The Too Early 2017 Roster Projections | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Too Early 2017 Roster Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And the way we are recruiting, I wonder if we have as many as 5 kids falling out of the program this winter. We have 9 slots left assuming Sherriffs exits, meanwhile we seem to be tracking to add as many as 14 more kids.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Another update based on recent recruiting. I'm all ears for corrections. Given the offers we have out there, maybe we have more roster turn coming this winter than usual.

1.1) D Williams
2.2) Bisack
3.3) McAfee - verbal
4) Need a HS recruit
5) Need a Juco transfer

RB
4.1) Newsome
5.2) Johnson
6.3) Vickers
7.4) Hopkins
8.5) J. Thompson
6) Mensah/Scott/Chukweneke/Gamble/Blackshear?? (Gamble could also be MLB)

FB
9.1) Allmendinger
2) Need a recruit for this space (Maybe they give Dickens a look)

WR
10.1) Mayala
11.2) Beals
12.3) Skanes - slot wr
13.4) Dixon <--could be the #2 receiver given he was POY on the practice squad
14.5) McLean
15.6) Coney
16.7) Donaldson
8) Crawford/McKenzie/Beavers/Laurent??

OT
17.1) Peart
18.2) DeGeorge or Leone? <--do we have any clue about OT next year.
3) Grad Transfer not yet named visiting this weekend?!?!
19.4) Hashemi
20.5) Cespedes
21.6) Tunstall - verbal
22.7) Van Demark - verbal
8) Octavius??

OG
23.1) Rutherford
24.2) Hopkins
25.3) Leone or DeGeorge
26,4) Hubbard III - verbal
5) Homles or Fornadel?
27.6) Campbell
28.7) Schafenacker

C
29.1) Crozier
30.2) Vechery (also plays OG)
31.3) Oak
5) Keating - PWO
6) Need an impact recruit at center pronto

TE
32.1) Myers
33.2) Bloom
34.3) Davis
35.4) Holman
36.5) Lee
37.6) Fitton - verbal <--looks like a solid blocker
7) unless we convert Garson or Hobbs (visiting), we could use another recruit.

DL
38.1) Fatusaki <--opt for the draft?
39.2) Ormsby
40.3) Atkins
41.4) Lawley
42.5) Okounam
43.6) Murphy
44.7) Brouse
45.8) Cummins - verbal
9) Josh Johnson?? <--ditto - frame to be another fatusaki? did take an official visit
10) Rayam/Wilcox/Thomas

LB/DE
46.1) Carrezola
47.2) Stapleton
48.3) Hobbs - verbal - maybe he will get a look at TE if we end up with Maize, Johnson or Kessler.
4) Maize ?? took an official visit with Uconn
5) Kessler?? took an official visit with Uconn

LB - the real LBs
49.3) Levenberry
50.4) Diggs
51.5) J. Joseph
52.6) Britton
LB pool below - no idea how to sort these guys yet
53.7) W. Richardson
54.8) Nizar Williams
55.9) AJ Garson (at 6'7'' - could be moved to TE)
56.10) Connor Freeborn (looked like a DE in HS)
57.11) Gilmartin
58.12) Dickens - verbal (maybe gets a look at FB)
59.13) Byczko - verbal
14) Gamble (scheduled to visit)
15) DeVera (scheduled to visit)

CB
60.1) Tre Bell
61.2) Coyle or Herring
62.3) Coyle or Herring
63.4) Robinson IV
64.5) Swenson - verbal <--probably has a good chance of playing as a frosh
65.6) Olaniyan - verbal
66.7) Swann - verbal

S
67.1) Summers <--can move back to CB if we have injuries
68.2) McCallister
69.3) Watkins
70.4) Garland
71.5) M. Terry
72.6) Hahn
73.7) Fortt - verbal
8) DeGroot? <--visited 12/10- could play WR

ST
74.1)Graham = P
75.2)Tarbutt = K
76.3) Zecchino = LS

No offense Exit4, but if we are thinking that one or more true freshman might crack the OL starting lineup, then next season is completely f#$ked...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No offense Exit4, but if we are thinking that one or more true freshman might crack the OL starting lineup, then next season is completely f#$ked...
Why would I be offended?

And our OL roster is such that yes, we could be looking at a true freshman playing regularly by mid season. I dont think any will play the first four weeks, but its possible as the season goes on.

PS - I have no reason given the level of play the past two years to think certain (I wont name names) players who have been on the squad the past couple seasons will actually rise to the occasion.

Reaction Score
I didn't want you sleeping well this winter.

The success of 2017 rides on i) the QB position and ii) Diaco's 2016 class which on paper has speed with Vickers, Hopkins, Skanes, Coyle, Herring and Dixon. We need a serious JUCO or QB transfer to Williams can spend 2017 practicing to give it another shot in 2018.

We are relying on Donovan Williams and a recruiting class that hasn't set foot on the field yet? After all of the b!tching about how poorly we've been recruiting? If that's the case then we will be terrible next year. Come back a year from now and tell me how wrong I was. I'd love that to be the case.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We are relying on Donovan Williams and a recruiting class that hasn't set foot on the field yet? After all of the b!tching about how poorly we've been recruiting? If that's the case then we will be terrible next year. Come back a year from now and tell me how wrong I was. I'd love that to be the case.
You think there is anyone on this board aside from Confident Carl that would argue your point at this hr?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Why would I be offended?

And our OL roster is such that yes, we could be looking at a true freshman playing regularly by mid season. I dont think any will play the first four weeks, but its possible as the season goes on.

PS - I have no reason given the level of play the past two years to think certain (I wont name names) players who have been on the squad the past couple seasons will actually rise to the occasion.

I'm just of the belief that OL is the roughest position for a true freshman to crack. Typically undersized, and without any understanding of the offense. The type of OL players that can start as freshman don't usually go to UCONN. They normally go to the SEC or B1G...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm just of the belief that OL is the roughest position for a true freshman to crack. Typically undersized, and without any understanding of the offense. The type of OL players that can start as freshman don't usually go to UCONN. They normally go to the SEC or B1G...
Absolutely...but have you looked at our depth? Anyway - until we bring in some JUCO help, its a possibility.

Reaction Score

Seriously, who are you arguing with? Who is saying you are wrong?

Reaction Score
Seriously, who are you arguing with? Who is saying you are wrong?

I'm not arguing with anybody. Simply stating my opinion of what next year will look like. Is a poster stating an opinion on an internet message board a strange concept to you?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
AJ Garson needs to see the field in 2017. Kid is big, strong and quick. DE opposite Luke C would be ideal. The two of them.....released to attack the QB could cause some serious damage to the opp while protecting the secondary. Disruption at the attack is much needed.
We have missed this big time since Trevardo Williams graduated.

Reaction Score
I'm not arguing with anybody. Simply stating my opinion of what next year will look like. Is a poster stating an opinion on an internet message board a strange concept to you?

You're asking someone to prove you wrong . . . odd considering nobody has indicated that they think you are.

Reaction Score
You're asking someone to prove you wrong . . . odd considering nobody has indicated that they think you are.

You're reading the context of that wrong. I'm openly hoping that I'm wrong and would gladly have this thrown in my face next year.

Reaction Score
You're reading the context of that wrong. I'm openly hoping that I'm wrong and would gladly have this thrown in my face next year.

15644615_10154148711741765_136414052_n.png

Reaction Score
Absolutely...but have you looked at our depth? Anyway - until we bring in some JUCO help, its a possibility.
Hopefully that GS that took the OV the awards weekend with the other potential recruits comes here and helps fill out/plug in our OL...along with maybe anothe GS or JUCO transfer

Reaction Score
AJ Garson needs to see the field in 2017. Kid is big, strong and quick. DE opposite Luke C would be ideal. The two of them.....released to attack the QB could cause some serious damage to the opp while protecting the secondary. Disruption at the attack is much needed.
We have missed this big time since Trevardo Williams graduated.

Trevardo had something none of our edge rushers seem to have...SPEED. Hoping AJ has some.

Reaction Score
Ktuck, Stevens has left the program he graduated early...
Happy Jalen Stevens finished and got his degree. Here's hoping he latches on elsewhere and suits up for his final year of eligibility as a grad student and finishes his playing career on his terms. Coming out of HS I really thought he'd come in and provide similar play that Trevardo Williams provided... undersized edge rusher with speed. He had like 20 sacks his SR year coming out of HS IIRC.
Got a bad deal with all the changes up top. But he persevered and got hhis. I'm a fan. He got outof the experience what he was supposed to, first and foremost.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There are about 15 kids we are tracking that I think we have real good odds of landing that are scholarship worthy. If we land 15 more, then we need approx 5 or 6 kids to exit the program or gray shirt.

Overall, I'm much more bullish on our recruiting this year particularly if we land crawford, mckenzie, jones, gamble or any of those nj kids.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Trevardo had something none of our edge rushers seem to have...SPEED. Hoping AJ has some.
We have young players with speed. They have yet to be "allowed" to showcase it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are about 15 kids we are tracking that I think we have real good odds of landing that are scholarship worthy. If we land 15 more, then we need approx 5 or 6 kids to exit the program or gray shirt .

Some of these "offers" - can be PWO type deals. Won't necessarily know until signing day...

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis switched back to QB if Diaco can't get a grad transfer or a decent JUCO to sign on. According to Diaco the only reason Davis moved to TE was that he was too good of a player/athlete to not be on the field somewhere and at the time he had Sherrifs, Anderson and Williams in front of him. The only one in front of him now is Williams unless somebody else comes in and grabs the reins from Williams.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis switched back to QB if Diaco can't get a grad transfer or a decent JUCO to sign on. According to Diaco the only reason Davis moved to TE was that he was too good of a player/athlete to not be on the field somewhere and at the time he had Sherrifs, Anderson and Williams in front of him. The only one in front of him now is Williams unless somebody else comes in and grabs the reins from Williams.
I don't know..from the looks of his play last year during the spring game I can see why Diaco made the move. He has no accuracy and no touch on his throws.

Reaction Score
I don't know..from the looks of his play last year during the spring game I can see why Diaco made the move. He has no accuracy and no touch on his throws.
I didn't see the Spring game so your probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom