The Walking Dead - Season 7 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead - Season 7

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think Daryl is already working on Dwight. Daryl gets this stuff. His brother was a mini Negan, ruling people by fear.
Good point. Especially after Negen showed his hand in that bedroom.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Were the Wolves simply eradicated?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I thought it was a very good episode - the only weak spot, and this is becoming a theme, is when Negan is on screen.

The monologues are getting a little repetitive which is kind of a shame because Morgan is a terrific actor. Getting to the point where I can't stand seeing him on screen.

( Coincidence - I actually saw Morgan a few weeks ago. He lives in the county and he owns a candy store (of all things) not far from here. He was not carrying a bat.)

Reaction Score
I thought it was a very good episode - the only weak spot, and this is becoming a theme, is when Negan is on screen.

The monologues are getting a little repetitive which is kind of a shame because Morgan is a terrific actor. Getting to the point where I can't stand seeing him on screen.

( Coincidence - I actually saw Morgan a few weeks ago. He lives in the county and he owns a candy store (of all things) not far from here. He was not carrying a bat.)

I believe he is a Brit.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I believe he is a Brit.

He's either American or (outside chance) Canadian - definitely not British.

His voice on the show isn't an affectation. That's pretty much what he sounds like.

Reaction Score
He's either American or (outside chance) Canadian - definitely not British.

His voice on the show isn't an affectation. That's pretty much what he sounds like.

My bad then.

I know about half the show is British and could have sworn I heard "Morgan" and he was too. Musta been the Tito's.....

Reaction Score
My bad then.

I know about half the show is British and could have sworn I heard "Morgan" and he was too. Musta been the Tito's.....
My bad then.

You guys are in a "Three's Company" conversation. You are referring to the actor (Lennie James) that plays the character Morgan. He is English. Fishy is referring to Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who plays Negan. He is American and seems like he could be the coolest guy around in real life.

Reaction Score
You guys are in a "Three's Company" conversation. You are referring to the actor (Lennie James) that plays the character Morgan. He is English. Fishy is referring to Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who plays Negan. He is American and seems like he could be the coolest guy around in real life.

Nailed it.

Where did I put that Titos.....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was at the end of my rope with that song by by the end of the episode. Daryl must be going absolutely batsh!t.
I would have been dancing up a storm.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would have been dancing up a storm.

"So, have you cracked the prisoner?"

"Uh, not yet, Mr. Negan, sir."

"Is he close? Is he wavering? Starting to whimper?"

"He's.....well, he's dancing, sir."

Reaction Score

Must be referring to this, its been in the local news a bit,

Walking Dead Star Promotes Hudson Valley Candy Shop

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was at the end of my rope with that song by by the end of the episode. Daryl must be going absolutely batsh!t.
Hated it, even the first time.

Reaction Score
...And we are off the rails again.
1. Negan is repeating himself and the Dwight exposition dialogue of crap they'd already shown us (so didn't need to tell us of cuckolding) was terrible.
2. They un-did all of the impressive Negan organization they'd shown us in season finale
3. The big impact deaths in season opener further undone by not giving us a minute of those folks for 2 weeks. They simply aren't smart enough to hold two plots at once.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
2. They un-did all of the impressive Negan organization they'd shown us in season finale
I think that was the point. As impressive as his organization is, there are some chinks in the armor.

Reaction Score
I think that was the point. As impressive as his organization is, there are some chinks in the armor.
No duh, I simply think it'd be cooler for Rick & Co to have to really strategize, consensus build and come up with a plan to take them out. We are now setup simply for an assassination & then its over. And no doubt they'll take us right to the precipice of that & cliffhanger.
Only thing I was curious about in that episode is where & how often is Negan showering, quite impressive how well coiffed & groomed he always is despite walking around in leather all day.
I guess I was kinda curious about why Dwight's ex was constantly lurking around jail cells in a negligee

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No duh, I simply think it'd be cooler for Rick & Co to have to really strategize, consensus build and come up with a plan to take them out. We are now setup simply for an assassination & then its over. And no doubt they'll take us right to the precipice of that & cliffhanger.
Well, we'll have to see what happens. I don't expect Negan's arc to be done this season or next.

I guess I was kinda curious about why Dwight's ex was constantly lurking around jail cells in a negligee
Negan probably wants it that way.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hated the end of last season and wasn't a big fan of the first episode of this season, but the last two have been enjoyable.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Ratings. Got to have one "super hot" woman (in Negan's words) on screen. Maggie is still pregnant and Sasha and Rosita aren't around. They really shouldn't have killed Jesse last year.

Reaction Score
Ratings. Got to have one "super hot" woman (in Negan's words) on screen. Maggie is still pregnant and Sasha and Rosita aren't around. They really shouldn't have killed Jesse last year.
Again kinda of my point, but shame on me for being subtle about the Zombie show that is definitional anything but subtle. And in rare instances when it is, they have characters do everything but break the 4th wall and waive a sign saying "Expository dialogue ALERT".

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
FYI, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is at RI ComicCon this weekend. RHODE ISLAND COMIC CON

He's there in Negan capacity, but for Supernatural junkies like my daughter, he was also John Winchester.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The most annoying part of this show is Negan's too-cool-for-school dialogue. Absolutely hate it.

Is there going to be a Negan back-story show? I'm assuming he was a high school principal. And school is still in session.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The most annoying part of this show is Negan's too-cool-for-school dialogue. Absolutely hate it.

Is there going to be a Negan back-story show? I'm assuming he was a high school principal. And school is still in session.
I'm really starting to love the Negan character. Of course I want Rick or somebody to take him out, but really liking this villain.

Agree, could have been an Asst. Principal or quite possibly a Guidance Counselor. (Actually the back story from the comics isn't that far off. Don't know if they'll use the same one, or any at all. )

I like this definition, or observation of his personality:

Negan is a casual, jolly, savage man who adores violence and mayhem. He is very intelligent and logical, possessing a knack for controlling and manipulating others. He has a strong affinity for profane language and offensive comments and a morbid, perverse sense of humor, seeming to enjoy the shock value. His charismatic persona and domineering presence allows him to easily intimidate friends and foes alike.

Reaction Score

Yep, very good episode except when Negan was speaking. Its a one-note performance that only works in short intimidating sequences. Rick was great last night and the episode eons better when Negan wasn't on the screen; TALKinggg in a SING song CAdence. I will PUNCTUATE lots of words BEcause I AM TOUGH. Don't you GET IT !
3/4 good episodes this season so likely headed for a few stinkers now. Its comical short attention span theater that they can't show two plot-lines or even locations in one episode.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom