Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
do u see it? or not? why or why not?

as much as i am done with P and D, i think your crazy if you dont see it. the signs are there, the facts support it and the stars/stats/#'s all agree with it. what it tells me is that any competent HC/staff would be able to pull in top 50 classes every year without issue and that we have yet as a fanbase to see a real on trail killer. RE did his thing. P is doing his, but i really dream of a actual recruiter on a uconn staff. the combination of this man, our practice facility and my addiction to the trail would be dealy for this program.:D

i want to know what u guys think of it...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have a lot to offer but not a lot of FB tradition. A good coach should be able recruit and win here at the 3-star level without too.much trouble.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
At the end of this year, give the classes rankings for the last five or six years for both Scout and Rivals and you'll have your answer in terms of how the services see our classes.

But I doubt P will be here long enough for us to ever really compare classes as they develop them over 5 years.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I voted yes. I think there might be a better average talent level coming in but it would be hard to argue they will develop talent better than the old staff.

Reaction Score
I'll wait till February to see who actually shows up this year... Nothing counts until we get the paper.

Reaction Score
Yes... Talent level is increasing at just about every position EXCEPT RB... No knock on McCombs whatsoever, but with the lack of support from our back up RBs has to be a HUGE concern for this program... We gotta do better, recruit better, do something better ( like get a RB coach for one ).

pj

Reaction Score
I wouldn't knock Marriner, ktuck. He's extremely fast. I don't know how elusive he is or whether he can catch passes, but he's piling up the yardage in Virginia.

Reaction Score
We need speed on offense Dan, a ton of it. On the offensive line, in the backfield, on the ends.

I really don't know how you can replace where we're at on the OL in a short amount of time and have a lot of success, but we needs OL's that can move and hit people. I'm hoping that by February, we've got a few more studs coming in on the OL to join the couple we've already brought in. I look forward to seeing the kid from Air Force compete that came in last year but is out this year. I look forward to seeing Samra develop. I look forward to seeing Rugg crack the lineup. I think Bullock, will be a good center, with more reps and experience, and Cruz I think has the mean streak you need in a guard. We need an OL that can move and start getting reps together with a center that can make the line calls.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming the #uptick is regards to recruiting. For me it's a big fat no. Forget the stars, forget the class rankings and all of that other nonsense.

Are we beating other BCS schools for kids more now than we have in the past? I don't know....maybe a smidge? But I don't see any material difference from years past. This is the only measurable I'll use before kids get on the field (and God forbid P is here to see these recruits through 4 or 5 years. Now to be fair, P has to deal with the Big East losing their AQ status. Something his predecessor never had to deal with.

APA

Reaction Score
I'm assuming the #uptick is regards to recruiting. For me it's a big fat no. Forget the stars, forget the class rankings and all of that other nonsense.

Are we beating other BCS schools for kids more now than we have in the past? I don't know....maybe a smidge? But I don't see any material difference from years past. This is the only measurable I'll use before kids get on the field (and God forbid P is here to see these recruits through 4 or 5 years. Now to be fair, P has to deal with the Big East losing their AQ status. Something his predecessor never had to deal with.
Fully agree

Reaction Score

The problem as I see it is if we are a day late on some guys...makes me wonder if we are that way on a everyone. Take Quenton Nelson from Red Bank Catholic...13 offers (including BC, PSU, Wisconsin) and this staff still wants to see his films before making a decision on whether to offer or not. By the time we decide and offer it will be too late...and RBC is a school we have had a pipe line to over the years producing former 3 co-captains (Mike McNamara, Paul Zenkert, and Donald Brown).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
some of the things i value in the uptick are:
-hs or areas we are getting kids
-stars or rankings
-other offers(most value placed here)
-how they were found or they found us and why
-visits
-media

i will go further into this as i see more and answer with my opinions as this thread plays out. lastly, when i talk recruiting on the trail i am judging class by class on signing day. not 4 or 5 years later on development. thats a different argument.

Reaction Score
Yes... Talent level is increasing at just about every position EXCEPT RB... No knock on McCombs whatsoever, but with the lack of support from our back up RBs has to be a HUGE concern for this program... We gotta do better, recruit better, do something better ( like get a RB coach for one ).

Uconn has 2 backups at RB who through what I've seen have as much ability and more potential than LM. LM's has over 400 carries, doubt his two main backups have much over 40 between them. LM could not break a tackle or cut to an open hole if you put snow shoes on the opponents defense and put crisco on LM's uni.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think it's there. It's not a leap but it's there. The problem we are currently having is that our HC and OC are not maximizing this talent on the offensive side of the ball... which makes the #uptick harder to see.

Reaction Score
and RBC is a school we have had a pipe line to over the years producing former 3 co-captains (Mike McNamara, Paul Zenkert, and Donald Brown).

Zenkert lived in my dorm, remember him telling me that Tom Jackson's philosophy was to put his best athletes on offense, and tried to cobble together a defense with whoever was left over. I reminded him that he plays defense, then I tried to run away. Did not go over too well.

Reaction Score
I'm with Jimmy on this one......I think the so called "uptick".....wait let me hash-tag that...everything has to be hashed these days "#uptick"............ is marginal at best as far as talent and goes. We still don't drop jaws........For recruits or for recruiting analysts at the end of the day......We don't compete for the best in the country and we don't even really compete for the second tier players (Low 4 star and High 3)........The kids committing to us generally have a lack of offers, from big 6 schools that is. (they may have a dung load of MAC or CUSA offers) Or if we do occasionally beat out another big 6 school they usually have an added bonus to come to us......such as location proximity or early playing time possibilities, or academic major, or their former offers from perceived bigger-time schools are no longer committable offers/their scholarship has already been taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom