The UConn "hard sell,"made to look soft. | The Boneyard

The UConn "hard sell,"made to look soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We can only speculate about what is going on in Storrs this weekend, but there is enough history in these matters to help us do so as UConn rolls out the National Flag Blue carpet for four quality recruits that Geno really, really wants. I refer specifically to the activities scheduled and implemented by hosts named Auriemma, Herbst, and Manuel, with a supporting cast that includes people named Chris, Shea, Marisa, and Sefanie, Bria, Kaleena et al.

Surely their accomodations were as close to 4-star as NCAA regs and AD budgets permit. Hosting undoubtedly enabled Katie Lou and KML to renew their Mater Dei connection, and for the others to hear about the championships, the adulation locally, the upcoming visit to Fenway Park, and the certain encore trip to the White House. Not to mention meeting Coach Ollie, President Herbst, and even getting a tour of the new basketball develpment center (now getting finishing touches?). And Oh, Yeah, a good look at all the NC banners, retired jerseys and spectacularly jammed trophy case.

Those expressing special interest in a college major probably get to meet the department head. And the Auriemma home is surely big enough to host the entire group (plus some straphangers named Rizzotti, or Lobo) for a few canolis, some vitello, pasta and spumoni.

And count on one other thing. Each will get an offer too irrresistible to refuse.

I gotta like our chances.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
left out the visit to the dairy bar - as for '4 star' they are probably staying at the Nathan Hale which might rise to 3 star at best, but at least is on campus. I suspect a meal at Geno's, and a chance for the parents to hang together and compare notes when the kids are off with the players.

sTu

Reaction Score
Or it all comes down to a spirited game of Uno and how much fun a tight group can have for the next years.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We can only speculate about what is going on in Storrs this weekend, but there is enough history in these matters to help us do so as UConn rolls out the National Flag Blue carpet for four quality recruits that Geno really, really wants. I refer specifically to the activities scheduled and implemented by hosts named Auriemma, Herbst, and Manuel, with a supporting cast that includes people named Chris, Shea, Marisa, and Sefanie, Bria, Kaleena et al.

Surely their accomodations were as close to 4-star as NCAA regs and AD budgets permit. Hosting undoubtedly enabled Katie Lou and KML to renew their Mater Dei connection, and for the others to hear about the championships, the adulation locally, the upcoming visit to Fenway Park, and the certain encore trip to the White House. Not to mention meeting Coach Ollie, President Herbst, and even getting a tour of the new basketball develpment center (now getting finishing touches?). And Oh, Yeah, a good look at all the NC banners, retired jerseys and spectacularly jammed trophy case.

Those expressing special interest in a college major probably get to meet the department head. And the Auriemma home is surely big enough to host the entire group (plus some straphangers named Rizzotti, or Lobo) for a few canolis, some vitello, pasta and spumoni.

And count on one other thing. Each will get an offer too irrresistible to refuse.

I gotta like our chances.

SOLD. I'm totally conviced and have scheduled a signing ceremony on a trash can in my tool shed. Kibitzer, Geno has a spot for you.

Reaction Score
Or it all comes down to a spirited game of Uno and how much fun a tight group can have for the next years.
If it comes down to Uno, you know Morgan Tuck will win. Maybe Morgan should make some bets with these top recruits. If Morgan beats them at Uno they come to UConn, if not they can go where ever they like. As Morgan's best friend on the team, I'm sure Stewie can be convincing too.

Reaction Score
COHEN: it is my totally unofficial duty to point out to you that your use of the term "conviced" is the recruiting equivalent of a double dribble. During the recruiting process, one should neither "con" nor employ "vice" of any sort. Oh, what the hell, they never call double-dribbles anymore anyhow. Good post, and enjoy the holiday.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
left out the visit to the dairy bar - as for '4 star' they are probably staying at the Nathan Hale which might rise to 3 star at best, but at least is on campus. I suspect a meal at Geno's, and a chance for the parents to hang together and compare notes when the kids are off with the players.

I forgot the dairy bar but you can be certain that Geno won't forget to give the parents time to schmooz and compare notes.

Could be the most important item on the itinerary.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score

If someone gave me some of the famous Johnathan surprise ice cream, I would have signed right then and there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You had me at spumoni

Reaction Score
But absolutely no tours of the ESPN studios, guided or unguided.

Reaction Score
I doubt they are interested in those kind of stars. It's the other kind that will bring them in to the fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom