The profootball HOF voting process in an absolute joke | The Boneyard

The profootball HOF voting process in an absolute joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It just boggles my mind that no WR Cris Carter, Andre Reed and Tim Brown not one of the 3 got in what a bunch of Stop. Parcells didnt even get in is it because of his relationship with the media during his career? I was fine with Doleman, Kennedy and Roaf getting in but Curtis Martin on the 1st ballot are you kidding and Dermonti Dawson? What are your thoughts on this, the voting process needs to change current HOF should get a vote at least.

Reaction Score
The problem with WR is that there is massive number inflation occurring at the moment, and that is causing the older players to look less great. The only one in my opinion that has a real issue at this point is CC, the other two are arguable in my opinion. Martin was the best rb under consideration which helped a lot.

Reaction Score
The problem with WR is that there is massive number inflation occurring at the moment, and that is causing the older players to look less great. The only one in my opinion that has a real issue at this point is CC, the other two are arguable in my opinion. Martin was the best rb under consideration which helped a lot.

CC definetly at least 1 of the 3 I dont know how Parcells didnt get in though. I dont have a problem with Martin getting in I dont know about the first ballot. Why couldnt 6 players and a coach get in. There has always been an issue with the HOF voting in the past I have no problem with writers having a vote but past HOF inductees should have a vote.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Curtis Martin is the 4th leading fisher in the history of the NFL, and ran for 1000 yards every year for a decade straight. How is he not a 1st ballot HOFer? That guy really gets on.

Reaction Score
Curtis Martin is the 4th leading fisher in the history of the NFL, and ran for 1000 yards every year for a decade straight. How is he not a 1st ballot HOFer? That guy really gets **** on.

I just said he deserves to get in. I just think its a joke that Cris Carter and Bill Parcells didnt get in.

Reaction Score
Only 5 get in, plus two old timers, only one who made it this year. Another problem with the receivers is they knock each other out by splitting the vote, each voter has a preference and they don't advance. It sucks, but if one of them isn't a finalist next year, there will be a better chance of one getting through.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Only 5 get in, plus two old timers, only one who made it this year. Another problem with the receivers is they knock each other out by splitting the vote, each voter has a preference and they don't advance. It sucks, but if one of them isn't a finalist next year, there will be a better chance of one getting through.

Which is exactly why Scoe is calling the process a joke. If you have 10 worthy people, you induct 10. Not set some arbitrary rules that can really screw people.

Reaction Score
Red Grange said Tony Latone was the greatest rusher of his era, but yet, Red Grange is in and not Tony Latone.

Reaction Score
The HOF is not supposed to be easy to get into. If you were an during your career and a smart ass to the media, payback is a b**ch. our actions have consequences

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is saying Curtis Martin should not get in, but just in case someone is, that dude deserved to get in without a question.

Reaction Score
Curtis Martin is the 4th leading fisher in the history of the NFL, and ran for 1000 yards every year for a decade straight. How is he not a 1st ballot HOFer? That guy really gets **** on.

I am kind of mixed on Martin. At no time in his career would he have been considered one of the top two runners in the game, but he is the 4th leading rusher of all-time. It's kinda how I feel about Franco Harris he would have never been considered an elite back, but at one time he was in the top 3 all-time with Jim Brown and OJ Simpson and he is not in their class. Oh well I am not a big fan of halls of fames, all-star games or post season awards. They are more for baseball nerds.

Reaction Score
almost 1500 yards as a rookie, offensive rookie of the year, '04 rushing title. I'd say he was at several times in his career considered one of the top runners in the game. That's just off memory I'm sure there are more facts I could look up to boost my point.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Yeah AJ, Martin was a 4 time All-Pro. Not just Pro Bowler, but all pro. I'd say there were plenty of times he was considered one of the best 2 RB in the league. People just seem to have this perception that he was just an above average guy. I'ce seen and heard it for years.

Reaction Score
The HOF is not supposed to be easy to get into. If you were an during your career and a smart ass to the media, payback is a b**ch. our actions have consequences

Steve Jobs was an a too. But he's one of the best to do what he did for a living. Same with Parcells. If you keep Parcells out for being an , I guess Belichick sits out too . . ..

Reaction Score

I guess Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma shouldnt be in the basketball HOF then

Reaction Score
I agree the process is a joke as well. Why is the media the ones who get to decide anyway? They're clearly biased against some players. Fans would just vote for their hometown favorite. Maybe former players?

Reaction Score
Parcells will present Martin so im pretty sure he gets in next year, during Martin's speech he will probably advocate to the voters why Parcells should get in, so that will pressure the voters to put him in. I remember during Rod Woodson's HOF speech he was talking about how he couldnt believe Dick Lebeau still hadnt gotten into the HOF (not his exact words) and what happens boom he gets in.

Reaction Score
The vote is by the media. Belichick is tight lipped but never has he been the to the media Parcells was.

Reaction Score
The vote is by the media. Belichick is tight lipped but never has he been the to the media Parcells was.
The Boston media would disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger