The Revenant | The Boneyard

The Revenant

Reaction Score
I'm sure you're all seeing the commercials hitting the airwaves like mad. I know DiCaprio can be a divisive figure but I think he's one of the best working actors out there. Also after Birdman last year, Alejandro González Iñárritu appears to be operating at an entirely different level than what most directors are at the moment. The trailer, for me, is channeling a ton of inspiration from Terrence Malick and the forced perspective gives the set pieces some crazy kineticism.

I can't wait for it.

Reaction Score
I'm sure you're all seeing the commercials hitting the airwaves like mad. I know DiCaprio can be a divisive figure but I think he's one of the best working actors out there. Also after Birdman last year, Alejandro González Iñárritu appears to be operating at an entirely different level than what most directors are at the moment. The trailer, for me, is channeling a ton of inspiration from Terrence Malick and the forced perspective gives the set pieces some crazy kineticism.

I can't wait for it.

I also can't wait for it. I think most people agree that DiCaprio and Hardy are really good actors and everything Inarritu touches is gold, Amores Perros is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Reaction Score
Finally watched it and loved it, the person I was with hated it. One of the most visually beautiful films I've ever seen.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Saw it the other day. Disappointed. Extremely slow and the payoff/ending was terrible. Thought Tom Hardy did a much better job than DiCaprio. Certainly not DiCaprio's best work.

Reaction Score
Mixed bag of responses in a short thread so far.

I thought it was too long and the payoff was predictable and anti-climactic. I thought differently of the actors though. I thought DiCaprio was very good and I wish they put subtitles on Hardy like they did for the Native Americans. I only understood about every 4th word he mumbled through the entire movie.

The cinematography was amazing and I read they only used natural light which took it to another level for me. And the opening battle and the bear scene are worth the ticket alone.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The cinematography was amazing and I read they only used natural light which took it to another level for me. And the opening battle and the bear scene are worth the ticket alone.
I agree the bear attack was very well done.

Reaction Score
Saw it yesterday. Loved it. A little too long? Possibly, but I knew it was 2:30 going in so I just enjoyed it for what it was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom