The Strike Zone | The Boneyard

The Strike Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Remeber when we knew the strike zone was the letters to the knees? And over the last few years we have seen it lowered to be more like the crotch to the ankles. MLB now sees the recent drop in runs and rise in Ks as a result of the new strikezone.

And perhaps a change is gonna come...

K

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's a good idea to enforce. Question is, can they do it? I imagine many low strikes will still be called - it's a tougher pitch for the ump to get right. But if more high pitches are called, that's a good thing.

Bumgarner lives up there so he gets calls. He establishes the high pitch early and umps get used to it. Pitchers who live low in the zone not so much. I'd love to see the high pitch called regularly. Everyone should learn to hit like Pablo Sandoval or Josh Harrison - guys with heat maps that are almost all red because if it's near the plate regardless of height, they're swinging and getting hits.

Reaction Score
They hardly call the waist now. It needs to go up, not necessarily letters high but just below that. The hitters have too big of a zone now, especially the one's the umps give too much credit to. I'm fine not going low, knees should be it, but it does really need to get back up to where it is actually a strike but rarely called these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg
Top Bottom