The Stanford game 11/17 | The Boneyard

The Stanford game 11/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just booked my travel plans for the Stanford game. So excited! But more excited that I will be able to spend an entire weekend with my son - with a little basketball thrown in on Monday.

I am flying into San Jose staying nearby instead of SFO. Partly for cost, but mostly because my son lives less than 5 miles from the SJC airport. Airfare was about the same as SFO on Southwest, but it will be much easier to get back and forth to my son's apartment and was able to get a decent rate at a San Jose hotel with the added bonus of two free nights with award points and certificates.

As an extra special bonus...I did not realize that the Winchester Mystery House is in San Jose. I have always wanted to do that tour. I have seen a few tv shows featuring it and it is fascinatingly weird. Looking forward to actually seeing it first hand

It will be a quick cross country trip - fly out on Friday, back on Tuesday, but it will be a great get away filled with fun stuff.

Now I just need to find tickets to the game. My son has friends who are Stanford alums or in grad school. Might have him see if he can tap into those resources to get me a ticket.

Anyone else planning on making the trip?

Reaction Score
Not me. But I will live through your reporting :) Keep us posted. Sounds like you guys are going to have fun, especially at the Winchester Mystery House. My wife went to the Flashlight tour in June, with her sister. I guess that is a very special event, every Friday the 13th and you are touring the mansion at night. I guess the tour is expensive, something around $30-$50 bucks. I told my wife, at those prices "Hopefully you saw a ghost and had dinner with the ghost." Jeez But have fun and keep us posted.

Reaction Score
If tickets are obtainable, my wife and I may fly out for the Davis and Stanford games. We attended the Stanford game when the streak was broken, so it'd be nice to be in the arena again for (we hope) a win. Our Arizona location doesn't give us much opportunity to see games without a really costly effort, so this may be our best chance to see this edition of the team.

Reaction Score
I live north of SF and checked into Stanford tickets two years ago. The only ones listed as available on their site were over $100, perhaps $150. and were on the corner of the court. I went to the Pacific game instead ad got first row center court for about $10. I will be booking tickets for the Davis game when they become available. Check your Stanford contacts quickly, as in tomorrow morning. Good luck.

Reaction Score
You know, that's a strange thing. I went to the Pacific game as well, and had the same experience there. I have fond memories of all those folks -- literally, standing room, being so welcoming and enjoying the fact that the top team in the country was in their house for one night.

Anyway, I ordered tickets to the Sanford game from the university. They had tickets -- not great ones, but decent, and I picked up two. I don't remember how much they were, but it was not outrageous, because, being cheap, I would have never bought them.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
You know, that's a strange thing. I went to the Pacific game as well, and had the same experience there. I have fond memories of all those folks -- literally, standing room, being so welcoming and enjoying the fact that the top team in the country was in their house for one night.

Anyway, I ordered tickets to the Sanford game from the university. They had tickets -- not great ones, but decent, and I picked up two. I don't remember how much they were, but it was not outrageous, because, being cheap, I would have never bought them.

I went to the Stanford site and could not find any tickets for sale except for season tix. Can you tell me where you ordered them?

Had the same problem with Davis as well.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Unless you buy season tickets, the first way they offer tickets to the UCONN game is as a "mini plan" http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30600&ATCLID=208617563 - which means you have to buy tickets for the UCONN game and usually three or four other games - which ends up costing about $120-$130. Or you can wait until they offer the single game tickets (if there are any left over). Two years ago, there were single game tickets available up to a couple of weeks before the game.

Reaction Score
My son will tap into his local Stanford connections to get me a ticket. Glad he is so social. Most of his Cali friends are Stanford alums or grad students

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Unless you buy season tickets, the first way they offer tickets to the UCONN game is as a "mini plan" http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30600&ATCLID=208617563 - which means you have to buy tickets for the UCONN game and usually three or four other games - which ends up costing about $120-$130. Or you can wait until they offer the single game tickets (if there are any left over). Two years ago, there were single game tickets available up to a couple of weeks before the game.

Thanks for the link, but both it and the individual game page just say "check back in July".

Faugh!

Reaction Score
I went to the Stanford site and could not find any tickets for sale except for season tix. Can you tell me where you ordered them?

Had the same problem with Davis as well.
They are not for sale yet. I think they are offered on the school website after regular classes begin.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I checked the last time I got tickets for this game - it was in September, 2012. The time before that was the first week of August 2010. I think if you wait a week or two, the game plan tickets will be on sale.

Reaction Score
Have your son stop by the ticket office after Labor day..........

Reaction Score
I'd like to go to both the Stanford and Davis games, but will probably only go to the Davis game(if I can).

Reaction Score
I don't remember the details, but I'm certain I got tickets early, but after school started. I remember thinking at the time that it did not seem hard to do. We planned the trip maybe 4-6 weeks before the event. Again, things may be different now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom