The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 37 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still a great season. If you told me in April we would be in the WS and lose to this Royals team I'd have signed up in a heart-beat.

Murphy should be gone, Cespedes will most likely be gone. Build the team around pitching and defense. Upgrade in CF and at SS, move Flores to 2b or have him be the backup middle infielder/3b and have Herrera be the guy at 2b. He still projects as an all-star 2b and showed flashes of it the limited time he's been up.

I think we need to upgrade the infield D, and obv the middle relief. Maybe get a speedy/lead-off CFer and move Granderson down (he's been great, but that helps your lineup in two spots). Or get some speed on the bench. We have nobody that can run.

Also, a concern is will the Wilpons allow Sandy to make the moves he needs to make financially.

Build around the starters and Familia and we have a real shot at being back there at some point in the next 5 years.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Letting Cespedes continue that AB was mind boggling.
I don't think they appreciated how badly he was hurt immediately, and having a guy come in cold from the bench, who has not faced the pitcher yet, with two strikes on him already is not something you do lightly. I know Cespedes was struggling, but based on what they knew at the time he was probably still the best option, although admittedly there were no great options there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Mets played well enough to win if the games were eight innings long.

They just fell apart in the late innings - blowing three 8th/9th inning leads over five games is painful.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
The Mets played well enough to win if the games were eight innings long.

They just fell apart in the late innings - blowing three 8th/9th inning leads over five games is painful.

I'm not sure if it was your intent, but this comment reminded me of Frank Thomas' analysis of the Mets after the game:

Reaction Score
Can't be disappointed overall on the season. Yeah, it sucked watching the Mets be unable to stop the Royals's unprecedented 7th-and-later batting. But this would be like us being disappointed if our 2014 mens team lost in the NC game.

In April, most of us were hoping to compete for the wild card. Were just around .500 in July. Going from that to a World Series has to be seen as an overachievement for the season.

Wheeler is back next season, which means the Mets will easily have the best starting rotation in the game. Just need to round out the end of the order, get one more power bat, and one or two decent set-up guys.

Reaction Score
Was so tired of hearing about D'Arnaud. He's as bad a defensive catcher as there is in baseball and his bat is overrated. He hit .150 in WS. I get that ghe new brand of catcher is that they can be automatic outs, but when your defense and arm is that bad even that is too much.

Reaction Score
Thought I would pop in and give props to the Mets for a great season and a great World Series. Folks are still beside themselves here in KC. This may be pouring salt in an open wound, but here's the speech Johnny Gomes gave at the rally

[video]

Reaction Score
I got a kick out of that. I didn't even know he was on the team. I had to look it up and saw he had 5 hits for them and wasn't on the postseason roster. So when he says "We", I'm guessing that's a really loose definition.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They are enamored with d'Arnaud. Auto out mostly and noodle arm.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
They are enamored with d'Arnaud. Auto out mostly and noodle arm.

If he had qualified, his slugging percentage would've been the second-highest among all catcher in MLB. He's also in the top third of all catchers with at least 200 PA in terms of strikeout rate.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Doesn't K but does ground out. Best we have but we can do better at not much cost

Alum86

Reaction Score
Never relax. So close.
Flores is a big boy who struggled in the series. His back is effed up. We need a SS and 2B now. Up the middle we will suck a-- with d'Arnaud, tejada, flores, or herrera, who cannot hit, and Lagares.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't want Sandy to rest on his laurels, but luckily he doesn't throw a temper tantrum and say a guy sucks when he goes through a rough stretch.

Thank the lord you're not our GM.

Alum86

Reaction Score
If I was GM WE would have won.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If you were GM, there wouldn't be enough players left to have a Mets organization. You'd have cut the entire rosters from the majors down to AA in fits of rage.

Also, I'm curious to hear how you coped during the 39 years the team didn't make the World Series.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Also, I'm curious to hear how you coped during the 39 years the team didn't make the World Series.
'69, '73', '86, '00, '15. Where you getting 39 years?

Alum86

Reaction Score
Yeah. Get a calculator. You are as annoying and pompous as SportsArt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom