The Swin, Tina & Kiah... | The Boneyard

The Swin, Tina & Kiah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
...contingent have just secured the #1 seed.

Tiff's team wins by 30, with a mildly weird stat. Four of the starters score 14/15. The fifth scores 0.
Anybody know why Angel isn't a starter?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
wire chief said:
...contingent have just secured the #1 seed. Tiff's team wins by 30, with a mildly weird stat. Four of the starters score 14/15. The fifth scores 0. Anybody know why Angel isn't a starter?

Lachina Robinson mentioned it on air the other night about how Michael Cooper wants the team to not rely on Angel so much but instead work together to start the games and then bring her into after. Angel seemed to agree. She still leads the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tiff's team was playing an L.A. team that clinched a playoff berth and was resting Candace, Nneka, et al., so it wasn't a representative game.

Swin is not the player that she used to be, but she still brings energy, leadership, and court awareness. I've seen her make some great passes this year, including last night.

Kiah was more assertive offensively last night. She also had more than 1 block that was her official stat. I thought she could have played a little better on defense, but she harassed Kelsey Bone, who has become a good player, and kept the Sun guards out of the lane.

Tina was, well, one of the best players in the world. Her offensive repertoire is impressive.

I don't know if Piph is a better player than Cappie at this point, but I think she's generally been a better shooter, which is what NY needs.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tina was, well, one of the best players in the world. Her offensive repertoire is impressive.

You can say that again! Two things really stand out for me with Tina these days: 1) her decision-making is so much quicker than it used to be 2) the range on her jumper has definitely improved, and she's not afraid to take it. When she shoots, it's smooth with nice rotation and touch, even from 18 ft. And from what I've seen, she has a very solid FG% on those shots. Not like she didn't have some range before, but it's definitely better now.

I don't know if Piph is a better player than Cappie at this point,

I would certainly take Piph over Cappie at this point. Cappie can still get it done but Piph is the real 'Vinnie the Microwave' of this league, but with better consistency.

To me, Piph is one of the top 3 or 4 pure shooters in the league, as far as touch and rhythm on her shot. Just deadly. Toliver is another.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I would certainly take Piph over Cappie at this point. .

Piph is certainly better than Cappie when she's interested. She wasn't very interested last year for the Sky. Coming home seems to have helped her greatly.

Put differently, 2015 Cappie is better than 2014 Prince, but 2015 Prince is significantly better than 2015 Cappie.

I think Cappie was a little miscast with the Liberty. She thrives playing off a pure point like Vandersloot. Seems like Piph actually wants the ball in her hands a little more, so the trade worked well in that Cappie is a better fit for Chicago and Piph is a better fit for NY.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that Piph enjoys being in her hometown and playing with her buddy Tina.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think that Piph enjoys being in her hometown and playing with her buddy Tina.

Yes, though, she and Tamera Young (together "Pinky and the Brain") were very tight, so I think the location is the bigger thing. She was understandably homesick.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, though, she and Tamera Young (together "Pinky and the Brain") were very tight, so I think the location is the bigger thing. She was understandably homesick.
I guess Chicago is no New Brunswick. :)

Reaction Score
Lachina Robinson mentioned it on air the other night about how Michael Cooper wants the team to not rely on Angel so much but instead work together to start the games and then bring her into after. Angel seemed to agree. She still leads the team.
Earlier in the year LaChina said that Angel told them that she was really hurting from all the playing in the last year with the World Game/Overseas league etc. That's why she wanted a little break.

Kudos to her for not making a big deal about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom