The Play That Changed Momentum | The Boneyard

The Play That Changed Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I had a busy day getting the Honey Do list knocked out today. Take the boat to the service center to get the engine primed for the summer, get another 1/2 ton of sand to finish the base of the front yard patio, spread it out and level it, get about 300 pavers from the home improvement store and lay down the pavers.

By the time I was done it was 30 minutes before tip off. Feeling the need to feed my Lance Armstrong I started knocking down a few Michelob Ultras. They were cool and refreshing after a day of spring prepping, but UConn got down 19-9.

It was time for championship caliber drinking and I broke out the fresh for spring Abita Strawberry Ales. Scoreboard. I drank three of them before Nova scored a point. I was in a groove and so was UConn. But I only bought a 6-pack. So I had to pace myself through halftime and the second half.

It worked out as expected. I'm finishing up my last beer and UConn nutted up big time over the last 30 minutes.

Samuel's defense and confidence with the ball on offense was huge. Bazz's 3's in the second? Money. Kromah from the corner for 3? As smooth as the last sip of my fifth Abita.

It's the third week of March, UConn is headlining MSG and Syracuse and Nova ain't invited.

Life is good.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I had a busy day getting the Honey Do list knocked out today. Take the boat to the service center to get the engine primed for the summer, get another 1/2 ton of sand to finish the base of the front yard patio, spread it out and level it, get about 300 pavers from the home improvement store and lay down the pavers.

By the time I was done it was 30 minutes before tip off. Feeling the need to feed my Lance Armstrong I started knocking down a few Michelob Ultras. They were cool and refreshing after a day of spring prepping, but UConn got down 19-9.

It was time for championship caliber drinking and I broke out the fresh for spring Abita Strawberry Ales. Scoreboard. I drank three of them before Nova scored a point. I was in a groove and so was UConn. But I only bought a 6-pack. So I had to pace myself through halftime and the second half.

It worked out as expected. I'm finishing up my last beer and UConn nutted up big time over the last 30 minutes.

Samuel's defense and confidence with the ball on offense was huge. Bazz's 3's in the second? Money. Kromah from the corner for 3? As smooth as the last sip of my fifth Abita.

It's the third week of March, UConn is headlining MSG and Syracuse and Nova ain't invited.

Life is good.
Why not just drink seltzer water instead of Ultra? I'm praying the mojo doesn't require strawberry beer.
/if it works, just do it

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You are dead wrong chin. I picked up a 12 pack of Blue Moon variety for the weekend this afternoon. Shortly before tipoff I cracked a Valencia Grove Amber (which tasted pretty good) and Nova jumped out on us. When that was empty I reached in, another of those came out so I put it aside and reached in again, pulling out a Belgian White Ale (which I am not all that crazy about). I decided that I had to drink that one and that was when we got back in the game. I grabbed another shortly before halftime and figured I would drink those until the game ended. The twelve pack only had two of those so from about 19:35 remaining in the second half until the game ended I couldn't (and didn't) drink at all. That is why we won.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Up yours. I was drinking Zu vodka in keeping with my Pitt theme from today. I took down Syracuse AND got UConn the win.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I will say this, people can complain about Buffalo in March but today Buffalo was as close to heaven as any place on earth can get!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why not just drink seltzer water instead of Ultra? I'm praying the mojo doesn't require strawberry beer.
/if it works, just do it

For those of you living under rocks, drinking Mich Ultra allows you to ride your Huffy faster than anyone and you get to bang Cheryl Crow. But it sucks for UConn Mojo. So it's gone.

As for Abita Strawberry. It's one of the best spring time beers out there. A 12-pack can disappear very quickly while sucking mud bug head and enjoying the beach.

Reaction Score
When we went down 10 against St Joes, I moved the remote to the arm of the couch. We won.

When we went down ten to Nova, I realized the remote was on the cushion next to me. I moved it to the arm of the couch. We won.

Clearly, I brought us back from those 10 point deficits. No thanks needed.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
You are dead wrong chin. I picked up a 12 pack of Blue Moon variety for the weekend this afternoon. Shortly before tipoff I cracked a Valencia Grove Amber (which tasted pretty good) and Nova jumped out on us. When that was empty I reached in, another of those came out so I put it aside and reached in again, pulling out a Belgian White Ale (which I am not all that crazy about). I decided that I had to drink that one and that was when we got back in the game. I grabbed another shortly before halftime and figured I would drink those until the game ended. The twelve pack only had two of those so from about 19:35 remaining in the second half until the game ended I couldn't (and didn't) drink at all. That is why we won.

Puh-leaze. It was all about the Six Point Hi-Res growler I purchased this afternoon. It was the closest brewery to MSG on the menu at my favorite shop. I knew I'd have to go large in order for us to pull this one out, and that's exactly what I did. Blue Moon mix pack? Not buyin that one, literally and figuratively. ;)

hires1111.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
When we went down 10 against St Joes, I moved the remote to the arm of the couch. We won.

When we went down ten to Nova, I realized the remote was on the cushion next to me. I moved it to the arm of the couch. We won.

Clearly, I brought us back from those 10 point deficits. No thanks needed.
I stood during the last few minutes of regulation and all of overtime against St Joes. Today I sat and cursed during the first 10 minutes, but road it out on the couch otherwise. I was happy not to have to stand again.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Puh-leaze. It was all about the Six Point Hi-Res growler I purchased this afternoon. It was the closest brewery to MSG on the menu at my favorite shop. I knew I'd have to go large in order for us to pull this one out, and that's exactly what I did. Blue Moon mix pack? Not buyin that one, literally and figuratively. ;)

hires1111.jpg

Hey, I had to go basically the entire second half without drinking. If that isn't taking one for the team I don't know what is.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
The mojo requires Rolling Rock. This is established history.

My experience with Senore Mojo is that Rolling Rocks only work for those that can stomach them. Personally, I can't afford to drink bad beer. However, the "Buffalo" Wings of Fire that my wife and I consumed at the start of the second half made the Mojo smile. Combined with the NYC brew I was tossing back, well, the results speak for themselves.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
As for Abita Strawberry. It's one of the best spring time beers out there. A 12-pack can disappear very quickly while sucking mud bug head and enjoying the beach.

Up here it isn't Spring yet. It's Mud Season.
beer_durty_lg_cars.jpg

Reaction Score
None of you are wrong. It was the collective mojo and we are going to need it going forward. So for the next game do exactly what was done on Sat. For Chin if that means laying another 300 pavers it must be done. I will do my part with hookers and blow

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I will say this, people can complain about Buffalo in March but today Buffalo was as close to heaven as any place on earth can get!

how dare you! JK I know Buffalo isn't the flashiest but I love the city and we have incredible mojo for UConn, quite frankly I take a great deal of the credit - once UConn got the Buffalo draw, I know that was a good sign. Hopefully it ends the same as 04

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
AtlHusky said:
My experience with Senore Mojo is that Rolling Rocks only work for those that can stomach them. Personally, I can't afford to drink bad beer. However, the "Buffalo" Wings of Fire that my wife and I consumed at the start of the second half made the Mojo smile. Combined with the NYC brew I was tossing back, well, the results speak for themselves.

Well, the axiom is " if you think it affects the mojo, it does, so I guess it works for you.

But if I may equate this to our heroes, you denying rolling rocks because you can't stomach them would've been like Napier staying on the bench because his leg hurt. You need to have some Testiculos just like Bazz. ;-)

And I fully acknowledge that drinking that vile swill takes some Testiculos. I have 60 heady toppers ( one of the only beers ever to get a 100 on beer advocate) in my fridge and I was drinking rolling rocks during AAC tourney.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's the Glenlivid my friends, I break it out at the perfect time

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Started with crack, down 10 switched to oxies, when it got close again, I just started shooting up.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
David 76 said:
Started with crack, down 10 switched to oxies, when it got close again, I just started shooting up.

Solid mojo game plan. Real Testiculos.
Bang some meth/heroin speedballs in your carotid artery with a dull needle and we may win NC.

Reaction Score
It was the large pepperoni pizza, eaten into the shape of a "W"....... Much like the one that got us the first victory over Duke my freshman year ...... That "W" pizza stayed in the drop ceiling of the common room of 8th floor of Ellsworth hall for the duration of the spring semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom