The Night Of | The Boneyard

The Night Of

Reaction Score
Premiere episode is now available on HBO on demand/Go/Now. Just watched and I'm hooked. Really interested to see how this unfolds.

Reaction Score
Just finished. Can't believe we have to wait until July 17 for the next one. Even with an almost 90 minute opener, if binging this show was an option, would've hit next right onto the next episode

Reaction Score
Loved it. Very realistic. Other than for a couple of things at the beginning which really bugged me.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I thought it was unreasonably slow. They could have done the episode in 45 minutes and not lost any of the intensity or intrigue. Also some things really bugged me - specifically (spoiler alert) was not frisking or cuffing him when they put him in the car and then letting him walk around the station for a few hours and then deciding to frisk him and check for priors (which they already did at the stop) before cutting him loose. Also taking him to a crime scene wouldn't happen and nobody gets held for a traffic violation for 6 hours (they never got around to dealing with the DUI so it was purely a traffic issue). I get that they were playing on it being an unusual situation, but they just took too many liberties to get him back close to the crime scene and subsequent arrest.

Additionally you know he obviously didn't do it as there would be no use for additional episodes if he did.... Again, I get that is the point, but they could have put out some evidence already to spark some doubt in the conclusion rather than stack everything against him knowing there's more to come. Just a few things or a little contrary evidence would have gone a long way.

I'm still interested to see what happens next.

Reaction Score
Sooooooo good, but at the same time so hard to watch at how cringe worthy it was.

My roommates opinion, (He's a lawyer btw)

The chain of evidence was broken, that will get brought up later.
The one guy they interviewed might be questioned because he said he was alone even though he wasn't.
That couldn't have been the knife she was killed with. Missing all the blood.
And the blood on his hand wasn't hers, it was his from when he broke the window.

Reaction Score
Two issues from my end:

1) He was young - most likely he gets an Uber instead of stealing his Dad's cab. Was late 2014 but still.
2) He is lost - and has an iPhone - but doesn't have Maps or Google Maps up? Unlikely at his age...

After that, I can live with the rest of it. ;)

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Just watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Though I had the same issues as @J187Money. If you're not going to take an Uber then at least call a yellow cab or at least take the 7 train into Manhattan. No need to steal your dad's cab. And yes, once you realize he has an iPhone there is really no excuse getting lost driving around Manhattan in 2014.

Other than that, I really like what they did with the episode it. I had no problem with the length, instead I thought it added to the tension throughout. And I also liked how real world mistakes were being made all over the place (which will likely catch up with the cops and their case).

I will admit while watching the opening credits I got the feeling it was just going to be a filler for season 3 of True Detectives and therefore was prepping to be disappointed... Glad I was wrong.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Ok, last night's episode was a little slow, but it was all about character development and set up, so I'm fine with it. I'm hooked.

Reaction Score
Ok, last night's episode was a little slow, but it was all about character development and set up, so I'm fine with it. I'm hooked.

slow? It's a mystery/drama not an action flick.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
slow? It's a mystery/drama not an action flick.
Oh really, that had never crossed my mind until you so keenly pointed it out...

Some of the scenes (especially ones without dialog) from last night's episode were dragged out a bit à la True Detective.

Reaction Score
Oh really, that had never crossed my mind until you so keenly pointed it out...

Some of the scenes (especially ones without dialog) from last night's episode were dragged out a bit à la True Detective.

didnt mean to be a dick about it, i can understand the parts where they are trying to be "artsy," I just have a feeling this show is going to be a lot about character development then just stuff actually going on. Right now its been a lot more entertaining than at least Season 2 of True Detective. I'm hoping it stays that way.

Reaction Score
Hey Everyone, after I watched the first episode I noticed the ending credits statesbased on BBC Criminal Justice. I was curious and found it on my DigiStream. Come to find out, the show is same outside of small issues/differences between England/USA judicial system, police differences, and race of the characters of. An example, the episode ones of both are 90%, and the plot scenarios is right on the same. I binged BBC Criminal Justice, great show. If you do not want to wait, I suggest watching the show. I will say the Night Of seems more edgy and dark as HBO likes to do it compared to BBC.

Reaction Score
My wife hates it so far. Too slow for her. Will have to watch this one solo.

Reaction Score
Was out of town Sunday evening, so the family watched episode 2 last night. During the opening credits, the late James Gandolfini was credited as executive producer.
Intrigued, my wife looked up the show on line & found that Gandolfini was heavily involved in this project before his untimely death & was set to play the part of the lawyer that subsequently went to John Tutorro.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ive seen the whole season already except the finale (a screener leak). Its fantastic.

Also, its not what a lot of you guys here are thinking its going to be. But I will not spoil at all. Just wanted to say I think everyone will really like this. I cant wait for finale. It kinda sucks I binged through the whole thing and dont have that.

Excellent show.

Reaction Score
Ive seen the whole season already except the finale (a screener leak). Its fantastic.

Also, its not what a lot of you guys here are thinking its going to be. But I will not spoil at all. Just wanted to say I think everyone will really like this. I cant wait for finale. It kinda sucks I binged through the whole thing and dont have that.

Excellent show.

Where did you find the screener?

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Enjoyed last night's episode. So much tension at every turn.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
How is this not more talked about? One of the top shows on TV right now.

Reaction Score
How is this not more talked about? One of the top shows on TV right now.

Totally agree, its great. I can't wait till Sundays to watch this.

I will look around my various digital subscription services to see if I can find the BBC show that this is based on.

Reaction Score
Sooooooo good, but at the same time so hard to watch at how cringe worthy it was.

My roommates opinion, (He's a lawyer btw)

The chain of evidence was broken, that will get brought up later.
The one guy they interviewed might be questioned because he said he was alone even though he wasn't.
That couldn't have been the knife she was killed with. Missing all the blood.
And the blood on his hand wasn't hers, it was his from when he broke the window.
Not gonna read too far as my wife and I just watched the opener, but...

They never read him his rights, either. Not sure any evidence or testimony from then on is admissible. Maybe his clothes. But probably not DNA swabs. A man not read his rights cannot offer informed consent to a search. Could even be the same for his clothes. Your rights include the right not to incriminate yourself and the right to an attorney who would likely exert your right against self-incrimination.

Really great atmosphere, though. Even though I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything, since he would otherwise be covered in blood, the tension was crazy with him trying to walk out of the station.

Just a very poor choice by the kid. Understandably scared out of his mind, you stand there perfectly clean in a horrific messy crime scene and dial 911. Still gonna look bad, but everything from then on looks 10 times worse.

Reaction Score
The scene of Nas swallowing the coke was one of the best I've seen in a long time. So good and only 3 more eps left

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom