The Official Sox Fans Crying About Injuries Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official Sox Fans Crying About Injuries Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. That is a LOT of whining and crying. Way to pump the overall bitch ratio of the thread through the roof!

Reaction Score
Wow Vikeman, glad you have that kind of time. Hell, you might even believe half the crap you were slinging......??

Just a heads up Beckett just went out, not the first time in his career. Pineda's out for the year as is Mariano.....speaking of ignorant!!! Petey......c'mon dude he's not hitting well, it happens. Don't whine for him just keep it to yourself. And the "people don't fall off..." BS is funny too. Yeah they do where would you like me to start??? Half of them fell off when roids were stopped, or at least kinda stopped.

Ellsbury I admit, but Gardner is a loss too isn't it? 1-2 months.....my how soon we forget the young legs of our only solid base stealer who can make things happen. And he's a decent OFer who's injury has left some holes in LF defensively!! Ross...what a stud!! Yeah Granderson comparison is real nice....:eek:............

Bailey....you make it sound like losing Rivera and Robertson for a long stretch isn't comparable....he's a stiff comapred to these 2.

You're a true Red Sox fan for sure.......can't imagine how much fun it would be to watch a Sox/Yanks game with you. You're the one saying "...that's a strike, we're getting screwed by the umps again...." all the time!!! Whiner, HUGE whiner....period!!! Injuries happen....live with it!

Reaction Score
Crawford - You call me a dope yet you think Crawford is now no better than a 3rd/4th outfielder now? Over the last 8 years he has been one of the best all around LF's in the majors. Did he have a bad year, hell yeah. But it's not like he's the age of Eric Chavez or andruw jones, or hell half the Yankees roster. He had a bad year as a 29 year old. He's still only 30. People don't fall off a cliff at that age.
There were several reasons for his performance last year. New team, pressure to live up the contract, getting his lingering wrist injury shot up during the year. Fortunately the wrist has finally been taken care of and they seem to have taken care of the elbow (knock on wood). Use your head. Put the contract aside and there are many GM's who would love to add a healthy Carl Crawford to their team. And I'm the dope?

The decision to have surgery, Cherington said, was made after Crawford reported soreness in his wrist when he began ramping up his offseason hitting routine around the first of the year. The surgery, performed in Scottsdale, Ariz., by Dr. Donald Sheridan on Tuesday after Crawford underwent an MRI, involved a debridement of the wrist, which is defined as the removal of damaged tissue from the impacted area. It is generally performed in cases where a patient shows signs of early arthritis.

Yup, nothing to worry about there.

Reaction Score
Weird thread, posted because folks think Sox fans are whining and crying about injuries, then these folks are ecstatic every time a whiny injury talk post appears. Fished out the whiners, but the self fulfiling prophecy and hate reading is at least an equal bitch move.

Reaction Score
Sorry, Dogdeacon. The Official Sox Fans That Act Like They're Better Than Everyone Else thread is farther down the page. Keep looking, pal!

Reaction Score
Just a heads up Beckett just went out, not the first time in his career. Pineda's out for the year as is Mariano.....speaking of ignorant!!! Petey......c'mon dude he's not hitting well, it happens. Don't whine for him just keep it to yourself. And the "people don't fall off..." BS is funny too. Yeah they do where would you like me to start??? Half of them fell off when roids were stopped, or at least kinda stopped.

Ellsbury I admit, but Gardner is a loss too isn't it? 1-2 months.....my how soon we forget the young legs of our only solid base stealer who can make things happen. And he's a decent OFer who's injury has left some holes in LF defensively!! Ross...what a stud!! Yeah Granderson comparison is real nice....:eek:............

Bailey....you make it sound like losing Rivera and Robertson for a long stretch isn't comparable....he's a stiff comapred to these 2.

You're a true Red Sox fan for sure.......can't imagine how much fun it would be to watch a Sox/Yanks game with you. You're the one saying "...that's a strike, we're getting screwed by the umps again...." all the time!!! Whiner, HUGE whiner....period!!! Injuries happen....live with it!
I hate to keep giving life to this thread but NY fans are so out of touch with reality I just have to.

Hey Vinnie, I know it's hard to see through all the gold chains and chest hair, but show me where I compared Ross to Granderson? Oh that's right. I didn't. :eek:........ Only a fool would compare Ross to Granderson. Speaking of which....

If you don't think Pedroia going through his worst slump since he was a rookie has anything to do with his thumb injury, then I don't know what to say. He's had a bad thumb for a month and for some reason the club isn't doing the right thing and DL'ing him. His OPS in June is .426. That's Kevin Cash bad. Middling pitchers are dominating him. But according to you he's just going through a slump.

Oh, and go ahead and give me the names of players who put up careers like Crawford did through age 28 who fell off a cliff at 29. You have a pretty big list it sounds like.

Don't compare Gardner to Ellsbury please. Gardner is a one-way player. He is a gold glove type fielder but a no-hit talent. Last year pitchers pounded the strike zone on him as they finally realized, well, he can't actually hit with consistent force and his average, walks and OPS went down. His most common hits are the bunts, infield singles, or bloops that dunk in to LF.

Mariano is injured because he's 42. Not because they Yankees are unlucky. And guess what. Next year when he returns he might get injured again because - wait for it - he'll be 43. :eek: Most athletes are in a rocking chair or fishing boat by then. I know Yankees Universe isn't used to it's "Core Four" aging, but believe it or not it actually happens to most players who near 40 or are over.

Losing Bailey in itself isn't as bad as other injuries they have because he is a reliever and expectations of him moving to the AL East aren't known yet. He'll have at least some setback regarding performance because of tougher competition. But his loss right before the year left the bullpen roles scrambled and took Aceves out of his most valuable role.
I would never take a healthy Bailey over a healthy Robertson or healthy Rivera. He's still pretty good though. But again, relievers as a whole aren't as valuable as quality positional players or starting pitchers. They just aren't. So when three of the four NY injuries you list are to two relievers and an all-glove player, and you try to make it sound like the Sox and Yanks are in the same boat, I have to laugh.

Reaction Score
A bitch move is a bitch move. It is a great season to be hate trolling Red Sox fans, own it.

Reaction Score
A bitch move is a bitch move. It is a great season to be hate trolling Red Sox fans, own it.

I'm not sure what's worse? Whining about injuries or whining about us laughing at your whiny fans. You're making a good argument for Door #2.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what's worse? Whining about injuries or whining about us laughing at your whiny fans. You're making a good argument for Door #2.
See that's the point, they are pathetic but I don't see why you care AND think I do. I can't believe the length of some of those posts and haven't read a bit of them.

Reaction Score
I hate to keep giving life to this thread but NY fans are so out of touch with reality I just have to.

Hey Vinnie, I know it's hard to see through all the gold chains and chest hair, but show me where I compared Ross to Granderson? Oh that's right. I didn't. :eek:........ Only a fool would compare Ross to Granderson. Speaking of which....

If you don't think Pedroia going through his worst slump since he was a rookie has anything to do with his thumb injury, then I don't know what to say. He's had a bad thumb for a month and for some reason the club isn't doing the right thing and DL'ing him. His OPS in June is .426. That's Kevin Cash bad. Middling pitchers are dominating him. But according to you he's just going through a slump.

Oh, and go ahead and give me the names of players who put up careers like Crawford did through age 28 who fell off a cliff at 29. You have a pretty big list it sounds like.

Don't compare Gardner to Ellsbury please. Gardner is a one-way player. He is a gold glove type fielder but a no-hit talent. Last year pitchers pounded the strike zone on him as they finally realized, well, he can't actually hit with consistent force and his average, walks and OPS went down. His most common hits are the bunts, infield singles, or bloops that dunk in to LF.

Mariano is injured because he's 42. Not because they Yankees are unlucky. And guess what. Next year when he returns he might get injured again because - wait for it - he'll be 43. :eek: Most athletes are in a rocking chair or fishing boat by then. I know Yankees Universe isn't used to it's "Core Four" aging, but believe it or not it actually happens to most players who near 40 or are over.

Losing Bailey in itself isn't as bad as other injuries they have because he is a reliever and expectations of him moving to the AL East aren't known yet. He'll have at least some setback regarding performance because of tougher competition. But his loss right before the year left the bullpen roles scrambled and took Aceves out of his most valuable role.
I would never take a healthy Bailey over a healthy Robertson or healthy Rivera. He's still pretty good though. But again, relievers as a whole aren't as valuable as quality positional players or starting pitchers. They just aren't. So when three of the four NY injuries you list are to two relievers and an all-glove player, and you try to make it sound like the Sox and Yanks are in the same boat, I have to laugh.

Laugh all you want Viking but I'm done you are pathetic....ask Dogdeacon the Sox fan who said ....."they are pathetic " in talking about you!! I don't like Gardner that much by the way but you can compare......Ellsbury has done it once, noones positive he'll do it again although he looks like he should. And tell medo you know anything about baseball? Defense means a lot, ask every runner who goes from 1st to 3rd and from 2nd to home while laughing when the ball is hit to Jacoby.......You really are the sterotypical fan dude....find some reality and grow the hell up. EVERYONE has injuries which they need to play through! Have fun I'm signing out, you're not a baseball guy. Probably stoped playing when you were a backup RFer in LL....;)

Reaction Score
If the Sox are smart, they'll let Ellsbury walk and take the draft pick they'll get for letting him go in free agency. Too many injuries and since they're handcuffed by Crawford who is also injury prone, they'll probably do just that. Kalish will be the starting RF next year barring any catastrophe.

I think maybe you've noticed that I haven't whined too much on this board. :D But in all seriousness, the Sox are in a tough spot. To say they weren't a good team prior to the injuries of Ellsbury, Crawford (being out longer that expected), et. al. plus the idea that A-Gon was supposed to be good this year...that's just misinformed. On paper, Sox had a fantastic team. Luck hasn't gone their way in the first half of the year. But if I seem to recall, something similar happened in 2004. And all of those years of disappointment for the Sox have usually come in the most crushing of collapses in the second half.

So on a positive side, it can't get too much worse anyway...so playoffs or bust! And if they bust, meh, whatever. I'll get over it.

Reaction Score
NHU I know despite our many back n forths which are never taken seriously, you are a man of reason and have taken the somewhat high road during the Sox time of despair. Noone is going to deny they have had a tough time or aren't in a tough spot. But again, the replacements have been as good if not better. Injuries happen, more often than not with Ellsbury and Beckett so whining is not an option like Viking. Tha Yanks have Wise and Nix taking time in Gardners spot, how's that working? At least Nava and others can hit........your getting more than you can imagine from Aviles (hmmmm?) and the Youk thing is giving your future stud Middlebrooks a chance to stay where he belongs. The staff is questionable at best and always was so to say a "fantastic" team is reaching I would say. There wasn't a fantastic team in the AL East and really still isn't as far as I see, even if all are healthy.

Long way to go enjoy the ride......I still expect your guys to pass out the leaders as the pitching tires and the hitters (oh crap they don't have any! lol) continue to never get clutch hits in the Bronx.

Reaction Score
NHU I know despite our many back n forths which are never taken seriously, you are a man of reason and have taken the somewhat high road during the Sox time of despair. Noone is going to deny they have had a tough time or aren't in a tough spot. But again, the replacements have been as good if not better. Injuries happen, more often than not with Ellsbury and Beckett so whining is not an option like Viking. Tha Yanks have Wise and Nix taking time in Gardners spot, how's that working? At least Nava and others can hit........your getting more than you can imagine from Aviles (hmmmm?) and the Youk thing is giving your future stud Middlebrooks a chance to stay where he belongs. The staff is questionable at best and always was so to say a "fantastic" team is reaching I would say. There wasn't a fantastic team in the AL East and really still isn't as far as I see, even if all are healthy.

Long way to go enjoy the ride......I still expect your guys to pass out the leaders as the pitching tires and the hitters (oh crap they don't have any! lol) continue to never get clutch hits in the Bronx.
Some of the injuries have worked out well for the Sox. It has forced them to get a good look at guys like Middlebrooks, Nava and Kalish. If Ellsbury and Crawford come back and are solid it will give them a logjam in the outfield. Not a bad problem to have. Now that Bard has finally admitted that he belongs in the pen, the Sox pen is looking pretty solid. The problem is and has been the starting pitching. They knew they were coming into the season shy two starters and really did not do much about that. Whether Cherington is too timid or did not have the money, we can only speculate. Their main rivals, the Yankees, went out and acquired two solid starters (although one went down with an injury). Now the problem has gotten even worse with the ineffectiveness of Beckett and Lester. It will be the starting pitching and not injuries that will keep the Sox out of the post season this year IMHO.

Reaction Score

Yes, the replacements have been doing fantastic. If it weren't for a shaky starting rotation, things might be better. It's strange when Doubront is the best pitcher on the staff now. Lester is not a #1. People need to stop putting that title on him. Beckett is no longer a #1 and probably hasn't been since 2007. I just hate him (lol!) Buchholz couldn't be any more inconsistent. That's been his career for the most part. Sometimes it's easy for us to forget he already has a no-hitter. And the mess of the fifth starting pitcher. Bard was a mistake, I'll admit that now. I've never been a big Dice-K fan even during his 18-win season which was more of a farce than anything.

Every team in the AL East is about .500. Clearly the best league in MLB. If you look at the ESPN predictions for making the playoffs, you have: Yanks 72.7%, Orioles 32.4%, Rays 37.7%, Boston 38.9%, Jays 38.8%. I'm not sure how they calculate this, but I'm sure it takes into account upcoming schedule, and runs scores vs. runs against. Needless to say, all that points out is how tight the division really is according to the computers. Sox are also getting hot, tied with the Rangers for best "Last 10" record at the moment.

So anyone writing off the Red Sox would be foolish. I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs, but they definitely have the tools to get there, especially since there are two wild card slots. Given the records in the AL East vs. the rest of the AL, it would be a surprise if 3 AL East teams didn't make the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Yes, the replacements have been doing fantastic. If it weren't for a shaky starting rotation, things might be better. It's strange when Doubront is the best pitcher on the staff now. Lester is not a #1. People need to stop putting that title on him. Beckett is no longer a #1 and probably hasn't been since 2007. I just hate him (lol!) Buchholz couldn't be any more inconsistent. That's been his career for the most part. Sometimes it's easy for us to forget he already has a no-hitter. And the mess of the fifth starting pitcher. Bard was a mistake, I'll admit that now. I've never been a big Dice-K fan even during his 18-win season which was more of a farce than anything.

Every team in the AL East is about .500. Clearly the best league in MLB. If you look at the ESPN predictions for making the playoffs, you have: Yanks 72.7%, Orioles 32.4%, Rays 37.7%, Boston 38.9%, Jays 38.8%. I'm not sure how they calculate this, but I'm sure it takes into account upcoming schedule, and runs scores vs. runs against. Needless to say, all that points out is how tight the division really is according to the computers. Sox are also getting hot, tied with the Rangers for best "Last 10" record at the moment.

So anyone writing off the Red Sox would be foolish. I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs, but they definitely have the tools to get there, especially since there are two wild card slots. Given the records in the AL East vs. the rest of the AL, it would be a surprise if 3 AL East teams didn't make the playoffs.

Reaction Score
The Sox have played a soft schedule so far. Only 2 games vs. NYY, none vs. LAA, two vs. Texas. The second half will be brutal.

Reaction Score
The Sox have played a soft schedule so far. Only 2 games vs. NYY, none vs. LAA, two vs. Texas. The second half will be brutal.

Grasping for straws sinkhole now that Tampa Bay is slipping?

Reaction Score
Grasping for straws sinkhole now that Tampa Bay is slipping?

Not at all, just an observation. Tampa has played both NY and Boston 9 times each. Boston and NY have met only twice. Just saying.

Reaction Score
Not at all, just an observation. Tampa has played both NY and Boston 9 times each. Boston and NY have met only twice. Just saying.

So by that admission, you're calling Boston a good team?

Reaction Score
So by that admission, you're calling Boston a good team?

The Red Sox are 2nd in MLB in runs. (Even though they don't have their top 5 outfielders, Pedrioa is playing huwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh oh sorry I got in a Red Sox fan mindset).

Reaction Score
Hey! Look at that. The Yanks lose CC and Pettitte for the next 6+ weeks and not a single whiny excuse so far!!

Take note, Sox fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey! Look at that. The Yanks lose CC and Pettitte for the next 6+ weeks and not a single whiny excuse so far!!

Take note, Sox fans.

I'll wait until they lose a few games and their top 4 outfielders before making an apples to apples comparison.

Reaction Score
If we lose our top 4 OFers and the replacements play as well or better than the supposed top 4, I promise Yankee fans won't whine like some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom