The NCAA should make a rule that caps a teams ability to accept more than 3 top 25 athletes | The Boneyard

The NCAA should make a rule that caps a teams ability to accept more than 3 top 25 athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
in basketball. I hear the big hoo ha about how they want a 2 year mandatory stay before you get to the NBA--how about each school is permitted to accept as many as three total athletes from a consensus ratings systems to avoid a top heavy advantage. I really dont think schools like Kansas Kentucky and Duke should be able to pile on top 25 players over all other schools. It gives them unfair competitive advantage. Uconn is a school that has done it the hard way and has been successful. We've had our fair amount of talent but we've never been stock piled with athletes in the top 25 like Kentucky or Duke. There should be fairness and parity--what happens at Kentucky should not be allowed.

Reaction Score
I couldn't disagree more with this sentiment. We seem to be doing fine with our own style of recruiting. Plus we all know those ratings systems are flawed. And whose would they even use?

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Where's the dislike button? That's one of the worst ideas I've heard in a while. The problem is not a coaches ability to recruit, and a school shouldn't be punished because they recruit well. The problem is the "one year removed from high school" rule that the NBA and NBAPA agreed on. Coaches who succeed within a given system shouldn't be punished for it. Call the NBA if you don't like it.

Next you'll be suggesting we should remove some of the women's titles because they had too many good players.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
in basketball. I hear the big hoo ha about how they want a 2 year mandatory stay before you get to the NBA--how about each school is permitted to accept as many as three total athletes from a consensus ratings systems to avoid a top heavy advantage. I really dont think schools like Kansas Kentucky and Duke should be able to pile on top 25 players over all other schools. It gives them unfair competitive advantage. Uconn is a school that has done it the hard way and has been successful. We've had our fair amount of talent but we've never been stock piled with athletes in the top 25 like Kentucky or Duke. There should be fairness and parity--what happens at Kentucky should not be allowed.
You can't do that, there would always be disagrence over who the top 25 players truly are. Also some kids grow up wanting to play for their dream school and too deny them cause 3 other top 25 players committed wouldn't be fair to them. Winning championships give you an recruiting advantage, that's just the way it is.

Reaction Score
They can keep them all... I just want their transcripts verified to show they actually attend classes before they play us. The day any of them reach 60 credits they can go to the NBA.

Reaction Score
I for one am surely not jealous of kentucky!

Reaction Score
Mr. Scrappy, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Reaction Score
this doesn't make sense. Those rating systems aren't accurate. I'm sure some of those players wont meet expectations, they won't develop, etc etc

Reaction Score
2 and done would only help schools like UK. I would do it where they can either go to NBA directly out of HS or if they go to college they would have to stay 3 years.

Reaction Score
The kid made his opinion, which 99% of us will probably disagree with, this isn't China, it's America, but no need bash a fellow Boneyarder

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
"I would like to recruit you to play at Kentucky, son. I really would. But, you see, we already have our 3 top 25 athletes on the team, and you are just ranked high enough that I can't offer you a scholarship. Now, if anything were to happen to your performance (wink).... over the next couple of games (wink)...... You know....nothing debilitating or anything....just a couple of extra turnovers a game, another 3 or 4 missed shots.... I mean if you were ranked 26 we wouldn't even be having this conversation...."

Yeah.... I just can't see anything that could possibly go wrong with this plan.... Not one darned thing.

Reaction Score

You may want to take your one time Boneyard mulligan on this thread.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dumb. The NBA and NCAA shouldn't be allowed to collude. Baseball has the best system. The NBA can draft any 18 year old and hold their rights until after their would be junior year. Get drafted, sign or go to college and sign anytime you or team the thinks you're ready or re-enter the draft after 3 years.

Or something where players can play 2 years semi-pro (juniors/d-league level) until age 20 and still have 2 years of eligibility.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
You may want to take your one time Boneyard mulligan on this thread.
Jimmy, where did you find your avatar pic??? I'm actually friends with the one on the right... we went to high school together and she dated my best friend for a couple of years.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You can't do that, there would always be disagrence over who the top 25 players truly are. Also some kids grow up wanting to play for their dream school and too deny them cause 3 other top 25 players committed wouldn't be fair to them. Winning championships give you an recruiting advantage, that's just the way it is.

I can't think of a better way to make highschool/AAU basketball far more corrupt than it already is.

The OPs original idea was not well though out.

Reaction Score
NCAA rules should be just like the NBA, free trades, waivers etc.

Reaction Score
If that gives them such an advantage, then Big Blue Basketball Babysitting would have won on Monday. As nice as it is getting top 25 recruits, there's a downside in their lack of experience and that will always be able to close a talent gap. It's why teams like UConn and Louisville last year can win and will keep winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom