The Oline played well thats the sad part | The Boneyard

The Oline played well thats the sad part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Im not saying its great but they gave you a chance to win and thats all you can ask for, the secondary never showed up, and Sherrifs was awful as was Verducci with the stupid designed QB draw plays, and not using Newsome enough.

Reaction Score
On the goal line near the end Newsome was never in and of course we dont throw the ball once.

Reaction Score
It is not hard to defend UCONN when they know we will run 100% of the time at the goal line. We don't try any kind of throw or play action. They stacked the D on the line each time. I knew we would get stuffed before the play even got started.

That's just horrible coaching.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Diaco got the fat linemen like he wanted. Couldn't stop giddily reading off all their weights during his summer tour.

I mean, both sides of the ball the lines are a total disaster but at least they're fat!

He really thinks it's 1960.

Reaction Score
It is not hard to defend UCONN when they know we will run 100% of the time at the goal line. We don't try any kind of throw or play action. They stacked the D on the line each time. I knew we would get stuffed before the play even got started.

That's just horrible coaching.

exactly it doesn't matter how good your line is if you dont open up it up on offense and we did then we reverted back to the same old run run run. 4th game in and you dont think teams have scouted you out, against more athletic teams at that.

Reaction Score
If we don't have superior players, we have to use misdirection and other types of gimmicks to get our playmakers open. I have said a million times, the type of team Diaco wants to coach needs to recruit like Alabama. When you have superior athletes on all positions against the other team, you can run boring and dry offense and conservative defense. You can win with Diaco's approach with better players across the board.

We don't have the luxury of better players across all positions, which is even more frustrating why we keep run this boring ass 50s style of play game after game.

Reaction Score
Diaco got the fat linemen like he wanted. Couldn't stop giddily reading off all their weights during his summer tour.

I mean, both sides of the ball the lines are a total disaster but at least they're fat!

He really thinks it's 1960.

god I get the sentiment but in this regard you're so wrong that it's unbelievable

Reaction Score
Even Joe D. of all people said in the post game show that O-line was awful. They are getting pushed around too much and especially on crucial 4th down situations inside the 5. The Navy game on the last play and yesterday the O-line let in too much penetration and our backs are dead meat. At some point I'm waiting for Qtr back number 2 to make a start once and for all.

Reaction Score
Need to start targeting TEs more. 16 of 81 completions have been to TEs (9 to Davis, 5 to Bloom, 3 to Myers).

Reaction Score
It's all about the trenches and unfortunately, the 5 blocks of tissue paper for the most part are all coming back. Except for Knappe and Levy, which in my opinion is no big loss as they both get beat repeatedly.

Peart, Vechery,Crozier,Hopkins,Rutherford

Seems like more of the same, unless we have huge gains in the offseason. I was optimistic that this year the line would make huge strides, I guess they went from terrible to bad, not enough talent to make a big difference.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Don't we think the OLine will make big strides each off season? Then we watch that upcoming season's games and think, well they're all coming back so they gotta get better next year. It just seems like a vicious cycle that has yet to been solved, thus our horrible running and passing game......I just can't figure out how they can't solve this issue. It's been been two different coaching staffs and our line has sucked each year with them.

Reaction Score
Syracuse does not have a good DLine. If you noticed how far outside the DE played off Knappe it was embarrassing. Each play he had a choice to go inside or out. It was like a Raptor attacking a Brontosaurus.

Reaction Score
I will say it again.

Noel Thomas has proven to be great and is durable. But, I simply don't understant - and I don't think it is Shirreffs alone - why you target that #5 17 times or more. We actually have many guys that have proven to have great hands if the ball is catchable. (some - like ones to David, McLean, Myers from Shirreffs were just too hard to grab)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will say it again.

Noel Thomas has proven to be great and is durable. But, I simply don't understant - and I don't think it is Shirreffs alone - why you target that #5 17 times or more. We actually have many guys that have proven to have great hands if the ball is catchable. (some - like ones to David, McLean, Myers from Shirreffs were just too hard to grab)
I believe this is on Shirreffs. He is focused on one target and if pressured at all (even what most QB's at this level would not view as pressure) he'll either tuck & run (most common) or toss it towards the one target he was focused on.

C

Chief00

I believe this is on Shirreffs. He is focused on one target and if pressured at all (even what most QB's at this level would not view as pressure) he'll either tuck & run (most common) or toss it towards the one target he was focused on.
Agree.

Reaction Score
I will say it again.

When you have a weapon that good, you put the ball in his hands as much as possible. Sara targeted their stud all day...and he delivered. Noel Thomas is our horse.

Reaction Score

It started from the very first series on the 3rd and 5 where he ran into a sack, he had plenty of green to his right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom