The Walking Dead Season 6 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I have no doubt Glenn is a "dead man walking" now. Since they've "saved" him, he's doomed to die....soon.

Spoiler (read no further if you haven't seen the last episode):

I think it would be interesting for Glenn and the rest outside to save the people being over run inside... Only to have Maggie have been bitten during the battle. That would be dramatic.

Also, you know everything is going to be fine, because Abraham is going to come back and unleash destruction with his newly acquired rocket launcher.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
3. Spencer does this stupid high wire act all on his own without consulting anyone, how can Rick be in charge and permit this and if her own son doesn't listen how can Deanna possibly have any authority? AND then she backs her son's reckless gambit?!
4. Deanna hands Rick & Michonne the ridiculous plans, clearly only to be used as pathos in later episodes 'oh what could have been'.
5. Our most savvy survivors Rick & Carl teach the sullen kid who clearly wants to kill them how to s

Spencer is dangerous and is a serious risk to all the survivors. New Rick would have recognized this and accidentally let him fall to protect the group.

Hopefully the stupid plan scene portends Deanna's death, because she's annoying.

One correction: I don't find Carl savvy at all. He's like a 10 year old in a 15 year olds body.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I like Glenn, but I'd preferred if he died. It would add significant pathos and make the show more dramatic.

I need to see some of the core fall to make me actually fear for their lives.
Agreed completely. I thought they had done a great job with his death. Sudden, unexpected, dumb mistakes, trusting the wrong person, can happen to anybody at any time......But then they backed out of it. :mad:

However, I do like his character AND it's nice to have a "nice guy" NOT get killed (see Hershal, Tyreese, Bob, etc.). Don't really like what they did, but I'll give them this one. Hopefully they make up for it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Agreed completely. I thought they had done a great job with his death. Sudden, unexpected, dumb mistakes, trusting the wrong person, can happen to anybody at any time.But then they backed out of it. :mad:

However, I do like his character AND it's nice to have a "nice guy" NOT get killed (see Hershal, Tyreese, Bob, etc.). Don't really like what they did, but I'll give them this one. Hopefully they make up for it.

Yep, the show started off well when Shane was killed. The Shane/Rick/Carl dynamic was great.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I like Glenn, but I'd preferred if he died. It would add significant pathos and make the show more dramatic.

If he dies it would be so traumatic to Maggie that she would kill herself. She lost her momma, poppa and sister. Add Glenn and she would shoot herself and the thus her baby, too.
Or don't go back to Glenn until next year. That is anxiety.

The producer/directors snipped the anxiety factor by issuing a statement on Talking Dead by stating we would see Glenn again in some way again. They should have just left us hanging. But my point that he was not shown for In Memoriums was telling.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The producer/directors snipped the anxiety factor by issuing a statement on Talking Dead by stating we would see Glenn again in some way again. They should have just left us hanging. But my point that he was not shown for In Memoriums was telling.

That's ridiculous. What a waste. That part of the show is so lame. They should just put out some blog posts with all the interesting factoids, and don't reveal anything.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt Glenn is a "dead man walking" now. Since they've "saved" him, he's doomed to die....soon.

I don't know. We know Glenn dies in the source material, but the show hasn't been, and doesn't have to be, 100% faithful to that. To tease his death, make the audience wait through 3 episodes to find out he's not really dead, and then kill sometime during the second half of this season would be pretty weak. Not saying they won't do it, but teasing it now will lessen the impact when it actually does happen.

Something from a couple weeks back that bugged me: Michonne and a few Alexandrians are trying to make it back to safety. They're climbing the fence and one of the guys gets pulled back by the walkers and eaten. Michonne and the others stand on the safe side of the fence and watch, horrified. - Why didn't anyone help the poor guy by killing? He's going to die anyway. Why watch him suffer through being chewed on? Stab or shoot him in the head, grab his note to his wife and get moving.

Reaction Score
I don't know. We know Glenn dies in the source material, but the show hasn't been, and doesn't have to be, 100% faithful to that. To tease his death, make the audience wait through 3 episodes to find out he's not really dead, and then kill sometime during the second half of this season would be pretty weak. Not saying they won't do it, but teasing it now will lessen the impact when it actually does happen.

Something from a couple weeks back that bugged me: Michonne and a few Alexandrians are trying to make it back to safety. They're climbing the fence and one of the guys gets pulled back by the walkers and eaten. Michonne and the others stand on the safe side of the fence and watch, horrified. - Why didn't anyone help the poor guy by killing? He's going to die anyway. Why watch him suffer through being chewed on? Stab or shoot him in the head, grab his note to his wife and get moving.
The show is often just stupidly written, so as always anything like that which puts a little more gore on the screen is acceptable. Gore > logic, common sense etc..
But they are still dumb even when not for violence/action/gore. Last episode Glen is yelling to Enid. Enid chooses to run away RIGHT after Glen asks, 'Is Maggie OK?' just because they need Glen to chase her. They are simply too dense to come up with an actual reason for him to go after her although they compound the audience's pain with stupid ongoing dialogue about saving Enid being what Maggie would have wanted after Glen catches up to Enid.

I'm willing to tolerate all of this and stop whining as long as there is a chance Maggie's baby is a still-born zombie baby and eats her.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm willing to tolerate all of this and stop whining as long as there is a chance Maggie's baby is a still-born zombie baby and eats her.

If this happens, I'm all in. All in.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
4. Deanna hands Rick & Michonne the ridiculous plans, clearly only to be used as pathos in later episodes 'oh what could have been'.

Every time I see those plans I laugh a bit. Definitely takes a genius leader-type to scribble "Crops" on a couple different areas of a map. What would they have done without her?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Every time I see those plans I laugh a bit. Definitely takes a genius leader-type to scribble "Crops" on a couple different areas of a map. What would they have done without her?

It was like a fourth grader's drawings. Also, why didn't the architect/engineer guy design the plans? Is that too much common sense?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm thinking they are trying to show she's not altogether there right now. Did you see the look on Michonne's face when she opened the plans up and looked at them. Kind of a "WTF? Rick, I think we have a problem" look.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I'm thinking they are trying to show she's not altogether there right now. Did you see the look on Michonne's face when she opened the plans up and looked at them. Kind of a "WTF? Rick, I think we have a problem" look.

Not sure on that one. Think you're giving the writers too much credit there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree, that would mean they are making a point with subtlety. If they wanted to show her losing her grip the plans could have featured stick figures of her lost loved ones screaming HELP or maybe painting bodies on trees to use the Zombies to clear a forest.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Agree, that would mean they are making a point with subtlety. If they wanted to show her losing her grip the plans could have featured stick figures of her lost loved ones screaming HELP or maybe painting bodies on trees to use the Zombies to clear a forest.

Or sitting in the dark by herself, with a blank stare and drinking whiskey straight from the bottle.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They put all kinds of little things in there. They're sneaky little devils sometimes.

Reaction Score
Thought the season started great. Then they pulled the jump the shark episode with Carl. Then this horrible midseason finale. Ugh.

Reaction Score
It wasn't horrible, but other than SPOILER ALERT* almost nothing happened or was resolved.

When they play the cover yourself in zombie guts card, they've written themselves into a plot hole.

*Woman with inexplicably dyed hair goes down swinging

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It wasn't horrible, but other than SPOILER ALERT* almost nothing happened or was resolved.
Yea, that was the big thing, nothing really was resolved. Glenn still isn't back with Maggie, the wall is still down, Daryl and gang are still out wandering around somewhere, zombies all over Alexandria, etc.

More like a set up for the midseason finale, than the midseason finale.

When they play the cover yourself in zombie guts card, they've written themselves into a plot hole.
I did like that they combined the Rick/Glenn cover yourself with the Carol cover yourself scenarios. They did learn something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom