The saddest part of this | The Boneyard

The saddest part of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The window is open right now for Uconn to take over New England football and become a regional power. BC has bottomed, Penn State is impaired. the only other team anyone in the northeast cares about is ND and the Huskies could have had them on schedule for a couple years. UConn had an opportunity to take that fiesta bowl game and build a real program. Edsall leaving should not have mattered. At all. Instead, by hiring an apparently out-of-his-era coach and having an administration that got caught sleeping, Uconn football is on its deathbed.

I was one of the most vocal opponents on this board of hiring PP. and he was my gym teacher in elementary school. I felt the bozos in Providence pushed him on Hathaway, who was out of his element in terms of looking at how to build a football prgram. But this performance is even worse than my imagined worse case. I thought it would take three or four years to ruin football in CT. It took 16 games. I only hope Warde and Susan do the right thing and buy this guy and his staff out and find a young, energetic guy who can get fans and recruits excited by playing a hard nosed, intelligent brand of football. We all grew up on the Parcells and Coughlin giants and belichick Patriots. that kind of football sells tickets and wins over fan bases. I don;t know that guy is (it sounds like a young edsall philosopically, but without the self-promotion and terrible game management). I say this becasue when Calhoun retired, I watched those highlights from the NIT and dream Seasons and noticed the HCC and MSG rocking with Uconn fans. that team MATTERED with the fans here and there is no reason why a football team that plays great D and smart efficient offense with a charasmatic coach would not resonate the same way.

One thing...I want PP gone tomorrow. If he is still coaching in December, then you know the admin thinks we are stuck for a long time in this crap conference and it doesn't matter who the coach is becasue the future upside of the program is the Pinstripe bowl anyways. Why waste the money? the fan base is gone. Was talking to a friend tonight...he said he can't wait until next year so he can sell his michigan tickets and recoup the money he's wasted the last couple seasons. It was a sad statement. I have 12 season tickets. Do I want to see Uconn lose by 40 at home next year? Or sell my tickets for $75 or $100 apiece to local Michigan fans? man this sucks.

Reaction Score
One thing...I want PP gone tomorrow. If he is still coaching in December, then you know the admin thinks we are stuck for a long time in this crap conference and it doesn't matter who the coach is becasue the future upside of the program is the Pinstripe bowl anyways. Why waste the money? the fan base is gone. Was talking to a friend tonight...he said he can't wait until next year so he can sell his michigan tickets and recoup the money he's wasted the last couple seasons. It was a sad statement. I have 12 season tickets. Do I want to see Uconn lose by 40 at home next year? Or sell my tickets for $75 or $100 apiece to local Michigan fans? man this sucks.

Never going to happen. When was the last time a school has fired a coach mid season, due to poor performance on the field? Anyone know? It must have happened before, but I have been watching college football for 25 years and I can't remember the last time that happened.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
New England?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hell, with what happened at PSU, the entire northeast is up for grabs.

Reaction Score
the tomorrow was a figure of speech. And the northeast is in play, but realistically NYC and new england is Uconn's hotbed

Reaction Score
Kevin, you are correct on all counts. PP was a terrible hire. A quick, easy, conservative, lazy, unimaginative hire by a poor athletic director (a recycled, retread given the position when Lew Perkins left). Geez for once can Connecticut be bold.

Reaction Score
I'm telling you.

We do not have much time. We simply can't afford to wait another year to see how this will turn out. It's just not worth the risk.

Pretty sure one half of the team isn't buying what P and D are selling. So it's not like you have to worry about a player exodus.

Hopefully the next HC embraces Urban Meyer's philosophy which seems to be in style; keep the defensive coordinator on for at least a season. It really aids in transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom