The Single Most Frustrating Thing...... | The Boneyard

The Single Most Frustrating Thing......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
....from today's game:

Without fail, every single time the team gained some momentum, we did something to ruin it. All but maybe 2 or 3 of those times it was the offensive play call that destroyed the momentum.

The only exceptions: NC State TD after the big sack and once maybe twice with a penalty on the oline. For me the rest are all on DeLeone. Your new QB or stud RB makes a nice play for a nice gain. oh, time for the wildcat!!! or maybe run up the gut for the next 2 plays. vomit.

Anybody else thinking the same thing?

Reaction Score
....from today's game:

Without fail, every single time the team gained some momentum, we did something to ruin it. All but maybe 2 or 3 of those times it was the offensive play call that destroyed the momentum.

The only exceptions: NC State TD after the big sack and once maybe twice with a penalty on the oline. For me the rest are all on DeLeone. Your new QB or stud RB makes a nice play for a nice gain. oh, time for the wildcat!!! or maybe run up the gut for the next 2 plays. vomit.

Yup!!

Reaction Score
....from today's game:

Yes. Anyone else notice that they run the Wildcat on second downs after a 5 yard gain on first?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I really dislike the Wildcat, and now it looks like they are trying to expand on it! I'm not sure why Mike Smith is running the Wildcat half of the time now. If I'm not mistaken, we had 2 false starts with Mike Smith as the Wildcat QB to compound the problem. I'm not blaming Mike; I'm blaming the constant use and tweaking of the Wildcat...

Reaction Score
I don't know how that wildcat causes a ripple to opposing defenses as he says... Lol I don't know what DeLeone sees

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The Wildcat requires absolutely elite athletes to gash defenses. Or a a QB that is an average thrower and good runner. McCummings is not an average thrower.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The Wildcat requires absolutely elite athletes to gash defenses. Or a a QB that is an average thrower and good runner. McCummings is not an average thrower.

And again, half the time they are using Mike Smith to run it now. Can Mike Smith throw?? (I don't know the answer to that, but I think I do) Talk about a situation where the defense can stack 8 in the box and not worry about anything else happening to them!!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
And again, half the time they are using Mike Smith to run it now. Can Mike Smith throw?? (I don't know the answer to that, but I think I do) Talk about a situation where the defense can stack 8 in the box and not worry about anything else happening to them!!
When they run it with Smith they put Whitmer at WR. The idea is the defense has to waste a defender covering Whitmer just in case. Then you run the ball with 9 blockers instead of wasting a guy that could be blocking at the WR position. It also opens the door for trick plays like the one we saw against UMass. They did not do anything creative with it today though.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
ChinDiesel called it right in the chat - when your center and guards are getting whipped, nothing is going to look very pretty

Reaction Score
They did not do anything creative with it today though.

No $herlock :mad: Must be saving the real scoring plays for next week so we don't go ofer against the mighty ACC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom