The Official 2016 Mets Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official 2016 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
Right. Add Cespedes and Lagares leaving the game yesterday with tweaks. It's a total MASH unit right now. And let's note that, at this point, we're 1 game back. Curious to see what the next couple weeks bring. The good thing about that is the top 4 starters could carry those injuries pretty easily with dominant starting pitching...and Colon, even without his best stuff, shows again and again he can keep us in a game and go 6 innings just about every 5th day.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Being 1 game out will keep the pressure off Alderson to deal for offense.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Being 1 game out will keep the pressure off Alderson to deal for offense.
It is getting kinda scary rolling out this lineup each day. The Mendoza Mets are going to be irrelevant soon.

Reaction Score
Right. Add Cespedes and Lagares leaving the game yesterday with tweaks. It's a total MASH unit right now. And let's note that, at this point, we're 1 game back. Curious to see what the next couple weeks bring. The good thing about that is the top 4 starters could carry those injuries pretty easily with dominant starting pitching...and Colon, even without his best stuff, shows again and again he can keep us in a game and go 6 innings just about every 5th day.

And just like that, we're 3.5 back. I don't typically push the panic button, but with Scherzer and Strasburg atop that staff and the Nats discord in the clubhouse seemingly in the past, I'm not sure how much more I'd like to fall back in the standings....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Still atop the wild card standings and one way or another we won't remain as injury-depleted as we have been.

I agree though, less margin for error than last year.

I trust Sandy to do what he needs to. That wasn't always the case, but he's earned it imo. Bringing Kelly Johnson back was a good start. "Good clubhouse guy" is a cliche, but by all reports he is, and I think that's important for where we're at now.

Reaction Score
Still atop the wild card standings and one way or another we won't remain as injury-depleted as we have been.

I agree though, less margin for error than last year.

I trust Sandy to do what he needs to. That wasn't always the case, but he's earned it imo. Bringing Kelly Johnson back was a good start. "Good clubhouse guy" is a cliche, but by all reports he is, and I think that's important for where we're at now.

Barstool Sports was saying they should go get Juan Uribe (aka Dark Sexy) again too!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Barstool Sports was saying they should go get Juan Uribe (aka Dark Sexy) again too!
I'm good with that. Both upgrades from Eric Campbell.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, drafted him out of high school but he signed with UConn.

We also took a BCU guy last night, Justin Dunn. Sits 94-96 with movement and a very good slider, decent curve and change. Supposed to be a pretty good prospect. Let's hope these two pan out!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Damn, that's a shame. Have to wonder if that's the end for David.

Reaction Score
Damn, that's a shame. Have to wonder if that's the end for David.

I think it's going to be impossible for him to ever be anything close to an every day player with this and the spinal stenosis. And I would have a hard time seeing him come back to be a role player.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think it's going to be impossible for him to ever be anything close to an every day player with this and the spinal stenosis. And I would have a hard time seeing him come back to be a role player.

I wouldn't be shocked, he's due a lot of money and is under contract for 4 more seasons. He'd be giving up nearly $70 million if he retired after this year. That is a TON of coin to give up just because of pride.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked, he's due a lot of money and is under contract for 4 more seasons. He'd be giving up nearly $70 million if he retired after this year. That is a TON of coin to give up just because of pride.

Our 20m a year Captain is going to be Eric Campbell II?

Alum86

Reaction Score

Do not conjur up his name. He turns up back into the Mets lineup like a bad penny.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I would just be very surprised if he retired this offseason. I would imagine he tries to play at LEAST next year.

In a limited role, against lefties, he could still be a valuable piece for us.

Alum86

Reaction Score
I would just be very surprised if he retired this offseason. I would imagine he tries to play at LEAST next year.

In a limited role, against lefties, he could still be a valuable piece for us.
He should retire. But he won't. He'll continue to collect. Give me Wayne Garrett or Ray Knight any day.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He should retire. But he won't. He'll continue to collect. Give me Wayne Garrett or Ray Knight any day.

I don't think either one is available

Alum86

Reaction Score
better than what we roll out now. Kelly Johnson and China Flores are horrid.
We need a big bat. tonight is ridiculous. 3B, and catcher, which is even worse. I think Jerry Grote is still above ground.

Reaction Score
Love seeing Conforto back to sucking again. Other than DeGrom the young Met players are incredibly unlikable.

Alum86

Reaction Score
A caller to WFAN said it best this morning: Mets mgt "obsessed" with playing Flores. So true.
He has issues. I think a few months in Vegas best for him. Mets willsign the 32 yr oldCuban 3B refugee free agent

Alum86

Reaction Score
Horrible loss for Mets tonight.
Fire the 3B coach. We have no speed

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
better than what we roll out now. Kelly Johnson and China Flores are horrid.
We need a big bat. tonight is ridiculous. 3B, and catcher, which is even worse. I think Jerry Grote is still above ground.

Pirates will gladly offer you Erik Kratz for either Rivera or Pawlecki.

Kelly Johnson had a great series vs Pirates.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Pirates will gladly offer you Erik Kratz for either Rivera or Pawlecki.

Kelly Johnson had a great series vs Pirates.
ummmm. no. Mets will wait for
d'Arnaud's return Tuesday. They Are obsessed with him much like Flores. Puzzling.
What a horrible lineup. One hit today vs. the Braves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom