The Official 2016 NY Yankees Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official 2016 NY Yankees Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Our pitching staff brings tears to my eyes and then I think about our offense. This is shaping up to be a long season.
CC strained his dick...off to the DL (hope he lays off the sauce). BUT PHIL COKE IS BACK!!!!!!!!

The clouds stated approaching when Greg Bird went down. That guy was such a jolt of excitement. Reefer doesn't do it for me. Judge will, when called up in September. Kid is a monster. And it seems like some young guns are a couple of years away tho Kaprelian may be sooner.

Can you imagine how miserable Suze and Sterling are? They have to fill air time watching these guys.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
CC strained his dick...off to the DL (hope he lays off the sauce). BUT PHIL COKE IS BACK!!!!!!!!

The clouds stated approaching when Greg Bird went down. That guy was such a jolt of excitement. Reefer doesn't do it for me. Judge will, when called up in September. Kid is a monster. And it seems like some young guns are a couple of years away tho Kaprelian may be sooner.

Can you imagine how miserable Suze and Sterling are? They have to fill air time watching these guys.

I rarely feel bad for them considering their jobs, but this stretch has been brutal and looks like it'll be brutal for the foreseeable future

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Man, that last Papi strikeout was nuts. I think the ump had a grudge.

Yanks win.

Reaction Score
Man, that last Papi strikeout was nuts. I think the ump had a grudge.

Yanks win.

Red Sox fans on Reddit are having a meltdown, it's great.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I was there tonight. Granted I am biased, but...Papi got shafted. Those back-to-back friggin' strikeouts at the end :mad:

Reaction Score
According to like pitch tracker stuff the 3-1 was a strike but it really just looked awful. I feel like no one on the Yankees would have been upset if that was a ball.

Reaction Score
I was there tonight. Granted I am biased, but...Papi got shafted. Those back-to-back friggin' strikeouts at the end :mad:

Papi should have been thrown out on the fifth pitch, 100%, the way he acted. I have seen players thrown out of the game doing 1/20th of what he did. Have you ever seen a player act like that arguing balls and strikes and stay in the game?

No sympathy for the ump calling the 3rd strike on him.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Papi should have been thrown out on the fifth pitch, 100%, the way he acted. I have seen players thrown out of the game doing 1/20th of what he did. Have you ever seen a player act like that arguing balls and strikes and stay in the game?

Plenty of times. Although given how Papi at one point single-handledly ruined an entire season for the Yanks, I understand where your frustration/exaggerated reaction is coming from. ;)

Reaction Score
Plenty of times. Although given how Papi at one point single-handledly ruined an entire season for the Yanks, I understand where your frustration/exaggerated reaction is coming from. ;)

Wow what a really stupid comeback but typical. He thinks his strike zone should be special for him, always walks around after he thinks a pitch was a bad call. Only Gardner looks at umps as much as him. That was a ball too low no doubt but oh well.

And I promise you most fans of other teams don't like Papi either it's not just Yankee fans. There's guys who just aren't likable and he's one, a phony, cheater and a liar never are fan favorites unless they are yours. He's with ARod on that department and only you guys think otherwise. Are you sure there wasn't an error last night he thought should be changed to a hit? LOL he got what he deserved and by the way the 2nd pitch was a strike also. sit down and try to find your glove. strike 3 LOL that was beautiful.

My Yanks suck but this was fun.

By the way blue was awful all night behind the plate both ways, he really was clueless.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

I was shocked Sloppy wasn't ejected on strike 2. And on the strike 3 call instantly knew the ump was saying "**ck you ya tool!!"

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Wow what a really stupid comeback but typical. He thinks his strike zone should be special for him, always walks around after he thinks a pitch was a bad call. Only Gardner looks at umps as much as him. That was a ball too low no doubt but oh well.

And I promise you most fans of other teams don't like Papi either it's not just Yankee fans. There's guys who just aren't likable and he's one, a phony, cheater and a liar never are fan favorites unless they are yours. He's with ARod on that department and only you guys think otherwise. Are you sure there wasn't an error last night he thought should be changed to a hit? LOL he got what he deserved and by the way the 2nd pitch was a strike also. sit down and try to find your glove. strike 3 LOL that was beautiful.

My Yanks suck but this was fun.

By the way blue was awful all night behind the plate both ways, he really was clueless.

Ortiz is actually fairly more well-liked outside of the NY fanbase. As one of the highest profile players from the Dominican Republic, many fans of other teams who hail from the D.R. (and even Dominicans who aren't baseball fans) hold Ortiz in high regard. He's also looked upon favorably by many players, including former Yankee Robinson Cano. Robinson Cano Proud Of David Ortiz’s Quest For 500 Home Runs (Video)

Who has A-Rod ever been a "big brother"? When has A-Rod ever been the pride of an entire country? Apples and oranges, no matter how much you'd like to think the entire game of baseball hates Papi.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Don't look now but the Yanks have won both games with an active Aroldis Slapman and are 5-2 in last seven! Six games out of first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budding%20reproduction.jpg

LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Don't look now but the Yanks have won both games with an active Aroldis Slapman and are 5-2 in last seven! Six games out of first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budding%20reproduction.jpg

LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're awful. WTf is that?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
CC and Severino on DL.
Current staff:

Tanaka
Pineda

Eovaldi
I. Nova
and...
Chad Green? (He's a 24 year old rookie who had a 1.99 ERA through 37 innings at AAA. Came from the Tigers in the trade for Justin Wilson.)

Has anyone seen Jacoby Ellsbury?

Reaction Score
Ortiz is actually fairly more well-liked outside of the NY fanbase. As one of the highest profile players from the Dominican Republic, many fans of other teams who hail from the D.R. (and even Dominicans who aren't baseball fans) hold Ortiz in high regard. He's also looked upon favorably by many players, including former Yankee Robinson Cano. Robinson Cano Proud Of David Ortiz’s Quest For 500 Home Runs (Video)

Who has A-Rod ever been a "big brother"? When has A-Rod ever been the pride of an entire country? Apples and oranges, no matter how much you'd like to think the entire game of baseball hates Papi.

ARod grew up in Miami, tough to be the pride of the USA now isn't it Stair? :confused:

Reaction Score
I mean once again 2 run outburst early for the Yanks and that's it. But watching the 7-8-9 bullpen close is a thing if beauty isn't it? Not going to happen much when the team can't hit or even pitch that well, but yesterday was fun. 8 of 10 outs K's of the dominant type.

Reaction Score
How long do they keep throwing Tex out there to play 1st? A slow starter throughout his career he's never been this horrid. Is now overmatched by flame-throwers even when guessing right. Still a great first baseman but not good enough to be hitting .191 and his OBP at a career low by far of .296. He is hitting 4th and killing them hardly putting the ball in play.

It's time soon, can't give him much more rope because the hanging date is drawing closer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How long do they keep throwing Tex out there to play 1st? A slow starter throughout his career he's never been this horrid. Is now overmatched by flame-throwers even when guessing right. Still a great first baseman but not good enough to be hitting .191 and his OBP at a career low by far of .296. He is hitting 4th and killing them hardly putting the ball in play.

It's time soon, can't give him much more rope because the hanging date is drawing closer.
The Yanks have Chris Parmelee and Nick Swisher platooning at first base in AAA. Hold tight, mau!!

Meanwhile, the Yanks are in 3rd place. Winning 5 in a row and playing well out west. 5.5 games out.

And...ARod comin'.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow...Yanks getting no hit then hit a 2 run bomb. Enter BMC!

Yanks win.

Reaction Score
Hank Steinbrenner isn't dad obviously and it's too bad for Yankee fans. The fact that Cashman is still their GM is hilarious and the fact they throw out a team who's OBP is .298 is beyond laughable. 2 guys hitting 4-5 hitting .150 and .180 with OBP of less than .270 - wow! Headley signing was pitiful. Signing both Ellsbury and Gardner was stupid they could have made a nice trade with a Gardner package. Now that teams know he's hitting .201 since last years all star break, not so much.

It's time for a shoe up in the George style - NOW

Reaction Score
This team sucks more dick then Jenna Jamison. Just douse it with gasoline and light and match burn it down burn it the hell down.

Reaction Score

and now Tex is back on the DL

Reaction Score
and now Tex is back on the DL

Time to bring up Judge and anyone else who can play and take your licks. get rid of everyone, take the hit because none of them are worth keeping minus Ellsbury, Gardner and Beltran. I mean Tex, ARod, Headley, Pineida - LATER let's win 60 games and see what we got then spend some money again to get fannies in the seats. Awful Awful baseball team. Hey I'm all in for losing for a while, this should have started a while ago but kept making sure they were good enough for Mo, Jeter's last years. Well now there's no reason for anything at all. Get something for Beltran too, draft pick or real good minor leaguer because he will help someone in the Al as a DH.

As you say BLOW it up please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom