The Refs in this League Suck | The Boneyard

The Refs in this League Suck

Reaction Score
I know we are not playing well and are shorthanded, but the refs in this league absolutely suck.

Brimah was completely taken out of the game and Facey can't get a call either.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I know we are not playing well and are shorthanded, but the refs in this league absolutely suck.

Brimah was completely taken out of the game and Facey can't get a call either.

The refs didn't make Brimah take a T when he got 2 absolute lock fouls.

That play's a foul.
It was a foul last year.
It's a foul this year.
It's always been a foul, he's always done it, he's never learned to stop doing it.

At a certain point, it stops being on the player.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

That play's a foul.
It was a foul last year.
It's a foul this year.
It's always been a foul, he's always done it, he's never learned to stop doing it.

The first foul on Facey was a joke, replay clearly showed that. Not saying we haven't been horrible but he's got a point.

Reaction Score
Can't blame the refs. However, I did watch the first travel they called on Vance 10 times and I still don't know how that was a travel.

Reaction Score

That play's a foul.
It was a foul last year.
It's a foul this year.

He's frustrated. If the coach won't protect him, he should protect himself. Good for Brimah. He has put up with this for 4 years.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I totally agree

Only we travel, touch fouls on us on the offensive end and NONE on them

Vance Jackson was drilled to the body, no call. Facey was popped in the head, jump ball. Both of Facey's fouls were on the offensive end, both were weak. One creates a turnover, the other gives them to free throws.

The refs in this league aren't qualified to do CYO games

and Brimah's T was the result of their inconsistent idiocy, there's only so much people can take sometimes, he's frustrated and it's not all on him

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
every call is on us or against us, on both sides of the ball

every block, every charge, every travel, every no call, against us

we suck, but they're piling on, yet again

zls44

Reaction Score
He's frustrated. If the coach won't protect him, he should protect himself. Good for Brimah. He has put up with this for 4 years.

It is not the coach's job to protect a player who commits fouls from the refs. It's their job to teach him how to stop fouling.

Because he fouls. A lot.

Reaction Score
Even Len Elmore, notorious dingbat, mentioned the crazy calls against Facey. But they were manhandled regardless.

Reaction Score
Even Len Elmore, notorious dingbat, mentioned the crazy calls against Facey. But they were manhandled regardless.
Those two Facey calls pretty much back to back were the ONLY calls I had a problem with

zls44

Reaction Score
I hate to interject some actual facts here, but...the AAC is in the first year of a new ref setup. They share refs with the SEC and the Atlantic Sun. The difference in the new deal is that the AAC gets first pick on this pool of refs and the newer guys develop working mostly A-Sun games.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I hate to interject some actual facts here, but...the AAC is in the first year of a new ref setup. They share refs with the SEC and the Atlantic Sun. The difference in the new deal is that the AAC gets first pick on this pool of refs and the newer guys develop working mostly A-Sun games.
So the AAC and Big 12 don't share refs anymore? Cause there is still a lot of crossover between those two conferences. Maybe it's more geographical than anything.

Reaction Score
Wow we UConn fans are looking for pity from the refs. This surely ain't the Big East anymore.

Anyway I see opponents attacking the rim, aggressively going for rebounds, scrapping for loose balls and going strong to the hoop. The more a team plays 'hustle' basketball the more fouls they accumulate on opponents. When both team play that way then the fouls seem more even.

I'm not sure I'm seeing our team play that way, especially when we are losing or not hitting shots.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I've never seen a blatantly pro-UConn ref in several years of watching games.

zls44

Reaction Score
So the AAC and Big 12 don't share refs anymore? Cause there is still a lot of crossover between those two conferences. Maybe it's more geographical than anything.

The league wanted to be able to get first pick in a ref pool. They now alternate that with the SEC every week.

Reaction Score

Your ignorant even when your guy sucks you find a positive out of it, amazing. He's an idiot and has hurt this team 2 games in a row with his awful basketball mind and yet you defend him.

Fact is the 1st one was a toss up - he did try to body harder than he had to but the guy was hardly defending when he went for position, tough call. Next one was obvious elbow to the face and then the real dumb move of acting like a baby hurting the team even more. The next one was a block in which he never went up straight and came down like he does a lot, but he hammered the guy. He's out of control swinging away at blocks, should get more. Sick of the act! You can like the guy as much as you like, the act has worn beyond thin.

Reaction Score
Your ignorant even when your guy sucks you find a positive out of it, amazing. He's an idiot and has hurt this team 2 games in a row with his awful basketball mind and yet you defend him.

Fact is the 1st one was a toss up - he did try to body harder than he had to but the guy was hardly defending when he went for position, tough call. Next one was obvious elbow to the face and then the real dumb move of acting like a baby hurting the team even more. The next one was a block in which he never went up straight and came down like he does a lot, but he hammered the guy. He's out of control swinging away at blocks, should get more. Sick of the act! You can like the guy as much as you like, the act has worn beyond thin.

Tonight was a night they could have used Diarra. There was no one on that team taller than 6'8".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom