The Official "Please Don't Suck Real Bad, Boys!" Thread

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Getting drilled. Fading into oblivion.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
How the hell does Purv finish that but continually miss easy layups?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How the hell does Purv finish that but continually miss easy layups?
F9481B1D-D95F-4AD6-B8C3-55EA3469D7AE-3953-0000037BB97E78E1_tmp.jpg

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
Vance with head scratching shot.

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
I was almost positive that would be the shot he hit too

Someone did jokingly ask him to take a half court shot on his instagram last night. Was close.

Reaction Score
You got your answer
Results haven't really been there, but I expect by this time next year he's clearly a good shooter. Probably just a confidence issue early in his career

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Next year is a put up or shut up year for Ollie, no doubt about it.

Wire to wire top 25 and Sweet 16/Elite 8 caliber is the minimum.

Anything less and he's on the hot seat big time.
Agreed, done with the excuses.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
At least we'll be in the running for the #1 pick in the draft lottery....:oops:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Results haven't really been there, but I expect by this time next year he's clearly a good shooter. Probably just a confidence issue early in his career

If he plays with the confidence he had late in the game today this becomes a much better team

Reaction Score
Next year is a put up or shut up year for Ollie, no doubt about it.

Wire to wire top 25 and Sweet 16/Elite 8 caliber is the minimum.

Anything less and he's on the hot seat big time.
How are they going to achieve that with the current players? Exit Brimah, Purvis, Facey. The new starting center is Enoch? The injured players miraculously become cured and return to their former glory? Unless there is some secret recruit coming to rescue the program, this is a dream. The players just aren't of the caliber that is needed to win. Has nothing to do with Ollie. With good players he wins. With crummy players he loses.

Reaction Score
How are they going to achieve that with the current players? Exit Brimah, Purvis, Facey. The new starting center is Enoch? The injured players miraculously become cured and return to their former glory? Unless there is some secret recruit coming to rescue the program, this is a dream. The players just aren't of the caliber that is needed to win. Has nothing to do with Ollie. With good players he wins. With crummy players he loses.

Sorry but can"t accept that. Great coaches develop as well as tailor their team play to their players" strengths. Injuries give KO some valid excuses this year but if everyone is back them no excuses next year--- he has to produce or he should be gone. FB sucks enough, can"t have BB follow suit and it"s not like KO hasn"t recruited talent. You should be honest with youself and ask, has KO become a better coach during his tenure? I am afraid that jury is still out on that question.

Reaction Score
Not true. This has a lot to do with Ollie. Problem for UConn is that their hands are tied. They literally have no where to turn. It is simply shocking where the football and men's basketball programs find themselves. To me, if KOs next two years resemble his last two, UConn will be more like UMass than blue blood. KO is a great motivator and a great recruiter. Those qualities make a better top assistant than head coach. For KO to succeed as the head guy, he need a great X's and O's guy. He doesn't have that now and it is painfully obvious.

Reaction Score
I mean, yeah. That's usually what happens with injured players, they heal

Reaction Score

And whose job is it to recruit or develop good players?

It's Year 5. Training wheels are off.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If I posted what I txted to a friend, I'd have to ignore myself.

If nothing else, this simply is not a good 'entertainment' product, and I have many things competing for my Interest. Seriously, how much are you enjoying what you're seeing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom