The Summitt... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Summitt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nah, you can't learn to be an idiot - people are usually born that way. I guess they could be more susceptible to dumb stuff that's repeated ad nauseum, though. Scary to think these people can vote.

Hence why "insert name of whichever current or past president one may dislike" was elected. ;)

Reaction Score
So the Maya/UConn story has morphed from UConn buying her mother a house (until discovered she rented) to giving her a job (until discovered she owned a business) to violating NCAA rules by allowing her to sign a license agreement and produce merchandise with the UConn logo (even though the NCAA has ruled that's not a violation) to giving her preferential treatment by allowing her to sell the licensed merchandise through the UConn Coop (even though the license agreement requires that all UConn merchandise be sold through approved retailers such as the Coop) to the Louisville Board's contribution to the story which is that Geno just gave Maya a bag of cash. These Louisville fans sure give the LV fans a run for their money on the idiocy meter. They're like children playing a game of telephone.

And they are just now bringing up the three-year-old story about Geno, Angel and the NC ring. Angel loved the joke and has always had great things to say about Geno. She loves him. Unbelievable.

Stay classy Lville fans!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd seriously forgot that Louisville played in the National Title game. Hope they enjoyed their visit to the Final 4... they wont be getting back anytime soon.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'd seriously forgot that Louisville played in the National Title game. Hope they enjoyed their visit to the Final 4... they wont be getting back anytime soon.
Actually, we have nothing against Louisville. Apparently the feeling isn't returned.

Reaction Score

Louisville will be very good next year. Return 4 starters + 2 key players who were injured. Should be a top 10 team; certainly could make the F4.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Louisville will be very good next year. Return 4 starters + 2 key players who were injured. Should be a top 10 team; certainly could make the F4.

yeah... i forgot about that..... guess its too late to edit my post since i've been quoted twice :oops:

I still dont like them :cool:

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Actually, we HAD nothing against Louisville. Apparently the feeling isn't returned.

Fixed for you Nan. A couple of idiot fans change everything.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Fixed for you Nan. A couple of idiot fans change everything.
I'd agree with you if we UConn fans didn't have our share of idiots, too. The UConn idiots don't represent all Husky fans any more than two Louisville idiots represent all Cardinals fans.

U

UCONNfan1

I certainly would think L'ville will be good, but you can pretty much "pen" it in (not pencil) that UCONN, Baylor and Duke should be heavy favorites to be at the final 4.

Of the remaining teams fighting it out for the last spot, aTm, Maryland, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Louisville, and who else am I missing? Yeah I guess I don't disagree with you. It's not like you said "lock for the final 4". They will certainly be in the hunt...

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'd agree with you if we UConn fans didn't have our share of idiots, too. The UConn idiots don't represent all Husky fans any more than two Louisville idiots represent all Cardinals fans.
I'm not aware of any UConn fans who make stuff up or lie. Well, one maybe but that one's been on ignore for years so I can't be sure.

So you might have a point.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I certainly would think L'ville will be good, but you can pretty much "pen" it in (not pencil) that UCONN, Baylor and Duke should be heavy favorites to be at the final 4.

Of the remaining teams fighting it out for the last spot, aTm, Maryland, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Louisville, and who else am I missing? Yeah I guess I don't disagree with you. It's not like you said "lock for the final 4". They will certainly be in the hunt...

Stanford...... possibly Penn State.

Reaction Score

I agree with most of the teams you mention as possible Final 4 teams but I certainly don't think Notre Dame has a chance at all. I mean, of course, everyone has a chance but the odds are so astronomical against them it isn't funny. They had a fifth year season dominated team last year and a very seasoned team the year before. This year they'll pay the price for not seasoning some of their other players in the past two years.

Reaction Score
Nan says that what is really scary is that these folks are allowed to vote. I can't believe that they are even allowed to voice such biased lies. I guess that is what makes this country great though. I still don't believe they wrote what they did. To me it sounded like a couple of 14 year olds that were jealous of Geno and UCONN's success.

I have always liked and respected Jeff Walz.If it wasn't for him, I don't think Brenda Freze would have a Nat. Championship under her belt. I think Louisville, and Notre Dame will be in the hunt for Final Fours in the years to come. You can't overlook Notre Dame this year either. They do have Skyler and Achonwa back, and a talented recruiting class that is somewhat underrated. I think Michaela Mabrey is special and will be a 4 year starter.

Reaction Score
Actually, we have nothing against Louisville. Apparently the feeling isn't returned.

Nan, its not all their fans that feel this way, just a few brainless morons!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As Nan said, we have our share if idiots too. Most of them, Nan and JS has banned from this board.

We barely can say anything negative against a coach without being repremanded and the post either deleted or the thread locked.

NOTHING as reprehensible as that post saying Geno paid Moore to play at UConn would last more than the time it took to type before it was deleted.

No comparison, Nan. Thanks to the mods.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As Nan said, we have our share if idiots too. Most of them, Nan and JS has banned from this board.

We barely can say anything negative against a coach without being repremanded and the post either deleted or the thread locked.

NOTHING as reprehensible as that post saying Geno paid Moore to play at UConn would last more than the time it took to type before it was deleted.

No comparison, Nan. Thanks to the mods.
I appreciate the thanks, dd, even if you did feel compelled to stick the zinger in there.

It's not true that you can't say anything negative about coaches, even Geno. But what you can't do is speculate on things for which we don't have a shred of evidence, in other words, start untrue rumors that might damage someone's reputation. That bothers you even though, ironically, that's what most people bash the Summit for, including you in your zinger post to me.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I appreciate the thanks, dd, even if you did feel compelled to stick the zinger in there.

It's not true that you can't say anything negative about coaches, even Geno. But what you can't do is speculate on things for which we don't have a shred of evidence, in other words, start untrue rumors that might damage someone's reputation. That bothers you even though, ironically, that's what most people bash the Summit for, including you in your zinger post to me.

Zinger? Me??..lol.

I guess I just haven't seen where I have speculated on anything. There were a certain amount of returning players and verbals. In order for the 15 player roster be met, players had to decommit or transfer. UNC also accepted verbals (or allowed them to be made) when they had a full 15 already. None of that is speculation.

Now, 2 players have transferred and 2 have decommitted. That is not speculation.

So, when I post that I think that stinks, why is that consisdered speculation and the thread locked?

I tried to PM you and JS but you didn't reply. I'd be happy to communicate in PM's about this.

Reaction Score
Zinger? Me??..lol.

I guess I just haven't seen where I have speculated on anything. There were a certain amount of returning players and verbals. In order for the 15 player roster be met, players had to decommit or transfer. UNC also accepted verbals (or allowed them to be made) when they had a full 15 already. None of that is speculation.

Now, 2 players have transferred and 2 have decommitted. That is not speculation.

So, when I post that I think that stinks, why is that consisdered speculation and the thread locked?

I tried to PM you and JS but you didn't reply. I'd be happy to communicate in PM's about this.

The main thing I'll miss about the Summit was the weekly witch hunts trying to figure out which troll was you, doggydaddy! ;)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The main thing I'll miss about the Summit was the weekly witch hunts trying to figure out which troll was you, doggydaddy! ;)

What was funny is NONE of them were. I promised Maria I wouldn't post on The Summitt and I held to that except for one post expressing my condolences about Pat's illness. If course, several posters replied with the usual insults and calling me insincere. Morons.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Our moderators are disciplinarians who make us behave.

On that other board the moderator is an agitator who encourages posters to misbehave

On the Bose, now playing, "Put Another Log On the Fire," sung by Tompaul Glaser.

Reaction Score
What was funny is NONE of them were. I promised Maria I wouldn't post on The Summitt and I held to that except for one post expressing my condolences about Pat's illness. If course, several posters replied with the usual insults and calling me insincere. Morons.

Really...you had some serious angst going on over there...that's priceless! :cool:

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...Notre Dame...had a fifth year season dominated team last year and a very seasoned team the year before. This year they'll pay the price for not seasoning some of their other players in the past two years.
:)

UConn’s going to pepper 'em good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member