The Official "Please Don't Suck Real Bad, Boys!" Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official "Please Don't Suck Real Bad, Boys!" Thread

Reaction Score
Most painful year to watch since. . . . . . early 80's. maybe Calhoun's 86-87 team.

H

huskymagic

I have already told you guys that our big guys are our strength and its laughable that some are criticizing Brimah. Brimah has 5 point and 11 rebounds and Kentan had 8 pts and 4 rebounds. Brimah is a NBA caliber player and believe me we are lucky to have him or we would be a lot worse. Rodney has been a HUGE swing and miss for Ollie as he has been an albatross of bad play for us. Kevin Ollie has lost the team and we will be lucky to get to 10 wins the way we look. We should use the rest of the season to audition Brimah to the NBA. Without HAMI we are not turning anything around this year.

Reaction Score
It's at the point where I am VERY scared about this program. Lack of talent, lack of basketball IQ, lack of any senior leadership on the court (Brimah hasn't been awful, which is a plus when he's just "not awful."). Also coaching, we are getting blown out game after game, at some point coaching needs to be questioned. I'll give Ollie a pass for this year though bc of the injuries.

Don't even get me started on Purvis. Never questioned his heart, but he may be the worst guard I've ever seen both skill wise and IQ wise.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I'm happy the narrative is injuries though. Keep the narrative going and CBB history will forget this season.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Purvis finally shoots an open 3-pointer -- his first of the night -- and that idiot Elmore says "Purvis is settling right now, he has the ability to get into the lane, get high percentage shots and get to the line. But that 3-pointer looks so good to him right now so he takes too many of them."

Kill me.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I have never seen anyone throw the ball away like this team.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Rodney and Amida need to go. Love them as people, good kids, but my god they are not good basketball players.
Facey brimah and Adams have been the only contributors. Purvis needs to sit. Adams is exhausted. I dgaf about freshmen mistakes. I care about Rodney shooting threes and throwing the ball out of bounds while dribbling. Great kid but not helping Adams. I can live with freshmen mistakes

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
scared, every kid looks scared

nobody can make a shot they've presumably have made their entire lives

and can anyone explain to me those passes? seriously? I don't even know what I'm looking at

play the walkons, they really can't play any worse and let the rest of them watch

maybe that will help, IDK

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Purvis is lackadaisical. Vance and vital are working their asses off

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't think we can keep it under 30

Reaction Score
I'm happy the narrative is injuries though. Keep the narrative going and CBB history will forget this season.
Well we've been bad to mediocre for 3 seasons.. and I don't think that'll be forgotten unless we can right ship ASAP

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Turnovers, lack of good entry passes, poor shot selection, and lack of leadership all add up to one key element; this team doesn't have a point guard.

Gilbert was our only shot at a successful season because we don't have a backup in his position. We have a bunch of 2-guards playing the 1 or the 3, and it doesn't work without a floor general...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Vance showing some life and some energy here...

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Down 20 purvis 3s are like butter. Same as it ever was

I was just thinking that this is typically when he makes a few in a row.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You just know this game is gonna end up with us down 4 under a minute before they remember they're supposed to suck this year

6 and the ball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom