The State: Long feature article on A'ja Wilson | The Boneyard

The State: Long feature article on A'ja Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Interesting to see that she has a very close relationship to 2014 USC commit Kaydra Duckett, calling her the younger sister she never had.

“(Duckett and I are) really, really close,” Wilson recently said. “She’s my younger sister that I never had.”

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Nice kid and nice family. Wish her well and hope she comes here!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
If A'ja doesn't come to USC, I hope she's a Husky. I just don't think she is a good fit for UNC or UT.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
If A'ja doesn't come to USC, I hope she's a Husky. I just don't think she is a good fit for UNC or UT.

Where do you (as a USC fan) think Wilson is headed?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Where do you (as a USC fan) think Wilson is headed?
I think she's coming to USC.

1) From what I've read, A'ja seems to be very close to her family and they will get to see most of her games if she's a Gamecock.
2) Dawn Staley has proven that she will turn USC into a national power, so she doesn't have to worry about the ability to win championships while she's here.
3) A'ja has several close friends who are already Gamecocks or will be joining the team next season.
4) Between school and basketball, A'ja has still found time to attend many USC women's games this season, along with other sports.

What do you think?

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
You're welcome; what's your take on where she will go?

I think she is "stayin home".........

with that said if she doesnt I think she comes to UCONN.

All the reasons you gave are what I have come to believe at this time. And I am ok with it. On to the 2015 class.

Reaction Score
I think if she is committing to South Carolina it could come any day now
that her basketball season is finally over. Good luck to her wherever she
decides to go. Uconn has a great class coming in next year and we just
move on to the 2015 recruiting class which could be really big.

Reaction Score
I think she's coming to USC.

1) From what I've read, A'ja seems to be very close to her family and they will get to see most of her games if she's a Gamecock.
2) Dawn Staley has proven that she will turn USC into a national power, so she doesn't have to worry about the ability to win championships while she's here.
3) A'ja has several close friends who are already Gamecocks or will be joining the team next season.
4) Between school and basketball, A'ja has still found time to attend many USC women's games this season, along with other sports.

What do you think?

Point #2 is suspect and based on projection, not history. Just remember, Notre Dame has won precisely ONE National Championship, and that was in a year where UConn had TWO All-Americans get hit with season-ending injuries.

If A'ja goes to South Carolina, she's betting against the odds if she truly wants a National Championship or two during her college career.

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You're welcome; what's your take on where she will go?
From everything I've heard its between USC and UConn. USC if she wants to stay close to home and UConn if it comes down to playing BB. I'm not sure what to think about where she will go. UConn offers everything and they always seem to be competing for a NC. USC is having a good season for the first time in a long time. They need more then Wilson to compete for a NC. This season they most likely will be a 2 seed. The biggest difference. Opportunities like UConn come along once in a lifetime. UConn is already built a consistent powerhouse. USC is still far from attaining what UConn has managed to do year after year.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
From everything I've heard its between USC and UConn. USC if she wants to stay close to home and UConn if it comes down to playing BB. I'm not sure what to think about where she will go. UConn offers everything and they always seem to be competing for a NC. USC is having a good season for the first time in a long time. They need more then Wilson to compete for a NC. This season they most likely will be a 2 seed. The biggest difference. Opportunities like UConn come along once in a lifetime. UConn is already built a consistent powerhouse. USC is still far from attaining what UConn has managed to do year after year.

I don't disagree with your post; it depends on if she wants to accomplish something new somewhere or if she wants to continue an existing legacy. Either one is a good option.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with your post; it depends on if she wants to accomplish something new somewhere or if she wants to continue an existing legacy. Either one is a good option.
If its me and this is just me I want to play for the best, with the best and win a NC. Its not guaranteed at UConn but UConn is there every year and with the players UConn has today and with next years class and with Asia Durr a strong lean to UConn I would think UConn is the team to beat for the next 6 years. If I'm a top player I want to play for UConn because they are the best. Add in a group high school freshman who are playing on the same AAU team and all have said they want to play for UConn well UConn is going to be competing for the NC for quite a few more years. All these hs freshman are over 6'0. One thing Wilson dosnt have to worry about and that's playtime. I like UConns chances just because A'ja played with MoJeff Tuck and Stewart on team USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom