The Unkindess Cut of All | The Boneyard

The Unkindess Cut of All

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I guess I missed this one when Dangerfield committed:

“I liked Tennessee until I saw Maya Moore and Tina Charles play,” Dangerfield told the Hartford Courant upon committing in October to play collegiately for the Huskies. “That’s when I started to like UConn.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/gatorad...e-girls-basketball-player-crystal-Dangerfield

Oh My oh Maya - her recruitment being routinely pointed to as the final straw for Pat Summit. Makes Dangerfield's remark like turning the dagger after the thrust, does it not? Delicious. Simply delicious! May a UConn recruit, the first from Tennessee, be Tenn's NPOY again.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Et tu, Rocky?

Well, apparently Pat Summit never had a slave whispering in her ear: "Remember you are mortal." And the guy who did still got too big for his britches - er Toga - So, I answer: YES

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I guess I missed this one when Dangerfield committed:

“I liked Tennessee until I saw Maya Moore and Tina Charles play,” Dangerfield told the Hartford Courant upon committing in October to play collegiately for the Huskies. “That’s when I started to like UConn.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/gatorad...e-girls-basketball-player-crystal-Dangerfield

Oh My oh Maya - her recruitment being routinely pointed to as the final straw for Pat Summit. Makes Dangerfield's remark like turning the dagger after the thrust, does it not? Delicious. Simply delicious! May a UConn recruit, the first from Tennessee, be Tenn's NPOY again.
LOVE this. Parker was the last legit superstar for Tennessee and UCONN has won something like 4 NC's since that time? Tennessee will always be "relevant", but just not at the same level as UCONN.

Plus all you need to do is watch a game, or a practice, and see how great the chemistry is and how the players "comport" themselves to realize there is no place like UCONN...

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Well, apparently Pat Summit never had a slave whispering in her ear...
tenn mascot energy.jpg

Forsooth, sayer Rocky!
Her slave t'was but a lazy slacker,
asleep in the arena Caesarean Section,
whilst UConn stuck it to UTenn,
in the vital Finals (4 out of 4 times!)
Woe be it ever to UTenn, … Beware ye Idlers of March!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
View attachment 8189
Forsooth, sayer Rocky!

Oh, holy m**de, that's a good one arty! :p

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
View attachment 8189
Forsooth, sayer Rocky!
Is THAT what a Vol looks like? I always thought it was this...

Field-vole-eating-blade-of-grass-at-entrance-of-burrow.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
LOVE this. Parker was the last legit superstar for Tennessee and UCONN has won something like 4 NC's since that time? Tennessee will always be "relevant", but just not at the same level as UCONN.

Plus all you need to do is watch a game, or a practice, and see how great the chemistry is and how the players "comport" themselves to realize there is no place like UCONN...

So, and this is a bit of a tangent or not, Tennessee fans are anointing Diamond Deshields as their next game -changer ala Parker, who will take them to the promised land. And I just now got why they invariably retreat to the excuse that they have no "superstar" like UConn or NCS has and that is what they need. Why, 'cuz as fans that is what they saw producing great results under the old regime of athletic and bang it in and rebound, rebound, rebound. Lost in that mindset is the question of team balance on offense, and integration of a talent into that in a way that maximizes the potential of that star. By the by, Deshields is not Parker either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So, and this is a bit of a tangent or not, Tennessee fans are anointing Diamond Deshields as their next game -changer ala Parker, who will take them to the promised land. And I just now got why they invariably retreat to the excuse that they have no "superstar" like UConn or NCS has and that is what they need. Why, 'cuz as fans that is what they saw producing great results under the old regime of athletic and bang it in and rebound, rebound, rebound. Lost in that mindset is the question of team balance on offense, and integration of a talent into that in a way that maximizes the potential of that star. By the by, Deshields is not Parker either.
Oh, don't even go there with the Tennessee fans. They think Russell is as good, if not better, than Tina Charles. They think Deshields is at least as good as Maya Moore. They think Tea Cooper is at least as good as Jefferson. :rolleyes:

It remains to be seen how good she is, and the rest of the Tenn recruits. Every year we hear them go on and on and on about how incredible the recruits are. Nared was supposed to be better than anyone UCONN had coming in. Middleton "outplayed every other guard in her class all summer long". Dunbar was going to earn a ton of PT because she's such a darn good shooter.

Oh, and if Russell's feet never completely heal, she may be more Morgan Valley than Tina Charles. Given that they lose 2 starts (Harrison and Burdick) as well as Massengale, I think they struggle...

Reaction Score
I think TN liked Dangerfield too...until they saw Cooper play.

Just kidding. ;):p

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think TN liked Dangerfield too...until they saw Cooper play.

Just kidding. ;):p

I'd hedge that bet, too. Many Tenn fans comforted themselves with the thought when Dangerfield committed that Dangerfield saw Cooper's commit and said I'm going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I personally think CD was always headed to UCONN, though some TN fans think Cooper sent her there. CD is a great player. She will be a star.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd hedge that bet, too. Many Tenn fans comforted themselves with the thought when Dangerfield committed that Dangerfield saw Cooper's commit and said I'm going elsewhere.
Yeah, that wasn't it at all. They also comforted themselves with comments like "that's ok - we'll take Chassity Carter - she has more upside"... Then Chassity verbaled to Vandy! But the good thing about that is at least it avoids their fan base coming up with some sort of horrible nickname for Ms. Carter (Chaschas or something horrible like that LOL)...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yeah, that wasn't it at all. They also comforted themselves with comments like "that's ok - we'll take Chassity Carter - she has more upside"... Then Chassity verbaled to Vandy! But the good thing about that is at least it avoids their fan base coming up with some sort of horrible nickname for Ms. Carter (Chaschas or something horrible like that LOL)...

Tenn will rise again, but until they do a lot of fans on the internet have created an illusion of past greatness magnifying it considerably beyond what it was and longing for it, while eating their young.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh, don't even go there with the Tennessee fans. They think Russell is as good, if not better, than Tina Charles. They think Deshields is at least as good as Maya Moore. They think Tea Cooper is at least as good as Jefferson. :rolleyes:

It remains to be seen how good she is, and the rest of the Tenn recruits. Every year we hear them go on and on and on about how incredible the recruits are.

Of course we'll never how good these players could have been if they went to a program where they get coached up.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Tenn will rise again, but until they do a lot of fans on the internet have created an illusion of past greatness magnifying it considerably beyond what it was and longing for it, while eating their young.
The LV have won eight NCs in their history let alone 9 in 19 seasons with the possibility of 10 in 20.

JS

Reaction Score
Just as the Boneyard Rules state that we like our players best and don't have to be "objective" if we don't choose to be, so too the Tennessee fans are entitled to believe what they wish.

And when they turn their gaze outward, particularly northward, it may be that those beliefs include libels and delusions and awful sportsmanship and strains to any semblance of credibility and . . .

Well, enough of those thoughts. I haven't looked at their rules, but maybe those things are protected too, as the evidence has sometimes suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom