The OA on Netflix | The Boneyard

The OA on Netflix

Reaction Score
Anyone watching this new show from Netflix? I'm halfway through the eight episode season and have enjoyed it. This show is a bit out there and I struggle to explain what's going on. I think this will be one of those times where there will be a big payoff for sticking with it or I'm going to feel like an idiot for having wasted the time watching. Scores are pretty good on Rotten Tomatoes, so I'm hoping the payoff is there. The only recognizable faces in the cast are the guy that played Herschel on Walking Dead and the guy that played the bad English Colonel in The Patriot.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah it's out there, a weird mix of X-files paranormal, a prisoner story, HS/family drama, and... modern dance. But it works. Good writing, cinematography and acting. The payoff in the last episode was definitely unexpected.

Reaction Score
Liked it, definitely worth the watch. It started losing me a little about two-thirds of the way thru, but sucked me back in during the final episode.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My wife and I are 5 episodes in. Yet another show where I have to pay attention. And I started late so need to see 1 and 2.

Like it so far. I like Jeremy Isaacs. Thought Dig was a good show a couple years ago.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Binged the last 3 episodes. Really liked the show and hope for more episodes.

It's Jason Isaacs, not Jeremy.

Reaction Score
Finished it yesterday. I went in not knowing anything about the show. Zero context, no trailers or background. Through the first 2.5 episodes I legitimately had no clue what was going on and/or what I was watching. Then the story took a turn I wasn't expecting and I was on board.

Episode 5 sold the season for me, specifically
Scott's resurrection
. The combination of what's going on in the scene, after everything I'd watched leading to that point, with the song selection for the scene itself made for an intensely emotional reaction.

Reaction Score
Just finished watching tonight and thought it was a tremendously strong first season. Can't wait for a second. Thought the payoff of the last episode was a great vindication for what came before. Really tight writing and direction and some quite good acting. Brit Marling has made some solid little movies already, hopefully this really puts her on the map.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Brit Marling has made some solid little movies already, hopefully this really puts her on the map.

She's fantastic. I've really enjoyed some of the indie movies she has starred in. She's had small roles in a few bigger movies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Now I've watched the series. Strange to say the least. I'm not quite sure what to think about it. Like several other things that Brit Marling has appeared in, she alone makes it worth watching. She's mesmerizing to me. It's not exactly the same, but her performance in OA had some similar elements to the movie "The Sound of My Voice."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom