The Peanuts Movie | The Boneyard

The Peanuts Movie

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was a big fan as a kid and my kids know it, so my middle and youngest daughter wanted me to take them last night. Of course that alone made it enjoyable for me.

The movie is fine, but I cannot abide the ending.

Charlie Brown just cannot get the girl. That ruins the franchise for me.

And if they were going to go that route--which you can see being set up from the start--they didn't need her to lay out her reasons like a "Davey and Goliath" episode.

Otherwise, fun.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nobody loved Peanuts as much as I did. The movie isn't Peanuts, it's fan fiction.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I never gave a crap about Peanuts. I still don't.

But I took my daughter, niece and nephew to see it tonight. (Ages 7-12.)

The littlest on really enjoyed it, the other two liked it. I thought it was well done.

At some point, Charlie Brown had to get something positive going or he was either going to kill himself or start Snoopy in high school, so I'm good with the ending.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I never gave a crap about Peanuts. I still don't.

But I took my daughter, niece and nephew to see it tonight. (Ages 7-12.)

The littlest on really enjoyed it, the other two liked it. I thought it was well done.

At some point, Charlie Brown had to get something positive going or he was either going to kill himself or start Snoopy in high school, so I'm good with the ending.
Yeah, same here with the family reaction--the youngest loved it, the middle liked it and I enjoyed it.

It's not so much him getting the girl that bothered me, but the fact that she gave a speech explaining why. She should have just said, "Because I like you, Charlie Brown" or something like that.

Save the speeches for Linus.

As an aside, it was cool for all of us that one of our favorite New Orleans musicians, Trombone Shorty, "voiced" the teachers and other adults with his trumpet.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Who was the girl? The little red- headed girl?

Reaction Score
This is hilarious.
I'm taking my kids in a week and all I will think of now is Charlie Brown banging Snoopy from behind

Reaction Score
I was a big fan as a kid and my kids know it, so my middle and youngest daughter wanted me to take them last night. Of course that alone made it enjoyable for me.

The movie is fine, but I cannot abide the ending.

Charlie Brown just cannot get the girl. That ruins the franchise for me.

And if they were going to go that route--which you can see being set up from the start--they didn't need her to lay out her reasons like a "Davey and Goliath" episode.

Otherwise, fun.
Did he get a participation trophy for trying to kick the football?

Always wondered why he didn't just kick Lucy in the head and say he was just trying to kick where the ball was going to be. She wouldn't pull that ball again.

I was never a big Peanuts fan. They were always depressing to me. I watched the specials, because that's what you did as a kid. The best part was the kids' perspective on adults. You couldn't see above their shoulders and you couldn't fully understand (nor did you want to) what they said.

Nice reference to Davey and Goliath.

Reaction Score
Fun Fact: The Director is from Newington, CT and went to Newington High School. Graduated early 2000's.

Reaction Score
Okay, took my girls to see this last night, 13 & 8, unlike many chi kids, this one was really not amusing for adults, but I expected that. ***** Spoiler Alert *******

I disagree with the OP. Charlie Brown, does not get the girl at the end, but he does win her respect and admiration.

Although CB does manage to rise to new heights, it's only temporary, and CB is out back into his place at the end with Lucy moving the football as he is about to kick it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I disagree with the OP. Charlie Brown, does not get the girl at the end, but he does win her respect and admiration.
Interesting take: Things actually got worse for him then?

I like it.

Reaction Score
The kids movie I saw before this was inside Out- crap, so this was great. Kids loved it and plenty of adult music and references for adults, great job.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The kids movie I saw before this was inside Out- crap, so this was great. Kids loved it and plenty of adult music and references for adults, great job.
That is a brilliant movie imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom