The Other Huskies See Taking US | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Other Huskies See Taking US

Reaction Score
She is ungainly and last season was nursing an injury that might be congenital, but she is very strong physically and mentally. Still, she can't run with the real dawgs. In the NCAA run last year it was not uncommon for her to simple quit around half court, so the photo may be dead on. She's an interesting story and she has that crazy looking 3 chuck, but she is absolutely no threat to our Huskies.

I read that Osafor was hit by a car while riding her bike on campus. Allegedly, her medical condition keeps her out of some practices, so her failure to cross half court is less effort and more orthopedic.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Against any other team perhaps Osahor will have some success. Against UConn the forwards would play up on her and dare her to dribble drive. If she planted herself down low she'd have to catch and shoot because the guards would swipe the ball. On defense since she'd be the last person down UConn would enjoy a 5 on 4 advantage, shooting 3's and layups. Of course, whoever she'd be defending would have a free ride on fast breaks.
Spot on, all anyone has to do is watch the way ND played them. Again a good team but not a great team. To reach the Final Four they will need some good luck and fortunate seeding.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
To be fair to Osahor, she had a serious automobile accident in HS which still affects her to this day in terms of being able to run and to practice hard on a consistent basis. I have read descriptions re the extent of her injuries and the long rehabilitation involved (it was initially thought she would never walk unaided) and I have nothing but praise for her. She may never be as mobile as before the accident, but I have nothing but admiration for the dedication displayed during her long rehab and that she can even play D1 ball at this level is amazing.

You cannot read my post and think I am disparaging her. I just point out what is. It is pretty amazing how effective she is with her physical limitations. She is a wide body and when she does get down underneath she can be pretty lethal even though her physical limitations pretty much have her nailed to the court.

Reaction Score
Sagarin has the East cost Huskies beating the West cost Huskies by about 14 on a neutral court.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In a future America, a Constitutional Amendment is passed in order to make everyone equal. The athletic must wear weights to slow them down, the beautiful, masks. The intelligent have a radio in their ear to distract them from serious thought. (Think about this last equalizer for a moment)
What? My earphone were too loud. What's today anyway?

JordyG

Reaction Score
To be fair to Osahor, she had a serious automobile accident in HS which still affects her to this day in terms of being able to run and to practice hard on a consistent basis. I have read descriptions re the extent of her injuries and the long rehabilitation involved (it was initially thought she would never walk unaided) and I have nothing but praise for her. She may never be as mobile as before the accident, but I have nothing but admiration for the dedication displayed during her long rehab and that she can even play D1 ball at this level is amazing.
Although her past is a series of unfortunate events, and her rehab commendable, sports and life ain't fair. She's done an amazing job with the tools she has, but it would be UConn's job to abuse her basketball wise in every way, and believe me we would.

JordyG

Reaction Score
It would be an interesting game because both teams present individual matchups that could give the other trouble. Osahor should be very effective down low against most of UConn, and Plum is a tough fruit to swallow for any defender.

On the other hand, UConn's transition game may give Washington fits, and we've got people who can score from most anywhere and/or bust zones as needed.

Prediction: UConn would win, and potentially by a decent number of points...but it would still be interesting viewing.
Fun viewing for part of the 1st quarter. Plum would have to chuck up 30-35 shots to keep it under 20.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/...-huskies-kelsey-plum-chantel-osahor.html?_r=0

"And these Huskies have two assets that UConn does not: Division I’s leading scorer, Kelsey Plum, and rebounder, Osahor. In the cluster of contenders chasing UConn, that alone makes Washington stand out."

Other than the syntax disaster embedded therein, they have to be kidding. Plum would be stifled and Osahor would be outworked and exhausted. She's cross half court as the play ended. Still, it is good that womens basketball is getting ink.
Right, but you have to respect any team which believes they can win every game! I would not support any team which did not believe that.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Right, but you have to respect any team which believes they can win every game! I would not support any team which did not believe that.

Undoubtedly and they are plainly building a great culture in that program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom