The Official 2024 NY Jets Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Jets Thread

Reaction Score
Pete Prisco from CBS thinks Fashanu is going to sit for a year as well. I'm sure he'll get worked in and may start if an injury claims their aging free-agent tackles, but that doesn't necessarily sound like a win-now pick either.

You were correct with them picking Corley and Travis, but Travis probably won't be ready until mid/late season at the earliest and he has a number of drawbacks. With Tyrod being not too much younger than Rodgers, The Jets next fulltime answer at QB may not be on the 2024 roster.

So the Pats nailed the entire draft even when Mayes fundamentals have glaring holes per the pundits.

And the Jets flopped.

Got it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So the Pats nailed the entire draft even when Mayes fundamentals have glaring holes per the pundits.

And the Jets flopped.

Got it.
Said by me, nowhere.

But now that you brought the red herring up, it's absolutely a matter of perspective.

I did say that the Jets may have stepped in it by allowing the Vikings to select a potential Rodgers replacement in front of them, but as @ShakyTheMohel mentioned, the Jets are in "Win-now" mode and the current brain trust went all in by acquiring Rodgers before last season. If it doesn't work out, who knows what the next regime would think of JJM, had they picked him. Given that, Fashanu was the better (if not sexy) call, even considering the various "pundits" noting that he may not play starters' snaps in year one.

The Corley pick fills a need and they got their QB project. Not sure how crazy I'd be selecting two running backs for a win-now franchise, particularly with Breece Hall in the backfield and a handful of affordable free agents still available. The Jets did okay, but it remains to be seen if their draft satisfies win-now. They really need their 40 year old starting QB, coming off a serious leg injury and possible (more than a) touch of CTE, to return to his former MVP caliber self.

The Patriots are in Improve-now mode and that begins on the offense. Drake Maye spent the last five months by being talked about as the 2nd QB off the board. The Patriots needed a QB and even if he sits for a portion (large or small) in 2024, it doesn't matter. They have a quality bridge in Jacoby Brissett. They still don't have a go-to receiver, let alone a #1, who scares DCs, but the two receivers selected should compete for snaps right away and should improve with experience, as well as offensive linemen. The Patriots' offense failed to find the endzone in 5 games last season. The D will be serviceable again, if only because they won't be asked to pitch shutouts, which is a near impossibility in today's NFL.

TL : DR? The Jets did not flop, but I believe the Patriots did better at this particular time and place, and with the respective resources at their disposal. Non of the three area teams approached Washington, who killed it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom