The OA on Netflix

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by billythekid, Dec 20, 2016.

1. billythekid

billythekid

Anyone watching this new show from Netflix? I'm halfway through the eight episode season and have enjoyed it. This show is a bit out there and I struggle to explain what's going on. I think this will be one of those times where there will be a big payoff for sticking with it or I'm going to feel like an idiot for having wasted the time watching. Scores are pretty good on Rotten Tomatoes, so I'm hoping the payoff is there. The only recognizable faces in the cast are the guy that played Herschel on Walking Dead and the guy that played the bad English Colonel in The Patriot.

2. junglehusky

junglehusky Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness

Yeah it's out there, a weird mix of X-files paranormal, a prisoner story, HS/family drama, and... modern dance. But it works. Good writing, cinematography and acting. The payoff in the last episode was definitely unexpected.

3. Sky ball

Sky ball

Watched the whole thing. enjoyable.

GlastonTim likes this.
  4. GlastonTim

GlastonTim

Just finished the series tonight. Fantastic series!

5. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Liked it, definitely worth the watch. It started losing me a little about two-thirds of the way thru, but sucked me back in during the final episode.

6. Dove

Dove Vance comin'

My wife and I are 5 episodes in. Yet another show where I have to pay attention. And I started late so need to see 1 and 2.

Like it so far. I like Jeremy Isaacs. Thought Dig was a good show a couple years ago.

7. Dove

Dove Vance comin'

Binged the last 3 episodes. Really liked the show and hope for more episodes.

It's Jason Isaacs, not Jeremy.

8. Zionn

Zionn

I love this.

9. FluxTZ

FluxTZ

Finished it yesterday. I went in not knowing anything about the show. Zero context, no trailers or background. Through the first 2.5 episodes I legitimately had no clue what was going on and/or what I was watching. Then the story took a turn I wasn't expecting and I was on board.

Episode 5 sold the season for me, specifically
    Scott's resurrection
    . The combination of what's going on in the scene, after everything I'd watched leading to that point, with the song selection for the scene itself made for an intensely emotional reaction.