The Search Will Be Quick | The Boneyard

The Search Will Be Quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
President's will be meeting starting May 21st in Florida.

I can't imagine a scenario where they don't have a list of finalists vetted and prepared for the university presidents to vote.

Which leads me to another point.

The timing of the resignation, the interim commissioner and the search firm all hired reeks of a simple rule in firings/forced resignations. Never do it unless you know you have a better candidate lined up already (a corollary of dance with the one you know rather than the unknown).

Reports with sources from the conference offices says this has been brewing for weeks, again leading me to believe the next commissioner has already been approached by a third party and approved by league presidents.

No way they get rid of marinara four months prior to major negotiations formally starting without having someone they are comfortable with as a replacement.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I've heard Regis Philbin may be looking for a new gig. Big East Commish?;)

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I've heard Regis Philbin may be looking for a new gig. Big East Commish?;)

Only if Kelly sits next to him at all of his pressers...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Let's hope you are right, Chin.

Reaction Score
Send your resumes in guys. No time to waste. If I don't see Palatine or BL on that potential list, it would be a damn shame. Good luck!

Reaction Score
Reading the comments from AD's around the Big EAst, and doing my own digging online, I reach the same conclusion as Mr. Diesel. I was completely surprised by this decision this morning, and the fact that the news was broken by a news agency from "league sources", and contained information which contradicts wholly, how the business hasactually transpired according to at least one league president in an AP report come out later tonight with quotes directly from the president....... our president.

Smells like mole hunt to me,and a successful one.

I woudln't trust anything you're reading / hearing from media sources, about the business of Big East athletics moving forward as we get closer and closer to actually being at the bargaining tables again. Unless it's coming directly from a unversity president that is goig to be accountable for what they say as truth or lies, I'm definitely not trusting anything I read in the media about big east business matters until the next media deal is signed and delivered.

Trust, a bond of trust between the Big East and ESPN that was personal and spanning 30+ years from the foundation of both businss entities which were founded hand in hand - was severely shattered in 2011.

THe big east leadership, is working very hard to establish that trust amongst themselves again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is Kelly Ripa close to the ultimate 3rdbass?

The correct answer is Jessica Alba and all other answers are not only wrong but it calls in to question your ability to process visual information rationally (not that talking about MILFs requires rational thinking, but you get the point. Maybe).

Reaction Score
Reports with sources from the conference offices says this has been brewing for weeks, again leading me to believe the next commissioner has already been approached by a third party and approved by league presidents.
Yes, a then third party, Joe Bailey, before he became the BE interim commissioner, or his colleagues with Greenwich-headquartered RSR Partners. Yes, that's precisely one role of the executive, board and leadership retained recruiting firm led by Greenwich resident, Russell S. Reynolds, Jr. ...

Reaction Score
The correct answer is Jessica Alba and all other answers are not only wrong but it calls in to question your ability to process visual information rationally (not that talking about MILFs requires rational thinking, but you get the point. Maybe).
Only if Halle Berry, Salma Hayek, and Jessica Simpson have left the planet.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Only if Halle Berry, Salma Hayek, and Jessica Simpson have left the planet.

I'll give partial credit for Halle Berry.

Selma Hayek? No thanks.

Jessica Simpson? She blew up like a beast during her pregnancy. She's not even in the debate until she takes off the baby weight.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Jessica Alba is yummy.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I kinda wish I was Jay-Z (in more ways than one)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom