The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 30 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
We needed to put that lineup out there against the Phillies IMO. If they started more of the regulars and another one of them gets drilled and misses the NLDS with a cracked rib.... well I just don't think that was a worthwhile risk given how Wednesday night went. Now they've all had two days off and can play all 3 games this weekend. Just need to keep pace with LA this weekend and home field is ours.

Reaction Score
Call me naive. I like how Harvey was handled through September. I like how Thor, deGrom, Colon and Matz got their work in and had signs of being super effective. I think the staff is in optimal position heading into this. It's too much to expect that every one of the young guns was clicking on all cylinders at the same time after all those innings.

My concern is that Wright somehow effed with the mojo. I don't want stats thrown at me. I feel what I feel and the team seems different. I also would like Cespedes on another tear sometime soon.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We are heading to LA you pollyanna apoligists. No way we come outta there tied. Deepster is right, Wright is a jinx. Soft

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We are heading to LA you pollyanna apoligists. No way we come outta there tied. Deepster is right, Wright is a jinx. Soft

You're clearly the soft one here. It's OK, not everyone has the stomach for the playoffs.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Give me Ray Knight over David Wright every time Rico.

Reaction Score
Call me naive. I like how Harvey was handled through September. I like how Thor, deGrom, Colon and Matz got their work in and had signs of being super effective. I think the staff is in optimal position heading into this. It's too much to expect that every one of the young guns was clicking on all cylinders at the same time after all those innings.

My concern is that Wright somehow effed with the mojo. I don't want stats thrown at me. I feel what I feel and the team seems different. I also would like Cespedes on another tear sometime soon.

Yeah for the Yankees. It would be the only tear or even small rip they would have!

Good luck Mets fans enjoy the ride. Have a feeling ours is going to be about 2 hours.:eek:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow.

Well let's hope we get this out of our system before next week.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Shoulda TCB in Philly. Nope. Staggering into playoffs.

Reaction Score
After what Scherzer did it's starting to look more like this guys: Wang Chung

Reaction Score
Well that sucked, but at least this time it was against someone like Scherzer and we had a Spring Training line up out there. Everything is decided now (hate starting on the road, but take 1/2 and come back home), sit everyone today.

Reaction Score
Official game time per LA beat writer: 9:45 Friday and 9:07 Sat. So much for worrying about "shadows".

mets1090

Reaction Score
Prediction time. What are we thinking for the Dodgers series?

For some reason I see it ending in 4 one way or the other. Either the offense shows up and scores a few runs off Greinke and Kershaw in LA or they don't (obviously those are the only two options but you get my point).

The offense has looked very bad but of course they were somehow the best in the NL in a bunch of categories since the allstar break. We'll see which team shows up.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Prediction time. What are we thinking for the Dodgers series?

For some reason I see it ending in 4 one way or the other. Either the offense shows up and scores a few runs off Greinke and Kershaw in LA or they don't (obviously those are the only two options but you get my point).

The offense has looked very bad but of course they were somehow the best in the NL in a bunch of categories since the allstar break. We'll see which team shows up.

To me, I think it comes down to whether or not we can steal a game in LA. The Dodgers aren't a very good road team, and we face the back end of their rotation in Citi, so I think we can wrap things up in 4 if we take one in LA.

All I know is, I haven't been this nervous as a Mets fan in a long, long time. I love that we're here, but I'm going to be a wreck from now until first pitch tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Rico444 said:
To me, I think it comes down to whether or not we can steal a game in LA. The Dodgers aren't a very good road team, and we face the back end of their rotation in Citi, so I think we can wrap things up in 4 if we take one in LA. All I know is, I haven't been this nervous as a Mets fan in a long, long time. I love that we're here, but I'm going to be a wreck from now until first pitch tomorrow.

That's my thinking. Take one of the two out in LA and end it in Citi. Also, we don't have to beat Kershaw and Grienke...keep it to a run or so and get into the pen.

I'm not actually nervous. This team has already way surpassed my expectations and everyone's expectations. Of course I want to win but I'm looking at anything at this point as icing on the cake and invaluable experience for these guys. Next year should be our year, that's when I expect to be here.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was YUGE!

Great game.

Love Cuddyer's presence but don't think I would start him again.

Reaction Score
That was YUGE!

Great game.

Love Cuddyer's presence but don't think I would start him again.

Should have had someone out there when that fly ball stayed in play. Most LFers get there but he's still a good player.

Nice win

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Should have had someone out there when that fly ball stayed in play. Most LFers get there but he's still a good player.

Nice win
No doubt he's still a good player, but his balky knee is showing his age and we have Conforto. Those two hits were errors imo, and he didn't look very good at the plate. He's lucky deGrom was on fire.

His biggest contribution was running out to Wright and giving him a brief scouting report on Baez, whom he had faced before. Wright cited that as very helpful in his post-game comments.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hopefully Conforto has a nice game tonight so Terry can get over his ridiculous "I need to play a veteran over a rookie no matter the talent level!" idea.

Reaction Score
How hard did Murphy hit that ball off of Kershaw?

And it was Daniel Murphy who gave the Mets the lead with his second home run off a left-hander with a blast into the right field bullpen in the fourth inning.

He hit the ball so hard, an imprint of his name from the bat was left on the ball:

mets1090

Reaction Score
I wouldn't start Cuddyer again, lefty pitcher or not. Both those doubles should have been outs and he looks like a AAA player at the plate.

I'm not a Murphy fan but obviously that homerun was enormous. A few more of those and I'll come around on him ;-)

So happy to see Wright get that big hit. He's still a very good player, even if he'll only be playing 120 games a year the rest of his career. If he keeps hitting .300 that's fine by me. Hope to see his number on the wall in left field once he hangs it up.

deGrom is an animal. Hope Syndergaard can keep it going tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom