The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 29 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
image-1481590560.jpg

Bryce knows the deal!

Reaction Score
That was awesome! I'll admit I feared up, didn't think I would bc it's been a known fact for a week or so now that it was over but I did.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
And deGrom and the scrubs completed the Cincy sweep today.
Gotta play at Citi the first round. No let up!!

Reaction Score
Already got my full strip of playoff tickets and am really hoping they get home field the first two rounds as their home games would take place heavily on weekends.

Reaction Score
You've got to love seeing Syndergaard, Harvey and DeGrom all clicking and pitching really well these last few games. Meanwhile the Dodgers just got swept. Let's get this home field locked up and be ready to see the Mets go full steam into the playoffs!

PS: Colon or Matz in the playoff lineup as a starter? I suppose it's gotta be Matz so we have at least one lefty - Bartolo can put in some nice innings out of the bullpen if needed. I've heard rumblings that some would want to see Matz pitch game 3 - I say no way you don't have Syndergaard go if he's pitching like he did the other night, that was about as good as it gets.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I just can't bring myself to be confident enough to think the Mets will win the division. Call it stupidity. Call it mojo. Call it superstition - don't care.

Just call me if we clinch, ok?

WOOHOO!!!!!!! :)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You've got to love seeing Syndergaard, Harvey and DeGrom all clicking and pitching really well these last few games. Meanwhile the Dodgers just got swept. Let's get this home field locked up and be ready to see the Mets go full steam into the playoffs!

PS: Colon or Matz in the playoff lineup as a starter? I suppose it's gotta be Matz so we have at least one lefty - Bartolo can put in some nice innings out of the bullpen if needed. I've heard rumblings that some would want to see Matz pitch game 3 - I say no way you don't have Syndergaard go if he's pitching like he did the other night, that was about as good as it gets.
I'd go Matz as the 4th starter. Colon is more likely to be successful out of the pen.

Looking like we've got a really good chance at home field (we have the tiebreaker over the Dodgers). I think Syndergaard goes game 2 at home and Harvey pitches the pivotal game 3 on the road.

Reaction Score
Dodgers need to go 4-2 and we need to go 2-4 for them to take home field. Up two but in reality it's 3 bc of the tie-breaker. They need a 4 game swing to take it basically. If we can go into Sat two games up and it'll be over due to tie-breaker.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Matinee loss. Up 1/2 with tiebreaker. It's like they want to take an airplane ride to LA for next Friday.
They fielded a scrapyard today.
How bad is Campbell? What does he have on TC?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Matinee loss. Up 1/2 with tiebreaker. It's like they want to take an airplane ride to LA for next Friday.
They fielded a scrapyard today.
How bad is Campbell? What does he have on TC?
How can you be this miserable?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How can you be this miserable?

I shudder to see what these threads looked like in years that you folks didn't make the playoffs.

Alum86

Reaction Score
We have won despite collins, Pollyannas. Guess you do not care if we face kershaw at 5:30 in LA.
maybe Campbell and Flores will play. LMFAO

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We have won despite collins, Pollyannas. Guess you do not care if we face kershaw at 5:30 in LA.
maybe Campbell and Flores will play. LMFAO
Which caller are you on FAN?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What's next, you didn't win the World Series by enough runs? The parade didn't meet your standards?

Alum86

Reaction Score
Folks do not realize how important it is to play first 2 in NY. And it seems we may be running out of gas.
Kirk and Campbell and Parnell best not see any playing time. Hope they are not on the playoff roster.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Folks do not realize how important it is to play first 2 in NY.
Exactly who is it that you think would not prefer this?

The lineup we fielded today was still better than the lineup we had on a daily basis prior to July 24th. The game was moved up due to impending rain and the players need a break at some point before the playoff run. Going all out to get secure home field is fruitless if we enter the playoffs hobbled. The Cespedes hit by pitch last night is a reminder of how fragile this all is.

I don't like getting swept by the Phillies, but I'd rather enter the weekend and playoffs strong.

We're in good shape.

Alum86

Reaction Score
No we are not. The 2 best pitchers in the NL are in LA. I Prefer to face them at Citi and not on the road.
And what drugs are you on saying our lineup today was better than pre 7/24? Really? This was another throwaway line up. Rest em up Terry against Gio and Max ( 2 decent pitchers) and it becomes a very dangerous wknd.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No we are not. The 2 best pitchers in the NL are in LA. I Prefer to face them at Citi and not on the road.
And what drugs are you on saying our lineup today was better than pre 7/24? Really? This was another throwaway line up. Rest em up Terry against Gio and Max ( 2 decent pitchers) and it becomes a very dangerous wknd.
Again, who is saying that they would not prefer home field? You are making ridiculously stupid statements claiming that the Mets do not not want home field and that people do not realize that it is an advantage. You sound like an idiotic whiny little baby--just like most of the Mets fans who call in to WFAN. We are presently ahead of L.A. and we each have three games left. We are at home with our three best pitchers lined up. Not a guarantee, but yes, in about as good position as we could have hoped entering the weekend, all things considered.

As for the lineup pre-7/24, did you hit your head? This was the lineup on 7/23:

Granderson
Tejada
Flores
Mayberry Jr.
Campbell
Duda
Lagares
Recker
Colón
Gilmartin
C. Torres
Murphy PH

This was yesterday:

Johnson
Tejada
Conforto
Stauffer
Herrera
Álvarez
Familia
Cuddyer
Nieuwenhuis
Campbell
Plawecki
Lagares
Gilmartin
Young Jr.

The difference being, of course, yesterday was by design to rest some starters, and 7/23 was by necessity--i.e., those were the starters before the trade deadline.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Folks do not realize how important it is to play first 2 in NY. And it seems we may be running out of gas.
Kirk and Campbell and Parnell best not see any playing time. Hope they are not on the playoff roster.

If we're running out of gas, then Terry did the right thing giving the regulars rest. Keeping everyone 100% healthy and rested is the most important thing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom