numbers, when you have people outside a gate hoping to get inside a gate and their leader is out front with nothing more than a bat, yeah, you shoot him.

But that's logic in a show about zombies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In terms of just numbers, when you have people outside a gate hoping to get inside a gate and their leader is out front with nothing more than a bat, yeah, you shoot him.

But that's logic in a show about zombies.
Well I suppose if your logic is to get slaughtered. Sure. Makes perfect sense then. If you actually want to live, then you may have to come up with some other, more well thought out ideas. They tried the rash (kill Saviors) approach already, didn't work out so well.

Reaction Score
Well I suppose if your logic is to get slaughtered. Sure. Makes perfect sense then. If you actually want to live, then you may have to come up with some other, more well thought out ideas. They tried the rash (kill Saviors) approach already, didn't work out so well.
If you want to pretend this is real*, you'll need to be quiet when the adults are talking ;)

*i.e. Negan kills Rick

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you want to pretend this is real*, you'll need to be quiet when the adults are talking ;)
Don't think I have to worry about that around here. :cool:

*i.e. Negan kills Rick
No, I think it's probably better to have someone who you've broken (subservient) who can control his own people. Like a lot of "real life", when you remove a leader/dictator you never know what's gonna fill that role. Negan doesn't want to have to kill everyone, he wants them to produce for him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

It worked splendidly. They killed them. Took their stuff and had no real casualties. The screw-up came when they assumed they got them all and them acted like such morons trying to get Maggie some meds.

Rick's primary mistake has been in assuming that the zombies were the primary threat. You'd think he would have learned by now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It worked splendidly. They killed them. Took their stuff and had no real casualties. The screw-up came when they assumed they got them all and them acted like such morons trying to get Maggie some meds.
Yea, see that would be rash. Not having a plan like figuring out who and what the Saviors were. It didn't work out. They now have no guns, (well a couple it looks like hidden, maybe), lost Abraham and Glenn and now are under Negan's thumb. I wouldn't call that splendid. IDK, maybe you think that's working it out splendidly?? Guess we have a different view of splendid.

Rick's primary mistake has been in assuming that the zombies were the primary threat. You'd think he would have learned by now.
Pretty sure Rick's been well aware of walkers vs human threats for quite some time.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yea, see that would be rash. Not having a plan like figuring out who and what the Saviors were. It didn't work out. They now have no guns, (well a couple it looks like hidden, maybe), lost Abraham and Glenn and now are under Negan's thumb. I wouldn't call that splendid. IDK, maybe you think that's working it out splendidly?? Guess we have a different view of splendid.

Pretty sure Rick's been well aware of walkers vs human threats for quite some time.

The attack was a splendid success. The mistakes were made after that (including surrendering the guns last episode). Poor intel was certainly part of the problem.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Nooooooo.

He's out front of a gate with about two dozen men.

You have at least that many...plus, you are behind a gate. And you have an armory. And a rocket launcher.

You shoot the boss man. Then you start shooting the minions. Daryl can run for it - they're not going to worry about him in the chaos.

The remaining minions back at minion central will not do anything. ("We're all Negan!" "Negan's dead." "Welp, we had a good run.")

But again, that is logic in a world where we've agreed to suspend logic.

Reaction Score
Just watched, freaking weak sauce. They could've definitely killed negan and picked off most of his minions that came with him. They already had a good idea of his forces from the bludgeoning and could've figured out what was left from extracting/torturing info out of the wounded plus Daryl. In any event they should've been prepared for something knowing that they had a week until their first visit.

Reaction Score
No, I think it's probably better to have someone who you've broken (subservient) who can control his own people. Like a lot of "real life", when you remove a leader/dictator you never know what's gonna fill that role. Negan doesn't want to have to kill everyone, he wants them to produce for him.
You are right it has nothing to do with Rick being the lead on a TV show.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Nooooooo.

He's out front of a gate with about two dozen men.

You have at least that many...plus, you are behind a gate. And you have an armory. And a rocket launcher.

You shoot the boss man. Then you start shooting the minions. Daryl can run for it - they're not going to worry about him in the chaos.

The remaining minions back at minion central will not do anything. ("We're all Negan!" "Negan's dead." "Welp, we had a good run.")

But again, that is logic in a world where we've agreed to suspend logic.

Exactly. Negan has no #2. The top minions likely each have a few supporters. They would probably all kill each other. The idea that they would all act cohesively against Alexandria, as Meyers suggests, is absurd. These people have no guiding, binding philosophy to keep them together.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The attack was a splendid success. The mistakes were made after that (including surrendering the guns last episode). Poor intel was certainly part of the problem.
The the poor intel was the problem. The main problem. Yes the attack was a success, but the mistakes were made prior to that in not figuring out who they were attacking.

Think Pearl Harbor, yep great success, HUGE mistake. (woke a sleeping giant)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom